Let's cut through the chase: Jesus didn't exist.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Let's get right down to it. Jesus didn't exist, and there is no proof that confirms he existed. Why is it that people continue to believe he is their dying demigod savior? When will they ever learn that there is no Jesus. No savior. No heaven. No hell. No religion? When will you people realize you are living a big fat lie?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Jesus will have his day in court.

Did Jesus exist? Court to decide
    http://www.ksdk.com/news/hot_topics_articl...x?storyid=91389
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1469984

Here some very interesting argument on Luigi Cascioli: http://www.luigicascioli.it/prove2_eng.php

The question, is Luigi Cascioli going to win the court ?
    I say, this should be quite interesting to see the outcome.

- If the court say that Jesus exist well there will be party everywhere for all the Xiens outthere. As for the atheists well whe will just keep seeking untill they find REAL evidence of his existence.

- If the court say that Jesus DONT exist, it will be chaotic for the Xiens, as for the atheists, well whe dont celebrate such thing cause we already know he doesn't exist. So let them have ther faith

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

I agree, but would phrase it differently, MW-

One can logically assert that there was no "Jesus Christ"- based on strong arguments which conclude that supernaturality and "divinity" are ambiguous or ineffible, or, more reasonably as simply imaginary.

As for the Jesus of legend being an actual historical character, there isn't any good evidence with which to assert he was, but, no strong evidence with which to prove he was an entirely fictional character, either.

Arguments about the similarities of Jesus to other Heros are compelling, but unfortunately amount to strawmen; elaborate "negative definitions."

The protagonist case for the historicity of the legendary "Jesus" rests soley, and properly, upon the clergy.

Besides, by divorcing Jesus of his "miracles" and divinity, we arrive at a reasonable characterization of a possibly-historical figure.

If i were a believer, I'd gladly accept "a draw" in that debate, any day. LOL!

Love your posts, hun.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Love you, too, Qwerty!

8. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

I cant wait to see the result.

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

When you give them something of equal or greater value in pacifying their ignorant little minds. I'm in a very cynical mood lately re the human race. I'm 44 yrs old and while I've always known there was ignorance in the world, it's becoming distressingly clear just how deep and broad it really is in the vast majority of the population. It scares me and infuriates me at the same time. My tolerance for willful ignorance is at an all time low. Grrrr. Arrrrg.

10. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

LOL, I still laugh everytime I think about a court case taking place to decide if Jesus existed or not. So ridiculous. :m:

The man is fake, but his existence is not important. What's important to a Christian is the message. If some court says Jesus never existed, nothing will change, no one except non-Christians would give a damn. Not to mention a court saying Jesus never existed doesn't make it so, especially to people who still believe, keep the courts out of religion or else don't complain when judge rules on an issue because God told him to.

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

QuarkMoon,

But not so. If he never existed then the whole ressurection, holy spirit, and the entire savior scenerio would be false, and hence the very basis of Christianity would be ludicrous and meaningless. It is absolutely essential to the Christian that he actually existed, died and has become their living savior.

A proof that he never existed would be a massive death blow to Christianity. The message of Christianity is a minor side issue, those are the rules that one must follow to achieve salvation and the all important eternal life - the very reason any religion would exist.

12. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

It could cause collective suicide to christian extremists. *cough* woody *cough* Others will just have to keep ther faith stronger. Honestly, i see no future for christianity, each day new discoveries are made, new technology, internet expansion, september 11, history atrocities, forbidding condoms... enough is enough.

I think it's good time to stop.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

just because the bible is a mere storybook (wich is an ok philosophical read,)

doesent mean certain factors that are told in the book are false, its possible for it to be true,

but to dedicate your life and trust into mere scriptures is not so wise, to be in a box means you are not truley free,

holy books are ok, i have read many but taking them as literal fact is not for my taste, same with modern scientific theorys, taking things as literal fact when it stands as theoretical isnt wise,

peace,

14. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

That book that you call (bible) is dangerous for childrens, many parents DO let ther child read it and they DO take it literal !

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

well if the parent gives a child a storybook they can read that and take it as fiction and philosophy/metaphor,

so the parent should tell the child the same, dont take it seriously as fact, just read it like a book, like i would say to my son,

anyways what little child could read and fully comprehend the words in the bible and make any sense of it all?, it confuses some adults,

im not saying teach little kids its all true, i never suggested this, i just said its a good book,

i dont like religion, even if i did believe in god, (wich i dont) why would i need a religion and church ?, if i had faith and was a good person isnt that enough for the almighty who has no desire? if he has no earthly desire why would he care where my earthly ass is on a sunday morning?

peace.

16. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

I agree. sounds like a fan club to me.

17. Qorl Guest

If Jesus didn't exist than this people didn't either, lets say; William Valace, Buddha, Marcus Aurelius, Confucius, St Jude, Mohammed, St Augustine, Joan Of Arc, Lao Tzu... Why? Because I didn't see real photo of them.

Medicine Woman, God doesn't care if you agree with religion. Oh I almost forgot, this world happened from nothing.
    Peace

18. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Look! The white fang: this wolf is part dog.

19. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Hey, Qorl! Are you talking about the origin of all life from non-life?

I asked someone for a picture of that, and he told me to look in the mirror. Not exactly the EVIDENCE that I was looking for.

20. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Medicine Woman,

What difference does it actually make to *you* if Jesus never existed and the Christian faith is not based on real events?

21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Why didn't he exist?
    Because you believe there is no proof, he didn't exist?
    Why don't you get off peoples back instead of pushing your bubble-headed opinions on folk?

Jan.

22. Qorl Guest

All life.

23. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

1. Jesus was the son of the intelligent creator of the universe put on Earth via a virgin birth who grew up to perform impossible miracles and came back from the dead to ascend to heaven.
    2. Jesus was a preacher who managed to get some followers
    3. Jesus was crazy
    4. Jesus was a magician/showman
    5. Jesus was ordinary but he was subject to the self-indulgent story telling of the time which exaggerated his actions
    6. Jesus never existed and is a character in a story.

Do Christians somehow deep down think that number one is most likely to be true?