Do you still believe George Bush to be sane ?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Mental illness can afflict anyone from a young disturbed boy .........
    To a President who thinks himself Gods divine rod of vengeance .
    At least that boy is receiving treatment , the Prez is living out his fantasy .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

Yes Bush is insane. But he says it's just "rumors on the internets".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Raven Registered Senior Member

Doesn't one have to have a mind to be out of his mind?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

That BS quote has been discussed in many previous threads and I think it originally was found on some Russian website. It has no credibility whatsoever. It's either an error in translation, or simply a fabrication by Mr Abbas

8. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

BUSHISMS
    Dedicated to all the intelectual suporters of Bush. Congratulation guys, keep it up!!

Our president is probably the only person on earth that managed to fall from a Segway Scooter. (The scooter uses some of the most sophisticated gyroscopes in the world to stay upright, and its makers promise it won't fall over.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Education
    Reading is the basics for all learning.
    announcing his "Reading First" initiative in Reston, Va., March 28, 2000

General Malapropisms
    I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.
    as President, meeting Iraqi amputees at the White House on May 25, 2004

Humor
    I want to thank my friend, Senator Bill Frist, for joining us today. (Applause.) You're doing a heck of a job. You cut your teeth here, right? That's where you started practicing? That's good. He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. (Laughter.) Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me. May 27, 2004

These stories about my intellectual capacity really get under my skin. You know, for a while I even thought my staff believed it. There on my schedule first thing every morning it said, 'Intelligence Briefing.' .. joking at the Radio-TV Correspondents' Dinner, March 29, 2001

Well, you got a pretty face. ... You got a pretty face. You're a good-looking guy. Better looking than my Scott anyway. addressed to Scott Reid, senior strategist to Canadian PM Paul Martin, comparing his physical attributes to those of his own press secretary Scott McClellan. January 16, 2004

Power
    If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator. then President-elect, Joking on CNN, aired December 18, 2000

I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation. in a Washington Post interview with Bob Woodward, November 2002, and in Woodward's book Bush at War

Prayer
    I feel the comfort and the power of knowing that literally millions of Americans I'm never going to meet ... say my name to the Almighty every day and ask him to help me ... My friend, Jiang Zemin in China, has about a billion and a half folks, and I don't think he can say that. And my friend, Vladimir Putin, I like him, but he can't say that. in the Mobile (AL) Register, Feb. 28, 2003

Race Relations
    There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self-govern. I reject that. I reject that strongly. I believe that people who practice the Muslim faith can self-govern. I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily - are a different color than white can self-govern.
    April 30, 2004, Rose Garden Press Conference

Social Security
    They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program. St. Charles, Missouri, Nov. 2, 2000

War on Terror
    The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him. October 13, 2001

I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority. March 13, 2002, Whitehouse.gov

I'm a war president.
    February 13, 2004, Meet the Press
    Nobody wants to be the war president. I want to be the peace president.
    July 20, 2004, campaign speech

For a while we were marching to war. Now we're marching to peace. ... America is a safer place. Four more years and America will be safe and the world will be more peaceful. July 20, 2004, campaign speech

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. August 5, 2004, at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill (H.R. 4613)

Weapons of Mass Destruction
    Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be here somewhere. No, no weapons over there! Maybe under here?
    speaking in jest at a Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner on March 24, 2004. To that date, hundreds of Americans had already died in Iraq in a futile search for the mentioned weapons.

Bush on lessons learned:
    "I learned some good lessons from Vietnam. First, there must be a clear mission. Secondly, the politics ought to stay out of fighting a war. There was too much politics during the Vietnam War."
    Associated Press, March 2002

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  9. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, those are the ones I've always loved, lol.

- N

10. sedoriku Registered Member

And Bush is leading the most powerful country in the world... This is scary!!! He can't even speak proper english and doesn't know about anything in the world... I couldn't believe americans voted him as a president for the second time... But well, Bush has God with him, he can't be a bad man;-) He is leading America with what God tells him...(mmm...more like his counsellors...). Anyway Good Luck America, I don't think a country has ever been hated that much by the rest of the World... and Bush is not helping...

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

ROFL!

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Hehehehe.....

Hidden agenda? Anybody?

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The science of mass destroying ants....
    Mwhuahuahuahuahuahuahua!!!!!

15. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

I never believed bush was sane, in his first election campaign i believe he said "I want to kill all the murderers so that we can be a peacefull nation"

16. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

haha no what else is funny?!

gore thinks he invented the internet!!!!!

yes, i love the way u pointed out things he was joking about.
    thats great.
    what an insane president!
    i mean, who jokes these days?!
    seriously!

17. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Well...how sane can you possibly be when you are the leader of the free world

18. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

He is as sane as anyone who goes into his line of work. Not perfect, but certainly acceptable.

19. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

BUSHISMS
    Dedicated to all the intelectual suporters of Bush. Congratulation guys, keep it up!!

20. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

They say, ..a man is as good as his word!

BUSHISM Part II

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —George W. Bush, to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 motherfucker!

"I speak plainly sometimes, but you've got to be mindful of the consequences of the words. So put that down. I don't know if you'd call that a confession, a regret, something." —George W. Bush, speaking to reporters, Washington, D.C., Jan. 14, 2005

"The best place for the facts to be done is by somebody who's spending time investigating it." —George W. Bush, on the probe into how CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity was leaked, Washington D.C., July 18, 2005

"I was going to say he's a piece of work, but that might not translate too well. Is that all right, if I call you a 'piece of work'?" —George W. Bush to Jean-Claude Juncker, prime minister of Luxembourg, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005

"The relations with, uhh — Europe are important relations, and they've, uhh — because, we do share values. And, they're universal values, they're not American values or, you know — European values, they're universal values. And those values — uhh — being universal, ought to be applied everywhere." —George W. Bush, at a press conference with European Union dignitaries, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005

"You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacks reminded us that we are at war." —George W. Bush, on the Sept. 11 attacks, Washington, D.C., June 8, 2005

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"We discussed the way forward in Iraq, discussed the importance of a democracy in the greater Middle East in order to leave behind a peaceful tomorrow." —George W. Bush, Tbilisi, Georgia, May 10, 2005

"I think younger workers — first of all, younger workers have been promised benefits the government — promises that have been promised, benefits that we can't keep. That's just the way it is." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2005

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."

—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

"We expect the states to show us whether or not we're achieving simple objectives — like literacy, literacy in math, the ability to read and write." —George W. Bush, on federal education requirements, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

"But Iraq has — have got people there that are willing to kill, and they're hard-nosed killers. And we will work with the Iraqis to secure their future." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

..PLEASE Mr. Bush, Don't secure their future!

"Part of the facts is understanding we have a problem, and part of the facts is what you're going to do about it." —George W. Bush, Kirtland, Ohio, April 15, 2005

"I'm going to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoy taking on the issue. I guess, it's the Mother in me." —George W. Bush, Washington D.C., April 14, 2005

"We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make — it would hope — put a free press's mind at ease that you're not being denied information you shouldn't see." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 14, 2005

"If they pre-decease or die early, there's an asset base to be able to pass on to a loved one." —George W. Bush, on Social Security money held in private accounts, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, March 30, 2005

"In terms of timetables, as quickly as possible — whatever that means." —George W. Bush, on his time frame for shoring up Social Security, Washington D.C., March 16, 2005

"I repeat, personal accounts do not permanently fix the solution." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005

"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." —George W. Bush, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005

"If you're a younger person, you ought to be asking members of Congress and the United States Senate and the president what you intend to do about it. If you see a train wreck coming, you ought to be saying, what are you going to do about it, Mr. Congressman, or Madam Congressman?" —George W. Bush, Detroit, Mich., Feb. 8, 2005

"Because the — all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculate, for example, is on the table; whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers, affecting those — changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more likely to be — or closer delivered to what has been promised. Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a series of things that cause the — like, for example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate — the benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed to wage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised benefits grow, if those — if that growth is affected, it will help on the red." —George W. Bush, explaining his plan to save Social Security, Tampa, Fla., Feb. 4, 2005

"I'm also mindful that man should never try to put words in God's mouth. I mean, we should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else to God. We are in no way, shape, or form should a human being, play God." —George W. Bush, ABC's 20/20, Washington D.C., Jan. 14, 2005

"Who could have possibly envisioned an erection — an election in Iraq at this point in history?" —George W. Bush, at the white House, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2005

"It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 21, 2004

"We thought we were protected forever from trade policy or terrorist attacks because oceans protected us." —George W. Bush, speaking to business leaders at APEC Summit, Santiago, Chile, Nov. 20, 2004

"I have a record in office, as well. And all Americans have seen that record. September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget." —George W. Bush, Marlton, New Jersey, Oct. 18, 2004

"After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week — we will have an all-volunteer army!" —George W. Bush, Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004

"I always jest to people, the Oval Office is the kind of place where people stand outside, they're getting ready to come in and tell me what for, and they walk in and get overwhelmed in the atmosphere, and they say, man, you're looking pretty." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 4, 2004 Bush's fantasy world!!

"When a drug comes in from Canada, I wanna make sure it cures ya, not kill ya... I've got an obligation to make sure our government does everything we can to protect you. And one — my worry is that it looks like it's from Canada, and it might be from a third world." —George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"I think it's very important for the American President to mean what he says. That's why I understand that the enemy could misread what I say. That's why I try to be as clearly I can." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004 God! we are now enemies too!

"I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in America, where it's nice and safe and secure." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 Say what?

"Let me put it to you bluntly. In a changing world, we want more people to have control over your own life." —George W. Bush, Annandale, Va, Aug. 9, 2004

"I cut the taxes on everybody. I didn't cut them. The Congress cut them. I asked them to cut them." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear." —George W. Bush, Los Angeles, Calif., March 3, 2004

...sorry I must take abreak and dry my tears!

21. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Well george is as sane as me, you dont get much saner than that do you.

22. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Vinnie, now I know your a construct of some other member as a practical joke. arent you? I meen come on... you are... why else would anyone be so openly crazy and funny at their own expense.

23. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I will have you know i am a professor, i have phds, i am a scholar and a acrobat too, take that back or i will sue you for slander, i am a lawyer too, is there no end to my talents, and no beginning too.