Thousands of Australians attack muslims on sydney beach, where is the wizard of oz???

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Dec 12, 2005.

1. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4520218.stm

Last Updated: Monday, 12 December 2005, 06:47 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    Howard condemns riots in Sydney

There were angry confrontations between police and youths

Australian Prime Minister John Howard has called for ethnic and religious tolerance in the wake of race riots in Sydney over the weekend.

Attacking people "on the basis of their race, their appearance [and] their ethnicity" was unacceptable, he said.

Thousands of young white men attacked people of Arabic and Mediterranean background on Cronulla Beach on Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4417306.stm
    Australia terror suspects charged

Suspects have been charged with belonging to a terrorist group

Police in Australia claim to have foiled a major terrorist attack after they arrested 16 people on Tuesday in raids across Sydney and Melbourne.

Nine people appeared in court in Melbourne, including Abu Bakr, an outspoken Algerian-Australian cleric who has praised Osama Bin Laden.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4434270.stm

Last Updated: Monday, 14 November 2005, 06:47 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    'Nuclear link' to terror suspects

The Lucas Heights site is the country's only nuclear reactor

A nuclear research reactor was a possible target for a group of men arrested on terrorism charges last week in Australia, police have said.

Three of the 18 men arrested had been stopped near the reactor outside Sydney last December, a police document said.

Police also alleged that some of the men attended military-style training camps in the country's outback.

Whats going on in the wizard of oz?

Are they racial stereotyping all muslims as terroists?

is this Just because of the foiled attempts against australia recently?

A NUCLEAR REACTOR STATION IN SYDNEY, MILLIONS DEAD SYDNEY UNLIVABLE FOR 30 YEARS, IS THIS ANYTHING TO BE UPSET ABOUT?

the 3 muslims arrested there say they were decided to stop to play with there fold up cycle there, australia the biggest country in the world, and they pick the outside of a nuke station to play with a bicycle, sounds reasonable, just a coincidence i am sure.............

As is the fact they had been training in a military camp in the outback, just a massive coincidence............

To see the pictures today of oz women and men punching muslims on the beach, are our countries not instep with public feelings, on these matters.

A man by nature is violent, a woman is not, yet i saw many women punching these muslims, is that in it self not showing the public anger.

What our leaders do not understand is, with non muslims our families and our country comes first and second religon a distant third, with muslims there religon comes first and all else is second, there lies the danger, human beings, should always come before your religous beliefs, when religon comes first you can have a fanatic very easily, if the right person motivates them...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

vincent,

It's clever of you to tie in the attempt of the Sydney reactor with the general frustration against Muslims and Middle-Easterners who refuse to assimilate.

Perhaps you should also mention the Bali bombings, where the Muslim terrorists targeted Westerners due to their 'evil' way of life. OK, fair enough, that's life. Terrorism is becoming more and more frequent in today's day and age. There are many religious and secular factions bombing and killing for a number of reasons.

What rubs salt in the wounds is how the Indonesian government, many of whom are Muslim sympathists (and in fact USE terrorists as an auxillary army), gives these people slaps on the wrist. We are held in scorn by our own Muslim neighbours. And then the world turns around and expects us to treat Muslim extremists with tolerance, and get on bended knee and kiss their rotund ass.

To make matters worse, the Indonesians overfish in our waters, stealing the bread from the mouths of Australian fishers. When caught, they mock the fisheries, and try to flee back to the safety of their Indonesian waters. After all, they know that they 'weak' Australians wouldn't dare open fire on them. They have nothing to lose by making a break for it.

Foreigners, and even Australians themselves, fail to see why a large section of society is becoming more and more frustrated with the invaders. It's their, believe me. We fought against foreign invasion in WW2, and we will fight against it again if necessary. The average Australians will take back Australia beach by beach, suburb by suburb, ocean zone by ocean zone, if necessary.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jack54 Registered Senior Member

vincent, once again, you've missed the point on this issue. You do realise this whole situation is the result of gang violence, not terrorism.. right?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mountainhare Banned Banned

jack54:
    Gang violence is a primary cause, but the refusal of some extremist Muslims to assimilate,their vocal outcries against the Australian way of life, and their attempts to ruin our country add fuel to the fire. Because Muslims tend to be Middle-Easterners.

8. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Gang violence in broad daylight with there bikinis on, its the first time i have heard of gangs going for a fight with bikinis and bathing costumes on!!!!!

Now if you are referring to the sydney violence overnight, i have no doubt rent a mob played a large part in it.

But the beach riot was more to do with resentment, with the local muslim population over the nuclear reactor incident in sydney, & remember this, the people of melbourne would have been affected too if this nuclear reactor was blown up, the radioactive fall out in melbourne would be massive, so thats 2 of australias main business cities, that dominate the country laid to waste over this terroist attack if they had not been found there.

Whats left in oz then, the great white in western australia, or in south australia, or the tasmanian devil in tasmania, or the crocodiles of the northern terroities, or the queen in queensland or the very small and capital of australia canberra.

I am not knocking these other states, but vic, & nsw are the main states of oz, and without them australia is screwed.

9. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

These are all just more problems to hinder us once the straw on the camel's back gets broken when Israel strikes Iran. It's bad enough pissing off the Muslims with such an act when the Muslims aren't doing anything, but when this happens while there's currently world-wide riots going on? Talk about a shitstorm and a huge hinderance if more hell breaks loose in the Middle East. We'd all be at a nice disadvantage. Heck, I wouldn't doubt the need for mass Muslim detention camps to quell all the uprisings during this war. Kinda ironic with the Jews starting it all this time.

- N

10. jack54 Registered Senior Member

What the hell? Half of this doesn't even make sense. Try putting together some coherent sentences, they maybe I'll be able to make sense of your views.

11. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Yes i agree the foiled nuclear reactor attack, does not make sense to sane people, but to insane people it makes perfect sense.

In your world jack, the oz government made it all up to fuel muslim resentment.

In reality it happened, and if it suceeded australia would be like the fiji islands, of no importance in the world, such would be the effect on the oz economy.

12. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=581&&edition=2&ttl=20051213140150

Added: Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, 12:56 GMT 12:56 UK
    The racial tension would not be at the current level if only Aussie born citizens would stand up and say that they are proud to be Aussie. Time after time I have seen 2nd generation Aussies from Lebanese Muslim descent say how much they hate this country; why be here if you don’t like it? This is one of the major reasons why these riots occur, due to Aussies (of Lebanese Muslim descent) who spit on our flag and burn it and refuse to mix with other people. They are the racists here.
    Diane, Sydney, Australia
    Recommended by 2 people
    Sign in to recommend comments.
    Complain about this comment.

Added: Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, 12:55 GMT 12:55 UK
    when you have a lot of different races coming into your country, not intergrating and imposing their culture upon you, its no wonder tensions boil over, because lets be honest, thats the core of the problem. something seriously needs to be done about getting people to mix otherwise these problems will just esculate. multi-culturalism? youre having a laugh.
    mackem safc
    Recommended by 2 people
    Sign in to recommend comments.
    Complain about this comment.

Added: Tuesday, 13 December, 2005, 12:52 GMT 12:52 UK
    I am an Australian of Vietnamese background and have lived in Australia for over 25 years since arriving from a refugee camp at the age of 5. Having grown up in Australia, I must say that Australians are very tolerant people. I have very rarely encountered racism in 25 years. It could be because I grew up with the belief that if you respect and embrace the society in which you live, then society will in turn respect and embrace you as one of its own regardless of your ethnicity.
    Jonathan, Melbourne
    Recommended by 2 people

3 interesting views from people in the world on the bbc have your say, i think Vietnamese Jonathan, from Melbourne puts it very well, when he says "I must say that Australians are very tolerant people. I have very rarely encountered racism in 25 years. It could be because I grew up with the belief that if you respect and embrace the society in which you live, then society will in turn respect and embrace you as one of its own regardless of your ethnicity."

Very well said and a lesson muslims could learn from in australia, and france, and in the rest of the world, this man says embrace the society in which you live, maybe if muslims started doing this, and stop seeing islam as there entire world, and learn to put the country first for once, as well as there fellow humanbeings.