Dreams in Bible

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

There are many examples about God/angels communicated with humans in Dream.

You see, I even do not believe the dreams I made myself, so, how can I convince myself to believe other people's dream?

Believing the Dreams in Bible is Illogical at all, right?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Silvertusk Registered Senior Member

Very true but that is probably because most dreams tend to be disjointed and just plain bizzare. These dreams were probably vivid and clear. Of course this is just a guess.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

hallucinations are vivid and clear, silvertusk. are we to hold the all dreams/halluoinations are true/real.
    they are just an illusion, and you are deluding yourself if you believe otherwise.
    it is and was just a dream/hallucination/unreal.
    into the land of make believe/twilight zone/outer limits.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Silvertusk Registered Senior Member

Agreed. Well apart from the bit about deluding myself. But like I said - I was only guessing. Unless I actually experience something like that myself I wouldn't really know. I myself certainly know the pattern my dreams take, and know the difference between dreamlike and real, either during the dream itself or when I wake up. This is why I do not have nightmares anymore because I realise them for what they are when they happen. (Don't ask me how as it is quite difficult to explain). But my point is I would hope I would be able to tell the difference - and maybe this was the case. If it did happen to me and it was vivid and clear and when I woke up it was more like a memory than a dream then I would certainly ponder it more carefully. The fact that I don't take any medication or have anything wrong with me physically and mentally (touch wood!!!!) would certainly be factors to consider in my ponderings.

But the thing here is everything can be explained away by hallucinations and because of that word, no one would consider the possibility that it might be something else.

8. Yorda Registered Senior Member

You're deluding yourself even more when you believe all "physical" things are real.

9. pavlosmarcos It's all greek to me Registered Senior Member

been watching to much fantasy tv, pray tell, what physical thing is'nt real.

10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

MORPHEUS: "What is real? How do you define real? If you are talking about your senses, what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

---

MORPHEUS: "I imagine that you know something about virtual reality."

NEO: "A little."

MORPHEUS: "Tell me about it."

NEO: "Essentially, it's a hardware system that uses an apparatus; headgear, gloves and whatever to make you feel that you are in a computer program."

MORPHEUS: "If the virtual reality apparatus, as you called it, was wired to all of your senses and controlled them completely, would you be able to tell the difference between the virtual world and the real world?"

NEO: "You might not. No."

---

SPOON BOY, bending a spoon: "Your spoon does not bend because it is just that, a spoon. Mine bends because there really is no spoon, just my mind. Link yourself to the spoon. Become the spoon and bend yourself."

11. pavlosmarcos It's all greek to me Registered Senior Member

as I said yorda, watching to much fantasy, the matrix is a fantasy film, Neo was played by an actor call Keanu Reeves and Morpheus by an actor call Lawrence Fishburn, it's not real.
    however I would still like an answer, what physical thing is'nt real.

12. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Only because it's a movie, everything about it must be wrong? No truth? I can find truth even in stupidity and lies. The actors are real people, the philosophy in the movie is real too.

I just don't believe in the existence of physical things. Everything is spiritual. What we see is not apart from us, it's in our mind - your mind. You think I'm not you, but I am... I am an unconscious aspect of yourself. You're not yet conscious of me in yourself, that's why you think I'm somehow external... This means that you're actually talking to yourself, when you're talking to "me"...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  13. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

the real is not real, the not real is real. nothing exists but the illusion of existence. everything else is hallucination constructed by imagination to keep itself from escaping.