quick query

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by devils_reject, Oct 11, 2005.

1. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I just saw a screen doc on naked tribes in the Amazonian Americas. Yes they walk and live their lives in the jungle naked in the year 2005. My query is does this not violate what the bible say about our eye being open to see our nakedness? Are this guys not offsprings of Adam and eve?Anyway I would like to hear from christians on this issue

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Businesswiz Registered Senior Member

There are other religions out there, look at it from their eyes. Christianity doesn't dictate all. Just like law, the bible's contents can be interpreted in many ways. Take "nakedness", God might not be refering to physical nakedness.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

the Hebrew myth of the Grden of Eden is patriarchally bias, and demonizes the indigenous poeoples it appropriates mythically....so for example, te bit about te nakedness being samfull is an inversion. it is writ to make out that that is so in reality....compare wtis with the myths writ about female circumcsion--more so mutilation. men have written down myths in te places that condode it to make out some 'gods' want that. but no, it's silly fukin men tat want it sos they can OWn women.....same with te Grden myth in Genesis. it is writ to make you ashamed of nakedness etc as THOUGH it is 'God' that wants it. dig?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

It's not about that, the disobidience made them feel ashamed, not just ashamed for the actions but also ashamed in other ways like being naked.

Maybe we all had a chance at the "garden of eden"? Childhood can be seen as a "replacement" for the real "garden of eden" where we could be free and when everything was "magical" (in a way). Maybe "garden of eden" is a state of mind? Which the first humans were in. Which holds no shame or such feelings, since that is our natural "state" that was what we were born with and which we grew out of, since we are now in a "state of sin" instead.

Ideas about this?

8. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

There is something very appealing about living a simple life in the jungle in your birthday suit.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

except when the ants are crawlin up your arse

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The tabus about privacy are not natural. People who live in small tribes in which they're almost all related don't have any reason to be "embarrassed" about seeing each other going about their lives. That includes bathing, going potty, being born, giving birth, or even copulating. Much less the more prosaic parts of life like conducting conversations or having fun.

We're really the same way. If your sibling or parent or grandparent or other close relative of the opposite sex--or even the kids you grew up with--accidentally gets a peek of your naked body you may go ooh-ooh and giggle, but you don't feel violated.

It's when the other person is a stranger--someone from outside the "tribe"--that we feel uncomfortable. We don't want them to "know" us so intimately, to hear what we say to our close friends, to see what we do to relax, to watch our bath or our courtship.

Yet even that behavior is taught-and-learned, not necessarily instinctive. Somebody with a slightly twisted view of life and way too much time on his hands decided that people need privacy when they're naked, and somehow he got them to believe it. From that point it was just a matter of extending this new need to other activities like sleeping or talking to family.

But it's not "normal." We've encountered some pretty large communities of Stone Age People in the remote jungles in various locations. and some of them were very blase about nudity and privacy.

Still it's not just an Abrahamist (Judeo-Christian-Islamic) thing. The Confucians, Hindus, and Buddhists wore clothes, as did the people of ancient Egypt and pre-Christian Europe. Something about achieving civilization or getting pretty close to it seems to trigger the privacy tabu.

11. VossistArts 3MTA3 Registered Senior Member

Hmm well, its obviously a natural state of being for these people. Gods clearest written truths are revealed first in nature.

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Why should that be a problem? You just pick them off and eat them, preferably before they've reached the crack!

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would imagine it could be more difficult to get an ant out of your crack if you are wearing pants

14. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Unless your pants are around your ankles

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Let's hope you don't have to run away from some other danger during an ant attack then.

16. steponit Registered Senior Member

The closest thing I have seen that dramatizes the garden of eden would be a Tarzan picture, without that friggen alligator.