How old is Christianity?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by kevin_chen831, Sep 25, 2005.

1. kevin_chen831 Registered Member

Does anyone know how old is Christianity?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Kinda around 2000 years seems to be the popular guess. The year notation, e.g. 2005, is also something of a clue.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

About 2 hours after the first even bull's first meal

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

about 1,965 years, supposing J.C (if he existed at all) died around 34 Anno Domini, and that's when his little cult venerated him to a status of messianic proportions.

8. Marlin Registered Senior Member

As old as the universe.

9. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

roflmao.

10. typical.

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Cow patties. The universe has existed for over 20 billion years, probably longer. The concept of religion in the first place didn't even develop until 3,265,379,000 or so years after the Earth itself formed, nevermind monotheistic religions which didn't start until about 3000 BCE.

12. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Horse hockey. God existed before He created the universe, as did worship of Him. Jesus (Jehovah) created the universe under the Father's direction.

13. Wilhelm_N Registered Member

Did you catch this on camera?

14. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

God, etc. DID NOT EXIST...when the fuck will you retards get that through your thick fucking heads, and join the Modern World of 2005.
    Get your overzealous ass out of the dark ages and get with the program- it's the modern world, start living it.

15. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Ah yes, modernism. "Modern" people are so very different from their forebears. "Modern" times are so different from former times. The "modern" universe obeys different laws than the "ancient" one. Give me a break.

16. Wilhelm_N Registered Member

The only God is myself.

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yeah, because we use REASON and INTELLIGENCE to govern our thought instead of blind faith and blatantly false presumptions.

18. Marlin Registered Senior Member

How very prejudiced of you, to assume that the ancients had no intelligence or reason.

19. Wilhelm_N Registered Member

Marlin, what the hell are you talking about?

You know I was reading this little book by a local Christian Church and it just made me burst into laughter. It said something to the extent of, "We are proud to announce the progress of our Church returning to the philosophy and traditions of the first century."

Returning to the first century is progress?

20. Marlin Registered Senior Member

I assume they meant that they were returning to the original teachings of Jesus and the original structure of His church as established in the first century. The original teachings of Jesus, whether you believe Him to be divine or not, are timeless and always relevant.

21. Wilhelm_N Registered Member

Jesus made good music. He was one of the Beetles wasn't he?

22. Marlin Registered Senior Member

LOL, didn't John Lennon compare himself to Him once?

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Stop capitalizing common nouns, you bunghole. Unless used at the beginning of a sentence "he" and "him" should be entirely lower-case. Use proper grammer, for once.
    The day going BACKWARDS is thought of as "progressive", is the day three-eyed unicorn pigs fly out of my ass, on fire, and fire lightsaber-wielding ninjas out of an assault rifle.