which god the OT or the NT

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by audible, Apr 3, 2005.

1. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

Yahweh vs The Heavenly Father( jesus's dad)

The more I compared the Old Testament with the New Testament the more I saw a very striking difference between the personalities of Yahweh, The God of the Old Testament and The Heavenly Father of the New Testament the real Father of Jesus.

so lets point out some of the differences.

Exodus 20,5:Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    6: And shewing mercy unto of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Now if I understand the English language.
    Yahweh, the God of Israel, claims to be a jealous God. In this verse He punishes those who hate Him to the 3rd and 4th generation. But His love is extended to only the thousands that loved Him. This can only mean that His hatred and punishment is three or four times greater than His love.

Yahweh here claims to be jealous, this is confirmed in eight places in the Bible.
    In fact He is so jealous that in Exodus 34:14 we read, For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Question: Is jealousy and hatred an attribute of Jesus or the Heavenly Father?

Exodus 11,1:The LORD said to Moses, "Yet one plague more I will bring upon Pharaoh and upon Egypt; afterwards he will let you go hence; when he lets you go, he will drive you away completely.
    2: Speak now in the hearing of the people, that they ask, every man of his neighbor and every woman of her neighbor, jewelry of silver and of gold."
    3: And the LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover, the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants and in the sight of the people.

Here we find that Yahweh had the Israelites steal silver, gold and clothing from the Egyptians under the pretense of borrowing it.
    Yahweh had the Israelites lie and steal breaking two of the Ten Commandments.

Question: Does Jesus or his Heavenly Father encourage us to lie and steal?

1 Kings 22,22:And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
    23: Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Here we learn that Yahweh put a lying spirit into the mouths of His prophets. This caused them to lie. We read " The lying spirit from Yahweh came onto the prophets".

What happened to " Thou shalt not bear false witness"? Yet... Yahweh forced them to lie.

Yahweh himself is such a regular LIAR that Jeremiah finally confronts him and asks..."Will you ALWAYS be to me a LIAR?" (Jer. 15,18:Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed? wilt thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail?)

1 Samuel 16,14: Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him. and 1 Samuel 19,9:And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his javelin in his hand: and David played with his hand.

What motivated king Saul to try to kill David? An evil spirit from Yahweh entered him.

Question: do you think that our Heavenly Father would do such a thing?

Isaiah 6,9:And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    10: Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
    11: Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
    12: And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
    13: But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

Here we learn that Yahweh called this prophet and commissioned him to deceive His people so He could punish them.

Question: Do you think for a moment that Jesus or the Heavenly Father would call a preacher for the sole purpose to confuse people, cause them to sin so he could punish them?

This is what Yahweh did to His prophet Isaiah.

Yahweh himself is a DECEIVER! (Jer. 4,10:Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.)

It is Yahweh who creates all EVIL!

(EX. 32,14:And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. ) (1 Sam. 15,35:And Samuel did not see Saul again until the day of his death, but Samuel grieved over Saul. And the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.)

Isaiah 45,7: I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the LORD, who do all these things.

Yahweh here claims to be the creator of both good and evil.

Question: if Yahweh created evil, Then why do we blame the Devil?

Jesus once said, "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. " Matt. 7,18.

Which one of these trees would represent Yahweh, who said, He created both good and evil?
    Can He be both a good tree and an evil tree?

Jesus said, "No", that a tree is either good or evil.

so would you say the god of the Old Testament, the one who gave us the ten commandments( two versions that is ) is the same so called Heavenly Father, the Father of jesus from the New Testament?.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Yeah, it's the same God in both of them. But 6666 years ago, God had to be different, because people were different back then, and he was jealous (symbolically), that's what the wise people told us. But old things pass away, then comes the new, forget the past, it's gone. God has become different now (you could say so) God is really a perfect God isn't he?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Every act in its right place and time is a good action. Even jealousy, lies and anger are good.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

how can you talk about something that has no proof or even logical reason as if it were a real and proven thing?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Hard to understand, isn't it? I didn't understand it a while ago either. "God" is our higher self, the unconscious part of ourselves. God is a real thing for those who understand it. It's a bit hard to explain what it is, because it's "everything".

Don't you think there is anything behind this? Do you know why you exist? I'm not talking about "earthly reasons".

You drop your glass on the floor... what's the cause? Is the cause really your hand? Mind is the cause, and mind is "God". Is the cause in the past? Isn't it present, if the effect is present too? Maybe it fell because of your imperfection. You had to learn. There are many reasons for that, and infact, our higher self punishes us for our mistakes, and he does not forget!

I wonder... is the face under that mask your real face. Take it off! Show me the real face under that mask, and you'll see God.

8. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

It seems the Christian god suffers from trinitarian multiple personality disorder.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. mis-t-highs I'm filling up Registered Senior Member

wtf, gone all religious all of a sudden, they are one and the same.
    theres evil in the nt too.
    jesus lied: And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22
    Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8
    what has anybody ever got though prayer, nothing oh sorry perhaps peace of mind, but nothing rigid.

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. matt 5:17,Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
    Cities that neither "receive" the disciples nor "hear" their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. And you know what God supposedly did to those poor folks matt 10:14, And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
    15, Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
    the whole damn bibles is corrupt.

10. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

yorda: thank you for your possitive answer, however do you think it's a good answer.
    killing everybody, but a chosen few is not a good thing, whatever way you look at it.

cato: spoken like a true atheist, well said.

stretched: then who are the xians worshiping.

misty: simple answer no, just looking for clues.

11. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Audible, I'm glad to see that you're reading the Bible.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you think it was wrong for "God" to kill the 300000 humans in the tsunami a while ago? God didn't send the tsunami to kill people, that's just a natural thing, as all other things in the Bible. If an earthquake kills people, there's nothing bad about the earthquake, that's just a necessary law of nature.

The breeze is so nice. The north wind is blowing. I'll go out in the sun.

See you in heaven.

12. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

yorda: I'm only talking about the bible, the great flood caused by the god of the Old Testament, the plagues sent by it to egypt, etc. killing is never the right thing to do, the only exception would be to protect yours or others children, and self defence.
    nobody has the right to kill not even a god.
    I wont be in heaven, even if it turns out there is a god.
    I'd rather be in hell, much nicer down there.

13. Yorda Registered Senior Member

What about natural disasters then, are they not allowed to kill? They can't help, if they must kill. That's what the great flood and the 10 plagues were, natural things, everything is. Still you can say that God is behind them, but in this case you should see God as a force, not as a "person". God is not a person. Even if he is born as a person, he has all personalities, so he doesn't have a personality really.