Cricific of Horus

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Trilairian, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Darkman Registered Senior Member

What is that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

It is a crucifix of Horus. Horus is depicted fastened to a post with arms or wings outstreatched in the shape of a cross as that was the symbol for the sun and he was a sun god. Jesus is a remake of the Horus-Osiris dying rising godman religion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Therefore, Jesus didn't really exist. The myth of Jesus has been passed down through the ages, but only the original gods, perhaps, existed. Ultimately, all religions are an interpretation of the stars and constellations. There are really no Gods nor gods. That pretty much levels the playing field, I'd say.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

M*W thats wrong, god may or may not exist but Jesus did and he WAS probably crusifide (all though the IMAGE could have been taken from that of horus i dont know). We KNOW he lived because there are historical documents from the roman empire that SAY he lived and that he was crusifide and that was because it was the way romans put people to death. Christans would probably worship a rope if they hung people then or an electric chair if the romans had electricity.

Im sorry i disagree with there religion but that part is factual

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Asguard, this is not about god, it's about Jesus's crucifixion. There may have been a crucifixion according to Roman records, but I've yet to find them. Although crucifixion did, in fact, occur during that time, there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE suggesting that Jesus of Nazareth ever met his death by that form. In fact, there is actually more evidence that Jesus never died on the crucifix. There is more evidence that Jesus never existed.

That's true what you said, had it been a rope or electric chair, Christians would honor that symbol, but the fact it, Jesus is nothing more than a pagan god. All christians worship a pagan god, but they don't know that. It's funny, really, that christians bestow honor on pagan symbols. I prefer to pursue reality, myself, where there are no gods to deal with.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

There is more evidence that Jesus never existed.

what evidence?
    i thought we had the roman senses that said yes, there was a boy born to mary and josph, they are even claiming to have found the casket his brother was buried in so i seriously doubt that he wasnt a REAL person. What i doubt is that he brought people back from the dead unless he worked out CPR ect

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is anecdotal evidence that Jesus existed. It is certainly consistant with the mood of the times, with many religious thinkers accepting followers, and a great flow and exchange of ideas through the trade routes.

12. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I believe the references to Jesus existing have proved false, even though they existed in Josephus's works. His existence is just too close to the pagan gods of the day.

13. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

There was no census at the time of Jesus' supposed birth. The closest census was in 6AD and there are no surviving census records. Side notes: Rome did not make families return to their city of origin for census. Nor is there any record of the "Star of Bethlehem" despite that fact that many civilizations at the time kept very detailed accounts of astronomical events.

While the ossuary was ancient the inscription "brother of Jesus" was a forgery.
    ~Raithere

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: So, therefore, there is no authenticity to the existence of Jesus. Why do some 2 billion idiots still believe this is so?

15. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Where do you get that information. I would like to see it for myself as all evidence indicates that even if there were a person who would actually have been named Yeshua on whome the modern version of the Horus religion called Christianity is based, his parents were probably not actually named Mary and Joseph. Those were just distorsions of the names of the parents of Horus, Meh and Seb.
    Meh
    Meri
    Mary
    Seb
    Jo(lord or god) Seb
    Jo-Sep
    Joseph
    Even the baptist's name seems to have come from Anup who baptised Horus. Makes me wonder if Jovanites were Anup worshipers.

16. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Actually there were quite a few men called Yeshua, Josephus mentions 19 of them. But the NT story is almost completely unfounded. No census, no star, no record of Herod ordering the death of children, no cliff in Nazareth, etc. Examining the earliest Christian writings there is very little consensus at all about who Jesus was, what he preached, or what happened.

But it's not that Christians are idiots, they're just like everyone else. Beliefs filter chaos into order. We all rely upon unfounded beliefs from which we form a self-supporting world-view. Logic and science are not intrinsically any more truthful than religious or other belief systems but they are self-adjusting. It is this, rather than any demonstrable truth that recommends these systems to me. They allow for adjustment, adaptation, and correction rather than striving merely for confirmation. In a changing Universe a static system falls ever further away from reality.

~Raithere

17. just a little chink in your armor, that even with accomplished star-gazers, some things escaped world-wide notice,

BTW, I'm more interested in the earthquake that rent the veil in the temple

a new star in the sky
    http://www.seds.org/messier/more/m001_sn.html

18. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

I'm curious, do you happen to have any evidence that there was such an earth quake or that the veil was ever rent at all. If it was rent I would suspect foul play, so any evidence that there was such a quake would be nice.

19. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Indeed, but we are supposedly talking about an event significant enough to convince the three magi leave their homes and bring treasures gold, frankincense, and myrrh to the new born king. One would assume the birth of God warrants more than some fuzzy little pin-prick of light that only 3 people noticed. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

~Raithere

20. re-read my post, I'm curious about it too, because its only mentioned in the NT, not by Josephus or other contemporaries, that would be the collaborating evidence that I’m looking for

21. actually, if I remember right, it was a planetary convergence that occurred in the constellation (Ares, I think) that represented the kingdom of Israel in the system of the Magi,

here's a link as reference:
    http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/starbeth.html

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2005
  22. Trilairian Registered Senior Member