Ancient Torture

Discussion in 'History' started by Nysse, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Does anyone know of any websites dedicated to Ancient Torture? Preferably Ancient Greek and Roman torture.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Wow...just wow...all this information, i just don't know what i'm going to do with it...thanks for everyone's input...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

How many responses did you expect in 28 minutes on such an obscure topic?
    Google it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

oh i've googled it...i've bloody googled it alright...so dont tell me to google it

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Does that mean we don't get the job as your research assistants?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

if it pisses you off it does

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Yahoo returned these pages using the search criteria listed above the hits.
    Nothing great, but a start (and some of them include sources and links).
    If I do much more searching on Torture at work, I'm going to raise some flags, so my work is done.

torture methods -sex -sexual
    http://www.occasionalhell.com/infdevice/
    http://www.corkscrew-balloon.com/misc/torture
    http://homepages.udayton.edu/~santamjc/winter99-5/robertstreng.htm
    http://www.shadezofblack.com/Torture.html
    http://www.geocities.com/affectivetorturechamber/methods.html

greek roman torture methods -sex -sexual
    http://www.springfield.k12.il.us/schools/springfield/eliz/Torturepun.html

I hope this helps some, even though you aren't being very nice, and your apparent expectation of immediate results, as if people are expetced to jump at your request like trained dogs, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Good luck on your expedition.

11. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Why, thank you for your interest, and the websites.

Although I must say, I am dissapointed to know that once again someone has taken me too seriously (and I have apparently left a bad taste in your mouth) when I am being sarcastic, but then again it's probably an Australian thing and you dont get it. Much like my expectation for men to "jump" at my requests like trained dogs..I suppose I am just use to it...they are such eager creatures after all...your a perfect example. (sarcasm)

I also see we have a discreet interst in Sexual torture methods? Maybe some underlying issues you should sort out?

Cheers for the information, it better not be shithouse, or you might as well not have bothered. (I'm being sarcastic, so dont have a cry)

Thanks again.

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Likewise.

No problem.
    I hope it is helpful, I wasn't very impressed.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

If I was offended, I wouldn't have bothered doing a search.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

By the way, the "-sex" and "-sexual" tells the search engine to exclude sites with return hits for those words.
    It limits the result set so it saves hours of time sifting through the millions of S&M and B&D sites (I save that for home, not work) looking for actual torture sites (but it is bound to drop some sites that could potentially be helpful) .

15. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Oh i'm sorry, did you thing I cared if you where offended? Oh thats so sweet!

Na, i'm joking..i'm also very happy that you were'nt offended, seeming you found some interesting websites that google, the bastard, didn't.

And dont worry if the information isn't the best...i pretty much dont care anymore...i've had it with caring ..i dont care if i get a D for the stupid assignent anymore...

So do your colleagues think your going to kidnap an innocent female tonight and sexually abuse and torture her because you've been looking all this information up? Thats probably what my classmates (not that they are my mates, because i hope they all die) think I am going to do...maybe I will...I have a couple of them in mind..the brazen bull sounds good for them too...

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

They likely think that anyway.
    This just gives them evidence.

17. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Oh dont worry...if by chance you do get arrested, I will be your alibi...even though I live in Australia..yeah, on second thoughts it probably wouldn't hold up in court would it...hmm, my plan has failed...your on your own.

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

19. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Oh, who said you were nice? All that S&M on your home computer hardly classifies you as "nice" does it!

Me on the otherhand...i'm as nice as they come, you could learn a few things from me (insert name here) you know.

20. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Oh I see how it it....just pack up and leave...dont even say goodbye...

21. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I didn't leave.
    Just "stepped away" for a bit to catch up on This Modern World.

Risking my very freedom and facing jail time in a Federal Penitentary for kidnapping just to help you do some research for a school project doesn't qualify me as nice?

S&M only makes me "not nice" if you think S&M is "not nice".

You mean other than how to be unappreciative of the efforts and selfless sacrifices of others?

22. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Risking your freedom! Well if your implying that you would go to jail, then obviously your hiding something...all those disapearances of young women in your area...not just coincidence anymore?

And if you dont mind, school projects are extremely annoying, therefore eveyone should take pity on me for having to go through this ordeal, no matter how nice you are or not. It it just the dont thing, you get no credit for it.

Furthermore, I am not unappreciatve, I said thank you didn't I ? Is that not good enough for? Do I have to kiss your feet or send you flowers?

Anyway I didn't think it was "self sacrifice", after all, your probably bored as shit at work...think of it this way, I have given meaning to your day.

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

*whistles and looks at his feet, then the walls*

In that case.
    I'll expect you at my house tomorrow to claen up and do my laundry.

You implied I was not a nice person.
    That hardly seems appreciative.

That's why I am here.

I'll try. *snicker* Really. I'll try.