prove to me that god is real

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by dansufc, Apr 9, 2005.

1. dansufc Registered Member

any religion i dont care which just prove to me that your god is real! thanks in advance

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why? It wouldn't make you believe in god anyway, right?

A belief is not something that one needs to prove to others in order to believe it. The belief is enough for many ...no proof is necessary. That's the basic principle of religious "belief". If you ain't got it, you ain't likely to find it in some silly "proof".

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dansufc Registered Member

i still want prove that he/she/it is really

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Prove? How? Even if he exists, it wouldn't be possible to prove it. There are lots of things that exist, people believe in them, but they can't be proven.

8. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

kill yourself,then you will know for sure.

9. Food Ninja Registered Member

I am God. I am real.

I have spoken.

10. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

dansufc

Please give us the criteria for what you would consider 'proof'. Without this, the request is indeed useless.

11. water the sea Registered Senior Member

SouthStar,

Yes! Exactly.

Without first deciding what the criteria for what one would consider 'proof', the request is indeed useless.

12. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

proof: show something that I, nor anyone else, can refute with more certainty than what you have shown.
    i.e. show a tangible piece of evidence that anyone can reproduce, if they so choose, that can prove the existence of a god beyond a reasonable doubt.

if god(s) really wanted people to believe in him/her/it/them then that evidence would exist.

13. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

why, it's woould be quite easy.

The existence of a thing can be conclusively proved by producing one single instance of the thing.

To put that another way: -
    When the existence of a thing is denied, This can be proven wrong by producing one single instance of the thing said not to exist

The non-existence of a thing can never be conclusively proved because there is always the theoretical assumption that the thing exists but has not been seen yet or it exists in a place that can not be visited. Unless all places in the universe have been visited and are being constantly observed, we can not be absolutely certain.

From this we can say that there are only two possible statements we can make about the existence of a thing:

The thing exists.

It is unknown if the thing exists or not.

It is not possible to prove that a thing "does not exist" without further qualifying criteria.

If a thing does NOT exist it can not leave any evidence of it's non-existence. Only things that DO exist can leave evidence. From this we can derive that conclusive proof can only come from the person that claims that a thing exists. It is nonsensical to demand proof of non-existence.
    like what.

14. Yorda Registered Senior Member

it's just that god wants people to believe in him by their own free will, so he leaves not much evidence... except some religious scripts

like if you love someone, you can't prove it

15. Mr Spank Registered Member

dansufc does have a very good point.

has anyone got any proof then that he does actually exist?

16. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

why is god always refered to as he?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Keep questioning, you may figure it out someday.

18. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Maybe because the English language is limited to either he or she. In my language there is no he or she word, but when I write in English, I have to use he because it's the most commonly used.

First I didn't believe or disbelieve (unconsciousness), then I disbelieved (outer consciousness), then I believed (inner consciousness), and then I didn't believe or disbelieve (conscious unconsciousness).

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(1) "As real as anything else."

• Humans invent gods
    • Therefore, gods are ideas
    • Ideas exist and have measurable value in the form of brain impulses
    • Therefore gods exist​

(2) "God the Abstraction, Slayer of Paradox?"

• The word "God", in various aspects, can represent an abstract state that means all there is.
    • Viewing the totality of the existence is paradoxical
    • This paradox is represented in the word "God" according to a monotheistic assertion
    • This paradox is an idea central to human questions that defy answers, e.g.:
    (What is the purpose of life?)
    (What is reality?)
    (What is death?)
    --&c.​
    • Ideas exist and have measurable value in the form of brain impulses
    • Therefore gods exist
    • Furthermore, as the idea of "God" is a tool humans use to consider the "all there is", and thereby disarm the paradox, it can be said that,
    • Gods exist and have function.​

20. machaon Registered Senior Member

Prove that god is real? Read the bible. I mean what more proof could you possibly want? And if that is not good enough, there is no shortage of red-faced firebrand evangelist willing to explain it to you. Not only will they prove to you that god exist, they will let you know what it is god wants you to do. And I would warn against being critical of this new information. To do so will surely result in an eternity of unimaginable agony. So be sure aquire this proof with great caution.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

First I didn't believe or disbelieve (unconsciousness), then I disbelieved (outer consciousness), then I believed (inner consciousness), and then I didn't believe or disbelieve (conscious unconsciousness).

I believe you, maybe.

22. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

god is just an idea.
    a bogey man to scare simpleminded morrons into submission and obedience,
    and exploit them financialy.

23. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

how about something you can actualy see,touch,feel,measure,talk to...

bible is just a book writen by some ancient tribe of goat herders who made up all those silly Creation stories,
    which btw completely contradict the reality of earths fossil record,scientific discoveries and all our knowledge of age of the universe,earth and how things work,buybull is just that ..a fictious fantasy,
    and its sad anyone today in the year of 2005 would still believe it
    and number one on their list is;
    Open your wallet!
    www.objectivethought.com/atheism/carlin.html
    Pascals wager again,huh?
    it wont work for the simple reason that
    people dont live for eternity b/c SOUL DOESNT EXIST!