a lifetime of believing

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by genep, Oct 26, 2005.

1. genep Guest

Each night we go to sleep and the mind fools us about how solid brick walls are, about how fires can burn, about nuclear holocausts, about how volcanoes can erupt … about hurricanes and ... about AIDS …and meteors that will exterminate mankind …
    Each night our mind fools us in our dreams so routinely that nothing on earth can be more routine or consistent
    And the joke is that no matter how unreal our dreams are and how routinely our mind fools us
    each morning we wake up to believe it – the EXACT SAME MIND.
    7 days a week
    365 days a year
    in fact a whole lifetime.
    =-=
    And this is not what makes the comedy funny, let alone supreme.
    What makes the comedy funny is when we laugh at the fool that assures us that mind is perfectly consistent with its honesty to make life just a dream.

The comedy is supreme because we have to righteously drug, incarcerate or even poison, maim or kill all the psychopaths that could care less about all the modesty or morality, life or death .. or even mass extermination… dreams need to appear real
    7 days a week
    365 days a year
    in fact a whole lifetime.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

not sure i QUITE dig what you mean....but, say you were to give me your address, and i come and forcibly disembowel you, wouold you say THAT was real or not?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It is practical to believe in consensus reality, but the memory of dreams do affect us in our waking hours, suggesting alternative ways to interpret the situation.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. genep Guest

it would be just as real as in a dream -- IT IS THE SAME MIND.
    7 days a week... a whole lifetime.

What makes you think that the mind can suddently becomes honest when it thinks it wakes up in the morning, 7 days a week... ?

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The mind has two different modes, sleeping and awake. The mind has two halves, and several substructures, it might not be the same mind like you say.

9. LVPhysics Registered Member

And yet you all are here regardless, real or not. I think its just as much fake, as it is real. I bet true understanding of life is going to be something none of us expected.

10. jn7 Registered Member

A great teacher said, That which you see with your eyes is not real...and The mind is AT WAR with God and the truth. We are on a realm where there is constant change , everything falls apart, rots and vanishes. Your building your castles on sand. One must know whether what your EXPERIENCING is Real or a Game. All games have beginnings, changes and an ending, football games, videos games, card games, the Game of Life. The great teacher offered something you can count on. He said , What I offer is UNCHANGING.

11. jn7 Registered Member

A great teacher said, That which you see with your eyes is not real...and The mind is AT WAR with God and the truth. We are on a realm where there is constant change , everything falls apart, rots and vanishes. Your building your castles on sand. One must know whether what your EXPERIENCING is Real or a Game. All games have beginnings, changes and an ending, football games, videos games, card games, the Game of Life. The great teacher offered something you can count on. He said , What I offer is UNCHANGING. Mind is simply a game piece.