Evolution

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by KalvinB, Nov 29, 2001.

1. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

My complaint about evolution

If you are stimulated by new ideas, and if you can think for yourself rather than simply accept what evolution dishes out, I think you will find this letter of interest. First and foremost, for the nonce, evolution is content to waffle on all the issues. But when you least expect it, it will deface property with racially and sexually derogatory epithets and offensive symbols. Whatever else may be the case, it is certain that evolution floats with the tide of vitriolic frotteurism, especially when driven by the gravitational pull of anarchism. So what's the connection between that and evolution's equivocations? The connection is that its reinterpretations of historic events may have been conceived in idealism, but they quickly degenerated into meretricious immoralism. evolution may be sincere, but it is also sincerely nettlesome. I never cease to be amazed at the way that evolution's premise (that it understands the difference between civilization and savagery) is its morality disguised as pretended neutrality. evolution uses this disguised morality to support its musings, thereby making its argument self-refuting. It is immature and stupid of evolution to obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be totally obvious to all. It would be mature and intelligent, however, to detail the specific steps and objectives needed to thwart its uncontrollable, distasteful schemes, and that's why I say that if you don't think that it's considerations of this sort that make it worth our while to learn about the wretched things it is up to, then you've missed the whole point of this letter.

evolution's subliminal psywar campaigns reek of Marxism. I use the word "reek", because you, of course, now need some hard evidence that evolution's invectives are a blatantly obvious and cleverly orchestrated script, carefully concocted to tinker about with a lot of halfway prescriptions. Well, how about this for evidence: It has stated that it has been robbed of all it does not possess. That's just pure mercantalism. Well, in evolution's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. evolution provides none. Although I can no more change the past than see the future, it's safe to say that there is something grievously wrong with those effete tax cheats who utilize legal, above-ground organizing in combination with illegal, underground tactics to boss others around. Shame on the lot of them! If evolution feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing it, then that's just too darn bad. Its arrogance has brought this upon itself. evolution's tricks serve as a stepping stone to world government. And who will compose that world government? A ruling class consisting of the most brain-damaged hermits you'll ever see.

I'll try not to dwell on this, but I know that I, for one, wish evolution would vanish into the same logistical nothingness that its arguments invariably lead to. You know that. But does evolution know we know that? Fortunately for us, the key to the answer is obvious: evolution truly believes that it should undermine liberty in the name of liberty because "it's the right thing to do". I hope you realize that that's just a snotty pipe dream from a coldhearted pipe, and that in the real world, evolution is incapable of handling an adult emotion or a universal concept without first reducing it to something haughty, infernal, gruesome, and probably politically incorrect. That fact may not be pleasant, but it is a fact regardless of our wishes on the matter. We will have to become much more vigilant to ensure that evolution doesn't acquire public acceptance of its incorrigible catch-phrases. I need your help if I'm ever to recall the ideals of compassion, nonviolence, community, and cooperation. "But I'm only one person," you might protest. "What difference can I make?" The answer is: a lot more than you think. You see, I have one itsy-bitsy problem with evolution's bait-and-switch tactics. Namely, they dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories. And that's saying nothing about how my goal is to raise several issues about its clueless, heartless rejoinders that are frequently missing from the drivel that masquerades for discourse on this topic. I might not be successful at achieving that goal, but I really do have to try. Thus, in summing up, we can establish the following: 1) evolution is the type of organization that can look you right in the eye and, with an expression of the utmost sincerity, tell you any kind of whopper that suits its purpose, and 2) evolution is guilty of a shocking display of dishonesty and sophistry.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. blonde_cupid Registered Senior Member

This writing style seems very familiar. Hmmm... it's all beginning to make sense now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't it be nice ...

... if there was some evidence to back up those assertions? Wow, when I read that topic post about evolution, I see a political rant against an idea presupposed against. Such as this:
    Let me guess ... gravity is an enemy of liberty because we can't fly like Superman?

Although I hope KalvinB feels better.

And if our topic poster has issues with how I've exscinded that statement, I'm happy to hear that complaint.

thanx,
    Tiassa

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This I gotta see ...

KalvinB
    You're on. Lay out the evidence of that, please. This, I gotta see.

thanx,
    Tiassa

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

<i>Whatever else may be the case, it is certain that evolution floats with the tide of vitriolic frotteurism, especially when driven by the gravitational pull of anarchism.</i>

Very rhetorical, but does this mean anything?

<i>I never cease to be amazed at the way that evolution's premise (that it understands the difference between civilization and savagery) is its morality disguised as pretended neutrality.</i>

How much do you know about evolution? Its a scientific theory, and as such has no moral stance. The theory does not touch on "civilisation and savagery".

<i>But does evolution know we know that? Fortunately for us, the key to the answer is obvious: evolution truly believes that it should undermine liberty in the name of liberty because "it's the right thing to do".</i>

You're anthropomorphising a scientific theory. "Evolution" doesn't believe anything.

Anyway, at least you got whatever it was you were trying to say off your chest.

9. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Gravity is an enemy of KalvinB? well you can add that to the existing thousands

You see KalvinB what I dont like about you is that you take almost everything literally. You read the bible and to you everything is exactly that, no sybolism.

I found that christians think homosexuals are immoral because of Sodem and gamora because they were supposedly homosexual.

Thats just one example. Although I know many christians who have nothing against them.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you let your ass do the talking. If it had hands then you'd pull down you pants and let it type for you.

Basically, you can buy the biggest thesaurus in the store, but ultimately, what will impress us is your genuine ideas, that you can back up, rather than detur comments.

And as far as the wrongness of evolution, what are your points. There is scientific evidence. You ask why humans havent changed. A; they have. becoming more fragile, smaller brains because of the availability of knowledge and God knows what else. Hocus pocus wont cut it. To be honest, I didnt even read your original thread. After reading those first paragraph I knew all you had to try to dazzle us was big words with nothing behind them but an ego.

Vitriolic frotterusm, who the hell cares? Ideas is what matters.

Give me in point form your reasons that evolution is wrong. No other words. I promise to pay full attention if you can try.

Lets not go astray to the faults of gravity, or freedom. Just pure evolution.

One last question, will KalvinB ever evolve?

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Elbaz ...

Gotta admit, though, that's a heck of a standard. Throw your daughters out for gang rape so a guy doesn't have to take it up the ... uh, yeah.
    I'm going to side with KalvinB on this one. A) The future is untold. We might be surprised if we are patient enough. B) Asking questions with such obvious answers is one definite way to upset him. Why bother?

He's got a point with his objections to all the fighting going on. It is kind of pointless. Since he's determined to start one, why oblige him? It took nine months for me to get around to asking Tony1 how seriously we're supposed to take him. I can't believe it was that easy, once it was done. I'm not going to wait that long with KalvinB. If he wants the bitching to stop, I'm happy to oblige. The only real question is how long I should wait before affirming that he doesn't want us to take him seriously. It's actually worth it to let him go off on this rant. The lack of any substance and the selfish obsession with perspective is indicative enough of what such faith brings. It might be worth your while (and even moreso mine) to accept that KalvinB doesn't really want to debate with anyone. These boards are a venting point, and that's something I've made liberal use of. In this case, I'm happy to let KalvinB embarrass his fellow Christians. Let him go and just remind from time to time how this compares to your experiences with this cult, and eventually someone will step up from inside the faith and ask the vital questions. For instance, Taken, whose posts are refreshingly different from the last year's trend. I'm sure we'll disagree eventually: it's almost inevitable because of the fundamental differences of perspective. But that seemingly easy sense of empathy she displays is really all I ask of anyone.

Since we seem to tend to view Christianity by its collective result, and that result based on experience, might I so unabashedly recommend to simply sit on this one and let him establish that barrier 'twixt himself and his fellow faithful? On the one hand, it can only serve your broader point, insofar as I might have determined it remotely accurately. To the other, it'll save you the headache of trying to take him seriously.
    I think he's borrowing words from Tony1, whom he seems to admire. Although Tony1 hasn't so liberally abused his thesaurus as this, so make of that what you will.

Use this topic to make you feel better, Elbaz. I haven't laughed so hard in a while as when I read the topic post. But, honestly, sir, don't bother having a point in this topic: the topic itself seems pointless.

thanx,
    Tiassa

11. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Exactly. You got the bullseye

12. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Re: Elbaz ...

*Originally posted by tiassa
    It took nine months for me to get around to asking Tony1

Drugs are a real drag on your ability to get things done, aren't they?

13. blonde_cupid Registered Senior Member

tony1,

As I read your last comment/question to tiassa:

***Drugs are a real drag on your ability to get things done, aren't they?***

I'm thinking that it might be helpful if you could explain a little about your intention and what you hoped to accomplish, if anything.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Its just attempted defiance. Tony1 is just trying to embody a feeling that he is better than tiassa, which he isnt.

15. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by blonde_cupid
    ***Drugs are a real drag on your ability to get things done, aren't they?***

I'm thinking that it might be helpful if you could explain a little about your intention and what you hoped to accomplish, if anything.

While the comment was directed to tiassa, I can explain it to you, too.

tiassa is like a guy wandering around in a maze with his eyes closed.
    He has reached a dead end with his face to the wall, but his feet are still attempting to walk forward.

Drugs are a major reason for that happening.
    At some point, he's got to come to the realization that he can't go any farther, and he needs to turn around.
    Saying, "turn around" ("repent" in religionese) doesn't seem to work, so the next step is to see if he can detect the absence of forward motion, or at least the wall in front of him.

16. Taken Registered Senior Member

Tiassa has yet to cease to exist, or think, or speak...I would summize that tiassa would have to be moving, just not necesarily in the dirrection you would prefer.

It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.

- John Andrew Holmes

17. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Taken
    Tiassa has yet to cease to exist, or think, or speak...I would summize that tiassa would have to be moving, just not necesarily in the dirrection you would prefer.

Well, I admit that tiassa has yet to think or cease to exist, but I'm pretty sure he speaks (just guessing).
    And I do admit to movement on tiassa's part, since I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a mind control card installed in his computer.

However, he is pretty much at a dead end, although he doesn't seem to be aware of it.

18. Taken Registered Senior Member

And you plan to rectify that situation by what means, banging tiassa head against the wall? How Christian of you, REALLY! That is a very "Christian" stance. It isn't the stance Jesus took but then again Jesus wasn't a Christian was he?

19. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

And you plan to rectify that situation by what means, banging tiassa head against the wall?

I can't reach his head from here.
    Besides, he's banging his head against that wall pretty solidly, from what I can see.
    His drug use is hindering his life.

*It isn't the stance Jesus took but then again Jesus wasn't a Christian was he?*

No, he wasn't; he is the Christ, the son of the living God.
    But his stance was...

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
    (Luke 13:3, KJV).

Oddly enough, that is mine, too.
    If tiassa doesn't repent, he will likewise perish.

20. Taken Registered Senior Member

Jesus did far more than say "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. "
    Jesus died for Tiassa. Would you die for tiassa?
    I hope that was my faith ever pushed to that extreame that I would have the courage of Stephen, but I can not lie to you, I am not sure under the same circumstances I would be so strong, I only pray that I might.

21. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Jesus did far more than say "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. "

Yes, he gave us a way to do it.

*Jesus died for Tiassa. Would you die for tiassa?*

Who am I to die for someone?
    That's why Jesus died for us, so we, including tiassa, wouldn't have to.

*I hope that was my faith ever pushed to that extreame that I would have the courage of Stephen, but I can not lie to you, I am not sure under the same circumstances I would be so strong, I only pray that I might. *

I'm not sure Stephen died knowing that Paul was going to be saved as a result.
    I think he died knowing that things were going to turn out OK in the end.

22. Cainxinth Registered Senior Member

i just read you letter KalvinB, and let me just say that it was one of the most poorly written pieces of garbage ive ever read. Is your thesaurus locked on automatic? do you even understand what you've said? i'm not certain that’s even possible, given the fact that all you’ve done is stretched three or four insipid points so far out of proportion they have mutated into a masterpiece of melodrama, bulls***, and propaganda, topped off with just the right amount of outright absurdity.

p.s. ive taken the liberty of forwarding your letter to Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who I hear are very interested in meeting you and televising your groundbreaking condemnation of the theory of evolution on the 700 club. im sure you'll be hearing from them shortly.

23. blonde_cupid Registered Senior Member

tony1,

***tiassa is like a guy wandering around in a maze with his eyes closed.
    He has reached a dead end with his face to the wall, but his feet are still attempting to walk forward.

Drugs are a major reason for that happening.
    At some point, he's got to come to the realization that he can't go any farther, and he needs to turn around.
    Saying, "turn around" ("repent" in religionese) doesn't seem to work, so the next step is to see if he can detect the absence of forward motion, or at least the wall in front of him.***

O.K. Thanks. That shed some more light on your perspective.

I am wondering, though, since you say you can't reach tiassa's head from "here" - what is your vantage point?

Do you see yourself as being above the maze, looking down on tiassa?

Do you see yourself in the maze, standing next to tiassa?

Some other vantage point?