Genetics Vs Mormonism & Creationism

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Trilairian, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

In the thread where I disproved the bible:
    http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=48815
    I mentioned that the modern Israelites and Arabs are actually the descendents of the Canaanites rather than their conquerors and neighbors. I've been looking into what genetics has to say about ancestries as related to the claims of religions and found this site to be informative:
    http://mormonscripturestudies.com/bomor/twm/lamgen.asp
    The Mormons claim that the modern American Indians primarily are descendent from Israelites that boated across the ocean arriving somewhere around central America. They are darker skinned now supposedly because they were cursed due to certain sinful ancestors. This link demonstrates that there is no genetic connection between the American Indians and the Israelites, but instead the genetics demonstrates that they are descendents of multiple waves of migrating Asian ancestors starting over 40 thousand years ago. The genetic evidence goes on to prove that we are not only closely related to chimps but that we are so closely related that we really should be classified as a third species of chimp, the other two being pygmy and common. Our we had a common ancestry with chimps 5-7 million years ago. Archaic homosapiens came about 500 thousand years ago and fully modern humans about 100 thousand years ago. Well there goes the validity of a whole lot of world religions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mormons can’t fight DNA evidence

http://mormonscripturestudies.com/bomor/twm/lamgen.asp

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Sure they can. All they need to do is get together enough of an angry mob, complete with pitchforks and burning torches, and start mobbing labs. Religions in general have a long history of doing things like that to anything that contradicts them or otherwise piss them off.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. beyondtimeandspace Everlasting Student Registered Senior Member

"In the thread where I disproved the bible"

That thread hardly does that.

9. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Yes I did.

10. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Actually, no one has refuted the Book of Mormon's actual claims about the DNA of its characters yet. This is because the Book of Mormon is mainly silent about such DNA evidence. See the following exhaustive web site by Jeff Lindsay:

Does DNA Evidence Refute the Book of Mormon?

11. Marlin Registered Senior Member

12. beyondtimeandspace Everlasting Student Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry, exactly how does your argument "disprove" the Bible?

If you want, just message me your response, so as to keep this discussion on track. I sure noone wants to see this thread spiral into a topic semi-unrelated.

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

hah...just read the starter post where it claims the American Indians were 'cursed' and that how they got darker skin......oh my goooooood. who said this , the friggin freaky mormons.
    talk about racism made myth
    'speakin of the mormons. they are truly spookily VERY commensurate with the Illuminati!!!!!check it out

14. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Please see the following web page to refute this idea that dark skin was the curse (note especially when it says that dark skin was a sign of the curse, not the curse itself.

Do Mormons Believe That Dark Skin Is A Curse?

Also see:

Are Mormons Prejudiced?

15. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

You were proven wrong by genetics. No apologetic arguement saves your religion from that.

16. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

They also think the mark of Cain was passed onto his children and that was what led to blacks and so they denied blacks the preistood up until sometime in the '80s.

17. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

So you are trying to explain away what you now realise is unethical doctrine. What an embarrassment for you.

18. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Genetics? So do you know the exact genetic makeup of Lehi, Sariah, Jared, Ishmael, Mulek? Do you claim to know the exact genetic makeup of all Native Americans on both American continents?

19. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Since they didn't exist, why would I have to? Seriously, yes the geneticists involved know exactly what components of the genetic make up proves that the American Indians evolved from the same ancestors as did the moden asians and that they did not have a common ancestory with people of the middle east for several tens of thousands of years.

20. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Unless the geneticists in question have determined that all Native Americans originate in northeast Asia (and I mean ALL, not some representative percentage), you cannot credibly say that there haven't been any groups that have different genes.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

21. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

What group has different genes? Prove it. Show me the DNA You are not being honest even with yourself.
    The onus is on you. You are going against what has been scientifically accepted.

22. Marlin Registered Senior Member

"Show me the DNA"??? What am I, the DNA Fairy? I say, YOU show ME that all Native American genes are of Northeast Asian origin. The onus is indeed on you if you're going to claim that NONE of them have Israelite genes. No one has proved that, and I believe no one can.

Plus, I have a spiritual witness that the Book of Mormon is true. Do you?

23. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

Yeah I knew you were just speculating.
    Why?
    As I've said, self delusion does not usurp imperical data. You have been scientifically proven wrong by the DNA evidence among other things.