The Reasons Jews Do Not Believe Jesus Was G-d....

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by The Devil Inside, Jan 27, 2006.

1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

taken from an article i was reading on about.com. all of the information that is in this article is 100% pure fact. with my hebrew texts in front of me, i checked the validity. not a single mistake.
    enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    1) JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:
    A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
    B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
    C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
    D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.
    2) JESUS DID NOT EMBODY THE PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF MESSIAH

A. MESSIAH AS PROPHET

Jesus was not a prophet. Prophecy can only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry. During the time of Ezra (circa 300 BCE), when the majority of Jews refused to move from Babylon to Israel, prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets -- Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi.
    Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had ended.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father -- and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David!

C. TORAH OBSERVANCE

The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)
    Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. (see John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts 3:22 and 7:37)
    3) MISTRANSLATED VERSES "REFERRING" TO JESUS

Biblical verses can only be understood by studying the original Hebrew text -- which reveals many discrepancies in the Christian translation.

A. VIRGIN BIRTH

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

B. CRUCIFIXION

The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: "Like a lion, they are at my hands and feet." The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the word "gouged." Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to crucifixion: "They pierced my hands and feet."

C. SUFFERING SERVANT

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the "suffering servant."
    In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews ("Israel") are regarded as one unit. The Torah is filled with examples of the Jewish nation referred to with a singular pronoun.
    Ironically, Isaiah's prophecies of persecution refer in part to the 11th century when Jews were tortured and killed by Crusaders who acted in the name of Jesus.
    From where did these mistranslations stem? St. Gregory, 4th century Bishop of Nanianzus, wrote: "A little jargon is all that is necessary to impose on the people. The less they comprehend, the more they admire."
    4) JEWISH BELIEF IS BASED SOLELY ON NATIONAL REVELATION

Of the 15,000 religions in human history, only Judaism bases its belief on national revelation -- i.e. God speaking to the entire nation. If God is going to start a religion, it makes sense He'll tell everyone, not just one person.
    Judaism, unique among all of the world's major religions, does not rely on "claims of miracles" as the basis for its religion. In fact, the Bible says that God sometimes grants the power of "miracles" to charlatans, in order to test Jewish loyalty to the Torah (Deut. 13:4).
    Maimonides states (Foundations of Torah, ch. 8):
    The Jews did not believe in Moses, our teacher, because of the miracles he performed. Whenever anyone's belief is based on seeing miracles, he has lingering doubts, because it is possible the miracles were performed through magic or sorcery. All of the miracles performed by Moses in the desert were because they were necessary, and not as proof of his prophecy.
    What then was the basis of [Jewish] belief? The Revelation at Mount Sinai, which we saw with our own eyes and heard with our own ears, not dependent on the testimony of others... as it says, "Face to face, God spoke with you..." The Torah also states: "God did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us -- who are all here alive today." (Deut. 5:3)
    Judaism is not miracles. It is the personal eyewitness experience of every man, woman and child, standing at Mount Sinai 3,300 years ago.
    5) CHRISTIANITY CONTRADICTS JEWISH THEOLOGY

The following theological points apply primarily to the Roman Catholic Church, the largest Christian denomination, and the one most familiar to the Western world.

A. GOD AS THREE?

The Catholic idea of Trinity breaks God into three separate beings: The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).
    Contrast this to the Shema, the basis of Jewish belief: "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deut. 6:4). Jews declare the Shema every day, while writing it on doorposts (Mezuzah), and binding it to the hand and head (Tefillin). This statement of God's One-ness is the first words a Jewish child is taught to say, and the last words uttered before a Jew dies.
    In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry -- one of the three cardinal sins that a Jew should rather give up his life than transgress. This explains why during the Inquisitions and throughout history, Jews gave up their lives rather than convert.

B. MAN AS GOD?

Christians believe that God came down to earth in human form, as Jesus said: "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).
    Maimonides devotes most of the "Guide for the Perplexed" to the fundamental idea that God is incorporeal, meaning that He assumes no physical form. God is Eternal, above time. He is Infinite, beyond space. He cannot be born, and cannot die. Saying that God assumes human form makes God small, diminishing both His unity and His divinity. As the Torah says: "God is not a mortal" (Numbers 23:19).
    Judaism says that the Messiah will be born of human parents, and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, and will not possess supernatural qualities. In fact, an individual is alive in every generation with the capacity to step into the role of the Messiah. (see Maimonides - Laws of Kings 11:3)
    C. INTERMEDIARY FOR PRAYER?

The Catholic belief is that prayer must be directed through an intermediary -- i.e. confessing one's sins to a priest. Jesus himself is an intermediary, as Jesus said: "No man cometh unto the Father but by me."
    In Judaism, prayer is a totally private matter, between each individual and God. As the Bible says: "God is near to all who call unto Him" (Psalms 145:18). Further, the Ten Commandments state: "You shall have no other gods BEFORE ME," meaning that it is forbidden to set up a mediator between God and man. (see Maimonides - Laws of Idolatry ch. 1)

D. INVOLVEMENT IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD

Catholic doctrine often treats the physical world as an evil to be avoided. Mary, the holiest woman, is portrayed as a virgin. Priests and nuns are celibate. And monasteries are in remote, secluded locations.
    By contrast, Judaism believes that God created the physical world not to frustrate us, but for our pleasure. Jewish spirituality comes through grappling with the mundane world in a way that uplifts and elevates. Sex in the proper context is one of the holiest acts we can perform.
    The Talmud says if a person has the opportunity to taste a new fruit and refuses to do so, he will have to account for that in the World to Come. Jewish rabbinical schools teach how to live amidst the bustle of commercial activity. Jews don't retreat from life, we elevate it.
    6) JEWS AND GENTILES

Judaism does not demand that everyone convert to the religion. The Torah of Moses is a truth for all humanity, whether Jewish or not. King Solomon asked God to heed the prayers of non-Jews who come to the Holy Temple (Kings I 8:41-43). The prophet Isaiah refers to the Temple as a "House for all nations."
    The Temple service during Sukkot featured 70 bull offerings, corresponding to the 70 nations of the world. The Talmud says that if the Romans would have realized how much benefit they were getting from the Temple, they'd never have destroyed it.
    Jews have never actively sought converts to Judaism because the Torah prescribes a righteous path for gentiles to follow, known as the "Seven Laws of Noah." Maimonides explains that any human being who faithfully observes these basic moral laws earns a proper place in heaven.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

and before a moderator deletes this, i wanted to point out that this was posted so that another thread wouldnt be muddied by this subject anymore.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Not all Jews believe this way:

Messianic Jews

Doesn't it take a blood sacrifice to cleanse you from your sins? No amount of good-doing replaces a blood sacrifice.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

jews for jesus are just christians masquerading as jews.
    i know a few.
    your source even says that.

im not talking about jewish people. im talking about followers of the G-d of Abraham.
    THEY do not fall under "jews for jesus" in any way.

8. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Again. Why no more blood sacrifices to cleanse you from sin as required by the law?

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

because there is no temple.
    the messiah will build it WHEN he comes.

i already said that in the other thread, anyhow.

10. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

No blood -- no forgiveness of sins -- no exceptions.

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Messiah belief = bullshit belief anyway, so it's all pointless circular crap...

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i am a noahide jew, woody.
    research that topic while i am gone for the next day and a half.

13. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

I figured I wouldn't get an answer on that one from a jewish person. I never do.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i am not your typical, run of the mill jewish person.
    i also study islam, evangelical christianity (was a southern baptist for many years), ancient sumerian religion, egyptian religion, and meso-american religion, to name a few.
    i read, write, and speak hebrew, arabic, aramaic, latin, mexican spanish, dutch, russian, and english.

learn something new every day, dont you?

15. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

DI,

It's good that you have a gift with the languages.

Once again concerning the law:

No blood -- no forgiveness of sins -- no exceptions.

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

once again, i say:
    research noahide judaism. and the exemptions made for "righteous gentiles", before speaking FOR G-d.

17. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

What about the rest of jewry -- how do they get out of it?

18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

So..lemme get this straight: you're racist against anyone who follows the jewish religion merely because a few jewish people clamored for jesus' death- a necissary death in your religion, and a legal necessity in Roman Law.
    You've just proven that stupidity reaches no bounds. :bugeye:

19. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

I quote myself:

I support the nation of Israel.

Hapsburg, Act like you've got a little sense dude! Also Try improving your communication:

You could say something like: "It appears you are a racist against Jews because of what a few of them did to Jesus. Could you please clarify this perception?"

20. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

even "i" do not support the current nation of israel. what they are doing is neither biblical, or remotely human.
    that doesnt make me a bad jew, though. that makes me a rational thinker.

a christian is supposed to emulate christ, right? then why arent you jewish, woody? do you observe the sabbath on the seventh day? do you eat pork?

please clarify your beliefs.

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

and to answer your question about "the rest of jewry" "getting out of it"..... it is specifically stated in the mishna that if there is no temple, a graceful life will assure you a place with the almighty. no temple means no sacrifices. period.

outside of the temple, it is forbidden to kill animals for such an idea.
    like i said: jews the world over will flock to the temple for the sacrifice, once it is built. it is a grave sin to not comply.
    except noahide jews, of course.
    btw...have you researched what noahide jews are, yet? or are you still lumping them with hereditary jews?

22. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Why would blood forgive sins? Don't you see how stupid it is?

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

to further cement my point, woody:
    "And you shall call upon Me, and go, and pray to
    Me, and I will hearken to you. And you shall seek Me, and find Me,
    when you shall search for Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13)
    also:
    I Kings 8:46-50

also:
    Hosea 14:3

blood sacrifice is not necessary.