X-mas food !!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Paraclete, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Paraclete Banned Banned

Since I have nothing else to do right now , I might just as well ask this :

The religious X-mas is coming up , what do you eat all around the world on this day (I hope it will be from turkey to spaghetti ) :

In Denmark (my country):
    60 % eats roasted duck (untill the H5N1 will stop that )
    30 % eats roasted pork

Norway/Sweden :
    1) Ludfisk/lutefisk : cod/heering treated in some acid and salt
    2) or slices of ham ..........

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

in america thanksgiving is about food. christmas is about celebrating the birth of christ by exchanging gifts. your question should be about thanksgiving not christmas (in america)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Paraclete Banned Banned

Sorry Leo - thanksgiving only exists in US - I was just curious, what the whole world was eating at a religious feast !!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Paraclete Banned Banned

Leo - what do YOU eat at X-mas ?

8. Paraclete Banned Banned

Ethiopia : injera with raw meat !!

Injera is sour bread - it looks like a table cloth , it tastes likes a table cloth .....

The X-mas dinner was fed to me by hand by the host , because I was the guest of honour in the small ethiopian village .......as a MD I took medicine both for tapeworms and other worms as well , the very same evening, when I was alone ..........

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

christians, and muslim foreskins

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

just kidding. we usually have ham,potatoes,corn,pies(all varieties),bisquits,gravy,beans,and a toast with our favorite brand of alcohol.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I recommend them as an appetizer, breaded and deep fried, and served with a tomato-garlic-basil sauce. Some people say they taste like calamari, but I think they taste like chicken.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

pareclete you should at least put your country of origin in your profile.
    you aren't muslim are you? i didn't offend you with my reply did i?

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

we have them as a main course. 1000's of them

14. Paraclete Banned Banned

Hi Leo ,
    No problem , I am from Denmark (the first country I mentioned) .......
    Not muslim - used to be a christian now an agnostic .... sort of .....

Happy x-mas Leo ... your food sounds good ...
    I will have roasted duck, sweet potatoes , sweetsour cabbage (tastes better than it sounds), sour cucumber and gravy -- washed down with red wine .....

for desert a special thing called Ris-a -la-mande - mix of rice ,milk,almonds,sugar,spices boiled into a special porridge like consistence , cooled down mixed with whipped cream - and then served with cherries and washed down with portwine..

Then coffee and cakes,brandy /liqeours ... after that so much sweets and candy that 3 families would become sick eating it .....

If anyone have the stamina - we dance around the X-mas tree for a while singing ; and then let the children fetch the gifts from under the tree - the children reads the labels of the gifts and give them to us .....

We celebrate X-mas in the evening of december 24.th .......

at last we watch the midnight mass from the vatican in Rome - always transmitted directly in Denmark ......

On december 25.th we have x-mas lunch (smørgosbord ) open sandwiches
    on rye bread - with as much beer and strong alcohol (snaps) that a human beeing can possible drink and survive ...

two days after you have gained 3 pounds in weight .... can´t imagine why ....
    it allways takes a month to loose it again due to the new years celebration .....

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

are people from denmark called danes?

16. Paraclete Banned Banned

Yep, People from Denmark are danish , called danes ...........

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Hmm...well, around Xmas time, my family usually eats sugared ham, biscuits, sometimes pasta, potatoes, etc....lotsa lotsa good food. Mwahahahhah!! Food.

18. Roman Banned Banned

My family typically eats prime rib seasoned with rock salt and cracked black pepper, cooked rare and bloody (sometimes I pretend it's the flesh of Christ).

On the side we have baked potato with sour cream, butter, bacon bits and cheddar cheese, mushrooms and/or asparagus fried in butter.

And served with a red wine or two, typically Californian or Australian.

19. Paraclete Banned Banned

Hapsburg and Roman - USA, Louisville and Williamsburg .......

20. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

sufganyote, latkes, chocalte gelt. Hannukah falls on dec 25th this year

21. Paraclete Banned Banned

Xerxes , Canada : sufganyoute (pastries,jelly-doughnuts) latke (potato pancakes) and chocolate coins ....

22. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

what ever I fancy on that day, however traditionally on xmas, most people have turkey with brussel sprouts and chestnuts, and cranberries sauce, and an xmas pudding, covered in brandy.
    here in england, especially the religious, but to me it's just a national holiday.
    great for children though.

23. Roman Banned Banned

My family lives in Anchorage, Alaska, which is several thousand miles northwest of here. And that's where I spend Christmas.