Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Book of Breathings Vs Abraham

  1. #21
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisus
    I don't believe in God, I know Him. Just as I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.

    Ideas can be shaken, as well as beliefs. If I merely supposed these things to be true, I could possibly be shaken as well.

    Unfortunatly for you, you can't shake me, because my testimony is based on knowledge.
    You do not know Smith was a prophet because he wasn't. You have merely diluted yourseld into thinking that you know that in spite of the fact that this was proven false.

  2. #22
    by peace he shall destroy many Nisus's Avatar
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilairian
    You do not know Smith was a prophet because he wasn't. You have merely diluted yourseld into thinking that you know that in spite of the fact that this was proven false.
    I know he was a prophet, seer and revelator, an instrument in the hands of God. You can't prove anything false, you simply believe it to be so.

    You push against the grain of your own understanding and kick against the pricks of truth and knowledge, trying to liberate yourself from responsibility and justice.

  3. #23
    Registered Senior Member Marlin's Avatar
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilairian
    I did disprove your religion.
    No you didn't.

    You just choose to believe the lie anyway.
    No I don't.

    If that is what you call faith then your faith does not do you good.
    Yes it does.

  4. #24
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisus
    I know he was a prophet, seer and revelator, an instrument in the hands of God. You can't prove anything false, you simply believe it to be so.

    You push against the grain of your own understanding and kick against the pricks of truth and knowledge, trying to liberate yourself from responsibility and justice.
    You are the one that is kicking and screaming in the face of having been proven wrong. Stop lying about my motives. I have already proven your religion wrong.

  5. #25
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    No you didn't.



    No I don't.



    Yes it does.
    Yes I did. Yes you do and no, believing a lie does not do you good.

  6. #26
    Registered Senior Member Marlin's Avatar
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilairian
    I have already proven your religion wrong.
    Just saying over and over again that you have "proven my religion wrong" is not a valid argument. It is merely repetition of an erroneous belief.

  7. #27
    Registered Senior Member Marlin's Avatar
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilairian
    Yes I did. Yes you do and no, believing a lie does not do you good.
    No you didn't, no I don't, and I don't believe a lie.

  8. #28
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Just saying over and over again that you have "proven my religion wrong" is not a valid argument. It is merely repetition of an erroneous belief.
    No, it is a statement that the valid arguement was already given. Go back to the begging of the thread to read it. I already disproved your religion.

  9. #29
    Registered Senior Member Marlin's Avatar
    Posts
    769
    I'm not wasting any more time on this idiot. Repeat your erroneous claims all you want, Trilairian. I hope for your sake that God is forgiving.

  10. #30
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    I'm not wasting any more time on this idiot. Repeat your erroneous claims all you want, Trilairian. I hope for your sake that God is forgiving.
    For my sake? Does your god think its ok to use such insults in the place of valid arguements?

  11. #31
    by peace he shall destroy many Nisus's Avatar
    Posts
    470
    Speaking of Abraham, Josephus says-- This account comes from 1rst century AD. Josephus had all kinds of historical works, and literature at his disposal.

    2. For whereas the Egyptians were formerly addicted to different customs, and despised one another's sacred and accustomed rites, and were very angry one with another on that account, Abram conferred with each of them, and, confuting the reasonings they made use of, every one for their own practices, demonstrated that such reasonings were vain and void of truth: whereupon he was admired by them in those conferences as a very wise man, and one of great sagacity, when he discoursed on any subject he undertook; and this not only in understanding it, but in persuading other men also to assent to him. He communicated to them arithmetic, and delivered to them the science of astronomy; for before Abram came into Egypt they were unacquainted with those parts of learning; for that science came from the Chaldeans into Egypt, and from thence to the Greeks also.

    http://www.interhack.net/projects/li...jews/b1c8.html

    This same data corroborates with the translation of the Book of Abraham, in which it also has Facsimiles of when Abraham taught the egyptians about astronomy.

  12. #32
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisus
    Speaking of Abraham, Josephus says-- This account comes from 1rst century AD. Josephus had all kinds of historical works, and literature at his disposal.

    2. For whereas the Egyptians were formerly addicted to different customs, and despised one another's sacred and accustomed rites, and were very angry one with another on that account, Abram conferred with each of them, and, confuting the reasonings they made use of, every one for their own practices, demonstrated that such reasonings were vain and void of truth: whereupon he was admired by them in those conferences as a very wise man, and one of great sagacity, when he discoursed on any subject he undertook; and this not only in understanding it, but in persuading other men also to assent to him. He communicated to them arithmetic, and delivered to them the science of astronomy; for before Abram came into Egypt they were unacquainted with those parts of learning; for that science came from the Chaldeans into Egypt, and from thence to the Greeks also.

    http://www.interhack.net/projects/li...jews/b1c8.html

    This same data corroborates with the translation of the Book of Abraham, in which it also has Facsimiles of when Abraham taught the egyptians about astronomy.
    No it doesn't.
    Concerning what extremely vague correspondence one might interpret as being there, why do you assume that Jo Smith didn't read Josephus?

  13. #33
    by peace he shall destroy many Nisus's Avatar
    Posts
    470
    You beforehand proclaimed that you had more knowledge than us; in regard to that of our doctrine. But you don't even think for yourself--U just parrot propaganda.

    Joseph Smith very well could have read from Josephus (i never said, or assumed he didn't btw), but he doesn't copy old texts to produce the truth. He translated the papyri. If he wanted to falsify a book of Abraham and accustomed himself to plagiarism he would have also used this Idea to explain the death of Haran, Abraham's brother--Taken from the Book of Jubilees in the Apocrypha--

    "And they arose in the night and sought to save their gods from the
    14 midst of the fire. And Haran hasted to save them, but the fire flamed over him, and he was burnt in the fire, and he died in Ur of the Chaldees before Terah his father,
    "
    http://wesley.nnu.edu/biblical_studi...do/jubilee.htm

    Instead the book of Abraham reads

    "NOW the Lord God caused the famine to wax sore in the land of Ur, insomuch that Haran, my brother, died; but Terah, my father, yet lived in the land of Ur, of the Chaldees."
    http://scriptures.lds.org/abr/2/1#1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know Joseph was an avid reader, unlike yourself, of ancient texts and manuscripts.
    It's written in the book of Jasher http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/12.htm
    And the Lord loved Abram and he had compassion over him, and the Lord came down and delivered Abram from the fire and he was not burned.
    But all the cords with which they bound him were burned, while Abram remained and walked about in the fire.
    And Haran died when they had cast him into the fire


    Joseph Smith said

    "Abraham, the prophet of the Lord, was laid upon the iron bedstead for slaughter; and the book of Jasher, which has not been disproved as a bad author, says he was cast into the fire of the Chaldeas."
    http://www.centerplace.org/history/ts/v3n21.htm

    This is witness he knew of the Book of Jasher and could have easily wrote "Haran died in the fire" but instead translated from the papyri the real fact. Haran died in a famine.

    You do no research. You don't even think!

  14. #34
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisus
    You beforehand proclaimed that you had more knowledge than us; in regard to that of our doctrine. But you don't even think for yourself--U just parrot propaganda.

    Joseph Smith very well could have read from Josephus (i never said, or assumed he didn't btw), but he doesn't copy old texts to produce the truth. He translated the papyri. If he wanted to falsify a book of Abraham and accustomed himself to plagiarism he would have also used this Idea to explain the death of Haran, Abraham's brother--Taken from the Book of Jubilees in the Apocrypha--

    "And they arose in the night and sought to save their gods from the
    14 midst of the fire. And Haran hasted to save them, but the fire flamed over him, and he was burnt in the fire, and he died in Ur of the Chaldees before Terah his father,
    "
    http://wesley.nnu.edu/biblical_studi...do/jubilee.htm

    Instead the book of Abraham reads

    "NOW the Lord God caused the famine to wax sore in the land of Ur, insomuch that Haran, my brother, died; but Terah, my father, yet lived in the land of Ur, of the Chaldees."
    http://scriptures.lds.org/abr/2/1#1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know Joseph was an avid reader, unlike yourself, of ancient texts and manuscripts.
    It's written in the book of Jasher http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/12.htm
    And the Lord loved Abram and he had compassion over him, and the Lord came down and delivered Abram from the fire and he was not burned.
    But all the cords with which they bound him were burned, while Abram remained and walked about in the fire.
    And Haran died when they had cast him into the fire


    Joseph Smith said

    "Abraham, the prophet of the Lord, was laid upon the iron bedstead for slaughter; and the book of Jasher, which has not been disproved as a bad author, says he was cast into the fire of the Chaldeas."
    http://www.centerplace.org/history/ts/v3n21.htm

    This is witness he knew of the Book of Jasher and could have easily wrote "Haran died in the fire" but instead translated from the papyri the real fact. Haran died in a famine.

    You do no research. You don't even think!
    You are the one who isn't thinking for himself but paroting pro Mormon propoganda. I on the other hand gave you a link to the proof that the book of Abraham came from his wrong interpretation of the book of breathings.

  15. #35
    by peace he shall destroy many Nisus's Avatar
    Posts
    470
    ... i've read a large portion of the apocrypha, and i've read alot of Josephus. In my personal studies. I don't read pro-propaganda, furthermore i'm not apologizing for anything. I've found various facts on my own effort and studies.

    These are the ones I presented to you. That's insulting that you'd say I got that info from somewhere else! Once again, Tril, you're wrong. And I plainly observe it...from my own testimony first hand.

  16. #36
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisus
    ... i've read a large portion of the apocrypha, and i've read alot of Josephus. In my personal studies. I don't read pro-propaganda, furthermore i'm not apologizing for anything. I've found various facts on my own effort and studies.

    These are the ones I presented to you. That's insulting that you'd say I got that info from somewhere else! Once again, Tril, you're wrong. And I plainly observe it...from my own testimony first hand.
    You haven't observed any evidence for Mormonsim. You have only interpreted your world to be for your false religion. I have already proven it wrong.

  17. #37
    by peace he shall destroy many Nisus's Avatar
    Posts
    470
    I read volumes of Anti-Mormon propaganda before I started going to the church... please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •