Book of Breathings Vs Abraham

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Trilairian, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What I find quite amazing is that people can STILL buy into LDS after reading that one of their holy books is 100% pure BS.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

Simple, not all of the original papyri/manuscripts translated have been recovered...

Interesting how lack of physical evidences are instrumental to faith.

Certainly a purpose unfolds behind the mystery, of why God leaves no such evidences.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Marlin Registered Senior Member

As I understand it, one eyewitness described the Book of Abraham scroll to have been several rooms in length. They didn't recover nearly that length, so how can people say conclusively that what we have now is the complete original scroll?

8. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

*crickets* Yawn.

9. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

No, it wasn't that simple. If you wouls read it you would find that it was proven that 100% of the book of Abraham was Josephs interpretation of the little sensen section of that papyrus, a part not lost.

10. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

if you wouls get over tryin to bash LDS doctrine, maybe you wouls have a life?

11. Marlin Registered Senior Member

He wouls if he couls, but he can'ts.

12. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Who is bashing? I am disproving.

13. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Why are you trying to disprove Mormonism? Are you a disgruntled ex-Mo? One who can leave the Church, but who cannot leave the Church alone?

You really should try a new schtick. Maybe you can go torture some kittens or something.

14. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

You link criticism. You feel an obligation to publish this news to everyone.

We could sit here and link apology, and affirmations, but it's useless.

Your idea isn't based in doctrine, principle or facts. It's based on the wretched offended spirit that sifts through all the energy of your heart, trying to justify you while you cling to the lonesome end.

You can play out your life dabbling with the left overs of Joseph Smith's ministry. But your never getting close to the real bread and meat, you're just picking at the crumbs that fell from the table.

While people pick up the crumbs left over of manuscripts/scrolls/writings they'll never peice together the mystery and truth that is only found through faith.

Go help homeless people, sick people, starving children--but feel free, trying to topple over peoples faith is like trying to cut down a tree by whacking at the leaves. You only hurt yourself in the end.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  15. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Accusations of wretched spirits, of understanding nothing deeper than crumbs etc do not constitute valid arguements. Just face the fact that your religion was proven wrong and get over it.

16. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

I already disproved your religion. You have a discusting evil imagination.

17. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Saying I have a "discusting evil imagination" does not constitute a valid argument. I have proven that the LDS Church is true. Just accept that.

18. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

It wasn't meant to. It was an observation. You can't have proven it true as I have already proven it false. Just accept that.

19. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

Only things you've proven to me, is that you're really dumb. And have no life at all, and your soul is cankered with lies and deceit.

20. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

I have not told a lie. You are lying to yourself because it is easyer for you to think so than to face the fact that I am telling you the truth that your religion is wrong.

21. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Forgive me for saying so, Trilairian, but you are a couple bricks short of a chimney, if you ask me. You have not "proven" my religion false by your vapid arguments. You apparently don't understand the meaning of the word "faith" and the absolute inability of anyone to prove another's faith "false."

22. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

I don't believe in God, I know Him. Just as I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.

Ideas can be shaken, as well as beliefs. If I merely supposed these things to be true, I could possibly be shaken as well.

Unfortunatly for you, you can't shake me, because my testimony is based on knowledge.

23. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

I did disprove your religion. You just choose to believe the lie anyway. If that is what you call faith then your faith does not do you good.