the beast is the jewish messiah?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by The Devil Inside, Jan 25, 2006.

1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

im sure this topic has been discussed here before, but i havent seen it.

the new testament book of revelations states that a beast bringing "first peace, then war" will be in control of virtually the entire world.

jewish messiah prophecy declares that the messiah will do many of the same things as this beast (rebuilding the temple in israel, backing israel against all threats, bringing an era of peace and then war, etc).

my question to you is this:
    could the book of revelations have been more of a "book of propoganda" to set christians apart from jews, once and for all? the myths certainly resemble eachother, and since Jesus is the messiah for christians, wouldnt they see a "new messiah" as this beast?

incidentally, this is my 666th post.
    i dedicate this one to satan. i am a fan of his work. :m:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Congradulation with your 666th post The Devil Inside

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Circe Registered Senior Member

I thought the number of the beast was actually 616? Some early texts of the Book of the Revelation mention 616 instead of 666.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

It is my belief that the Anti-Christ will deceive the World into thinking He is the Messiah. That is the great deception that will be done in the world.

His deception will work up until he sits in the rebuilt temple and declares himself God. The Jews will then cast Him out and He will turn around and with great violence destroy many who live in Israel. The book of Daniel and the book of Revelations complement each other in many ways.

Read the book of Daniel where He talks of the war between the evil King of the North and the King of the South. Part of the deception will require the Anti-christ to save the Jewish people from the arab nations who will never accept the state of isreal or a rebuilt temple upon the mount.

I believe the King of the South will be followed as the islamic "messiah" The madi. It is revealing to note that many Arab nations will be destroyed by the King of the North their multitudes will be no more. One notable exception in this destruction will be the "prominent people of Ammon" that is Jordan a nation that has sought close ties with Israel and has sought to live in peace with them.

The beast is more that the man it is also the empire that he will rule. You will see that in the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation this empire is described almost exactly the same.

Daniel 3
    7 “After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. 8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.

Revelation 17
    7 But the angel said to me, “Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. 11 The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.
    12 “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast. 13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

So in a way you are right and in another way you are wrong. I believe many "christians" will believe the false Messiah is the true Messiah just as the Jews will. But true Christians will be guarded from deception. We know how the true Messiah will return to this world, He will not be born as a baby again nor will He rise to power to lead an empire. He will not fight using normal weapons as men do.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

8. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Black widdows, dart frogs, aligators, hippos, king cobras. Magically these animals ceased to be dangerous and obeyed God.

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

adstar....you did not address the question.
    this isnt for preaching, it is to address a question toward the christian population of sciforums.

10. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I did answer your question.

There is only one Messiah. So the Jewish Messiah is the World Messiah. But the Jews rejected the Messiah Jesus because He did not conform to their idea of what the Messiah should be. The Anti-Christ or Anti-Messiah will conform to what the Jews think a Messiah should be. And He will deceive more than just the Jews, he will deceive most of the World. Many of the devout atheists and “christians” in here (if they live long enough to see the anti-Messiah) will bow down and worship him as God. Of course as i said when he finally makes his claim that he is God many of the Jews will reject him this will give him a pretext to attempt the final extermination of the Jewish race to make a lie the promise of The God to Abraham. Of course he will not succeed.

PS: Your admiration for satan is misplaced, his great cunning cannot overcome God.

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

lol
    what you and most folks think satan is.....is a lie in and of itself. YOU are satan. "i" am satan. satan is the part of yourself that makes you want to break the rules.
    it isnt some red guy with horns thats on fire all the time.
    nor is it a "dark spirit" or some mumbo jumbo.
    satan is like a robot. it does what it is programmed to do. and that is to tempt you. that is all.
    nothing to fear, if you have control of yourself.
    again, i reiterate: i am a big fan of satan and all of his work.

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Apparently it does. More and more people are forgetting your pointless religion and beginning to think rationally.

13. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Your wrong. satan is not a kind of force or part of our nature. satan is a real being with a real agenda, he hates each and everyone of us.

14. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Do you think it is a numbers game where humans are the points? How human centric of you. Nooo sorry it’s about a demonstration to the heavenly host. God is letting satan show himself to heaven for what he is.

15. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

if you are reading daniel and revelation for symbolism and prophecy you should read zechariah. intersting satanic verses too.

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

like..Salman Rushdi "satanic verses"?

17. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Shame there's no being powerful enough to stop him heh? (Or to have not created him in the first place).

18. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

i never read salman rushdie, didnt he point out all the satanic verses of the bible and draw some conclusions and correspondence between them.

19. Magog Registered Member

the christian view of the "beast" is that he will exalt himself as god, but the jewish messiah will not claim to be god. so in no way can a christian claim that the jewish messiah is the "beast."

20. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Adstar said:

The bible seems to imply that Judas Iscariot (the son of perdition), will be sent back to earth to be the beast/antichrist. His original motive was to lead Israel to victory over the gentiles.

His motive in betraying Jesus is hard to interpret. Some think he was trying to "force Jesus' hand" and reveal himself as the conquering messiah. This seems plausible. From his actions after the betrayal -- he stood with the disciples and put his own life at risk.

John 18:3-6

Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

The officers, chief priests and Pharisees bowed to the great "I am"-- Judas expected more than that.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

read "the satanic verses".
    excellent book.

22. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

i wish i had time

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

What isn't?