Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 532

Thread: Mods are too lax

  1. #161
    Jeez Louise. Little long-winded, maybe?

  2. #162
    Who?
    Me?
    I can be.
    But not as breezy as Gusty.
    Heh.
    Actually, I did it that way on purpose.
    Gusty generally chooses some few small sentences to focus on and repeatedly harps on the same points over and over again. So, to drive home the repititiveness and boring nature of this whole damned 'debate', I answered him line for line. Every line he uttered, I responded to. Most of my responses were repetitive, as I already stated he simply repeats himself as a debate tactic.

    If I really cared to, I could whittle that monster post down to a few key points which would make it much more effective in a 'flame war' and would make it accessible to those who have no vested interest in the 'debate'. But, I don't care to. And I won't. Read it or don't. I don't care.

  3. #163
    Lol.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    If I really cared to, I could whittle that monster post down to a few key points which would make it much more effective in a 'flame war' and would make it accessible to those who have no vested interest in the 'debate'. But, I don't care to. And I won't.

    Read it or don't. I don't care.
    You don't care if people read what you say?
    So you're producing for the waste bin -- and don't care if you do so?

  5. #165
    Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child c20H25N3o's Avatar
    Posts
    2,017
    Regarding the post count history discrepancies ...

    Invert_Nexus UserId = 15278
    Gustav UserId = 17259

    The following statement if run by an Admin with access to execute Manual Sql queries, should clear it up once and for all (assuming no table prefixes are used).

    Code:
    SELECT uname as 'User Name',forum.title as 'Main Forum',childForum as 'Sub-Forum',count as 'No. Posts In this Sub-Forum' 
    FROM (
    SELECT user.username as uname,forum.parentid as fpid ,forum.title as childForum,count(post.postid) as Count from user ,post ,thread,forum
    WHERE post.threadid  =thread.threadid AND
    thread.forumid=forum.forumid AND
    post.userid = user.userid AND
    user.userid=*****
    GROUP BY uname,childForum
    ORDER BY count desc) as DerivedTable1,Forum
    WHERE forum.forumid = fpid
    ORDER BY count desc
    Just replace the ***** at the line which reads user.userid=***** with either Verts or Gustav's user id as stated at the top of the post.

    I've written a VBulletin hack to include a 'Post Summary' panel on the Member Info page if anyone is interested

    Here is what it looks like



    peace

    c20
    Last edited by c20H25N3o; 12-02-05 at 08:19 AM.

  6. #166
    invert preens like a peacock. the mutt asserts his superior intellect....in all his delusional glory

    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    Hardly going on the defensive. Merely stating the facts. I was speaking of inspiring threads and the majority of my threads do not fall in the category that I would view as inspiring. Many of my posts do. But only a few of my threads.
    and goes on to damn others as inferior...

    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    *James, I feel, has shown himself to be capable in this regard to at least some extent. He is definitely a knowledgeable source for the physics forum. And he has posted a few threads which I view as inspiring. Not as many as I'd like, perhaps, but the physics forum is certainly not short on posters. So, perhaps his lack of activity can be forgiven on that account.

    *And. Spurious, if truly interested, should be given Biology. But, Spurious. I have to ask. Are you prepared to take the responsibility and to be an inspiration? You are well-known for your one-liner posts. Can you put more effort into your posting? Particularly threads?

    *Mystech has expressed an interest in Ethics. And Tiassa has endorsed him. Tiassa will not be able to spend much time online so I see no reason why Mystech couldn't take the reins. But, with a similar question as to Spurious, is he willing to be an inspiration?
    the premise is obviously that these folks are really good for nothing fucks and dont really deserve to be here. look at the sheer megalomaniacal attitude on display when he forgives james for not coming up to his expectations
    he has absolutely no idea how these wannabe mods would actually conduct themselves if given the job yet launches a pre-emptive attack utilizing the mother of all wmd's...... the mutt wags his finger at them

    the sheer fucking gall and arrogance.

    he then goes on to demand a reward for his brilliance

    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    *And what do I get out of it?
    Well, friends and neighbors, I get to be Site Admin... Muahahaaa!!!!
    quite mad, ja?
    Last edited by Gustav; 12-02-05 at 09:49 AM. Reason: bolding mine

  7. #167
    notice how fanboy has absolutely nothing to say about his idol, gendy
    it is obvious as far as inspiration goes, she is the pinnacle of perfection.
    pathetic how he grovels and trails her like a little lapdog

    vert

    please understand...suicide is an entirely viable option

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by c20H25N3o
    Regarding the post count history discrepancies ...
    the assumption is one of rationality
    a discrepancy implies that there are two or more, fairly sound, calculations
    the difference in magnitude is fairly small

    compare the figures offered up by the mutt. the errors are gross.
    they should be dismissed out of hand as a possible weak and ineffectual attempt to mislead. why? no one can be that stupid.

    i repeat...i stand by my figures. both mine and the tard

  9. #169
    Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child c20H25N3o's Avatar
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustav
    they should be dismissed out of hand as a possible weak and ineffectual attempt to mislead
    Why would you dismiss something 'out of hand' if it was only a 'possible' weak and ineffectual attempt to mislead?

    I bet you two would get on great in a bar watching baseball with a beer in your hand, talking about your shared interest of 'forum debating'

    peace

    c20

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by c20H25N3o
    Why would you dismiss something 'out of hand' if it was only a 'possible' weak and ineffectual attempt to mislead?

    c20
    i like that, master
    i am not worthy
    i was being unnessarily kind
    lemme reword

    ".....they should be dismissed out of hand as a weak and ineffectual attempt to mislead. why? no one can be that stupid."

    there!
    Last edited by Gustav; 12-02-05 at 10:24 AM.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by gendanken
    (Gustavio, you're taco meat when I come back.
    dear lord
    is that erotic or what
    gendy the taco and gustav the meat?
    finally!
    she wants me
    she really does

    /blissed out

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    since my important post.
    it will never end. as long as this mutt breathes, the puffed up peacockery, these delusion of grandeur, will not abate
    unless of course...

    ...i spend some time with the mutt and teach him about humility

    ahhh, responsibilties!

    it is also quite funny how he begs me to comment when i already have and had been acknowledged ashaving done so. it is even more funnier how the mutt passes off inspiration as the topic rather than laxity

    must be a further expression of his delusions

  13. #173
    Water,

    You don't care if people read what you say?
    In this instance, I was writing for one person.
    Gusty.

    So you're producing for the waste bin -- and don't care if you do so?
    Well. I wouldn't say I don't care. That's where my thoughts on deleting my posts in here came from.


    Gusty,

    the mutt asserts his superior intellect....
    There you go again.

    Hardly going on the defensive. Merely stating the facts. I was speaking of inspiring threads and the majority of my threads do not fall in the category that I would view as inspiring. Many of my posts do. But only a few of my threads.
    Grasping at straws or anything? First you're saying I'm being defensive prematurely (at which point you also said you found me to be an intelligent poster or something like that.) And now you're claiming that I'm claiming to be of superior intellect with these words.

    If anything, I was claiming less than superior intellect as the topic is one of inspiring threads which I am clearly deficient in.

    But, you go ahead and spin away, Gusty. If you weren't so boring and pathetic, you'd probably be a funny little guy.

    the premise is obviously that these folks are really good for nothing fucks and dont really deserve to be here. look at the sheer megalomaniacal attitude on display when he forgives james for not coming up to his expectations
    Along comes Gusty with his pecker in his hand... he's a one-balled man.

    No, Gusty, the premise was obviously about testing an idea of moderators creating inspiring threads ('inspiring' not meaning 'superior' as you seem to be taking it). James is capable in this regard as he has posted threads that I found quite inspiring. But, he does it rarely. His main posting activity is just that. Posting. He answers questions.

    As to 'forgiving him', I was merely speaking in terms of my idea.

    But, you go ahead and keep rereading my posts looking for things to take out of context and all. Maybe someday that vagina of yours will heal.
    Does it sting?

    he has absolutely no idea how these wannabe mods would actually conduct themselves if given the job yet launches a pre-emptive attack utilizing the mother of all wmd's...... the mutt wags his finger at them
    Here you go again.
    Just keep repeating yourself.
    I've already explained that I was talking in terms of my idea on moderator responsibility.

    Poor little Gusty. Does it bleed?
    I've said time and time again that I'll apologize for hurting your feelings. All you have to do is ask. I suppose you think the apology will be insincere? It won't be. I never meant to hurt your feelings.

    notice how fanboy has absolutely nothing to say about his idol, gendy
    it is obvious as far as inspiration goes, she is the pinnacle of perfection.
    pathetic how he grovels and trails her like a little lapdog
    I'm surprised it took you this long to come up with this tactic. Shows how your broken vagina has distracted you from stereotypical attacks.
    Or. Perhaps it's that you were rational enough, at the beginning, to avoid such idiotic arguments but now the stinging of your vagina has overwhelmed all reason?

    As to her being the pinnacle of perfection in terms of inspiration. I don't know if I'd say that. But, she does have a pretty good record of coming up with inspiring threads.
    Do you deny this?

    it will never end.
    Oh. Yes. It'll never end. My arrogance. Look at my unmitigated gall. I actually have once more repeated myself. Judging my post way back then as more important, more topical, more debatable, than any of this subsequent bullshit with a poor boy with a broken vagina.

    it is also quite funny how he begs me to comment when i already have and had been acknowledged ashaving done so.
    Beg?
    Yeah, right.

    You already have?
    Well. You did comment once. Before I broke your vagina and all.

    it is even more funnier how the mutt passes off inspiration as the topic rather than laxity
    The topic changed, obviously. Hard for you to realize that? With that stinging pussy?
    You might note that it changed again since that change. But, I'm trying to change it back because the previous topic was actually interesting as opposed to talking about your hurt feelings.

    Note also, that moderator laxity is a topic that can easily be seen to be similar to one of moderator responsibility. It deals with the proper function of a moderator.
    Really. You have to have all these things explained to you?
    If I rub your pussy will it make it feel better?

  14. #174
    peckers, balls, pussies and vaginas

    my my
    such vulgarities
    you go, boy!

  15. #175
    sting, bleed, rub and broke

    my my
    what a stud
    you go, boy!

  16. #176
    vert: "...hurt your feelings"
    vert: "...hurt your feelings"
    vert: "...hurt your feelings"
    vert: "...hurt your feelings"
    vert: "...hurt your feelings"
    vert: "...hurt your feelings"
    vert: "...hurt your feelings"

    that is like the mother of all diarrhetic fits

    such a transparent ploy too
    an apology for an admission

    hurt feelings are for little girls
    getting pissed off are for bad mofo's

    i'll go with the latter
    sorry

  17. #177
    hurt feelings are for little girls
    getting pissed off are for bad mofo's

    i'll go with the latter
    Well of course you'd go with the latter.
    It doesn't fly though.
    Getting pissed is a consequence.
    Having your feelings hurt is the cause of the consequence.
    You can call it being slandered or defamed or whatever, but the fact is that you're angry because I stated my disrespect for you.
    So.
    You're throwing a tantrum because your vagina is broken.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    But, she does have a pretty good record of coming up with inspiring threads.
    Do you deny this?
    dunno
    if i were to go with my impression of her based on a personal interaction, her involvement in threads that gained prominence and attention (the flame wars that builds reputations and cements stereotypes), it would not be flattering.

    yet, that would be the intellectually lazy way.
    it would also be unfair.
    post histories might have a relevance if one is willing to do an accurate sampling in order to evaluate character and intellect.
    most will not (yourself for example)
    it is far easier to indulge in illogical soundbites based on erroneous and biased conceptions

    better to get a measure of a poster by entering a dialogue. not the kind that you seem to favour (the backhanded compliments, the grudging acknowledgements, the put downs, the superiority complex, etc), but one s that can actually be productive and relevant

    for instance, more of you is known now than ever before, ja? no?
    you dare disagree?

    /cackle

    now

    i refuse to distinguish a topic post from a regular post when considering its content and author. it is not an accurate measure of ones abilities. doing so does the poster a grave disservice

    lemme make it easy for you. thread examples

    mod a1: "arab girls are hot. discuss"
    gendy: ".........."the definitive post on arab girls

    mod a1: "arab girls are not hot. discuss"
    gendy: ".........."the definitive post ..."
    ...etc

    as far as i am concerned, she owns the thread not the mod
    in fact all the fucking n00bish thread starters cant even fucking spell their crap. yet it is the community that will rescue their shit and turn it into something useful

    the difference is mostly code
    Last edited by Gustav; 12-02-05 at 04:11 PM.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    but the fact is that you're angry because I stated my disrespect for you.
    strange that you would expect otherwise
    you must live in a very safe neighborhood where people simply turn the other cheek when you disrespect them

    how lovely for you

    ps: judging by the numerous refs of "no respect" in your dialogue, i take it must have been a momentous event to have said it? finally? were you nervous?

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus
    You're throwing a tantrum because your vagina is broken.
    i wonder what it is you think has been resolved here. and? so?
    do you not see how childish you appear with that self serving characterization that only exists to justify your actions and soothe your fragile ego?

    poor fucking vert.
    all he can he do is erect impotent strawmen

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •