Terri Schiavo

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by KennyJC, Mar 31, 2005.

1. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

What are peoples opinions on the death of Terri Schiavo? I post this in the religion part of the forum as sadly, to most people this seems a religious topic more than a medical or political one.

I think the right thing was done in letting her die, being a vegetable plugged into a machine for 15 years which religious groups would've had her live the rest of her life plugged into. All the while not being aware of anything around her.

Before you comment, try to imagine yourself in her state, and having people decide that you should be forced to live in such a way.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Perfect Masturbation without hands Registered Senior Member

That’s the thrill; she can’t imagine herself in any state.

It’s all the same to her, she's playing the part of a puppet. She's playing a puppet which people use to glorify and spread their ideologies and views.

Fuck her, it’s not about her.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

I feel it was the right thing to let her pass away, but not to starve her to death,(think about it, she may not have had a good quailty of life, but she certainly did not deserve that) we are more human to our animals then we are to humans, why could we not just put her to sleep. and dont tell me it's not morally or ethically correct, think about how you would tell her if she was coherent, tell her why you were starving her to death.

R.I.P. Terri Schiavo.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TheHeretic Registered Senior Member

The controversy blooms from the fact that we humans think that life is some special gift. Life is everywhere around us things die everyday, one insignificant death really doesnt matter. We slaughter innocent animals everyday that have more consciousness than her.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There was a certain poetic justice to it, since she was in that state as a result of bulimia.

9. the thinker Registered Member

I didn't like at all the fact Michael Schiavo ordered Terri's family out because she was to die. In fact I think maybe they were ordered out because a last injection may have been administered to kill her, my feelings on that. Her brother was very angry and was taken out by a policeman.

I think its a great wrong for her husband to do a cremation of her. Her mother and father want Terri to have a Catholic Funeral. Terri is a Catholic and it is against her religion to be cremated.

10. staples disconnected Registered Senior Member

Why waste even more ground than has been already. The only way to go is to be cremated, anything else is selfish to the extreme.

As for Terri Schiavo, she died 15 years ago.

11. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

For Terri's family to keep her alive even this long was stupid. It was a waste of money. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for her to recover. She was a vegatable. It was simply the fact that her family was too selfish to let her die. I agree with staples disconnected, she was dead 15 years old.

12. pavlosmarcos It's all greek to me Registered Senior Member

I have to agree, even if it may be poetic justice, no one should be starved to death, it's about time we got off our high horses, and took to being more humane to humans.

13. Revlos Registered Member

How is it poetic justice? Because she was bulimic?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

I find it hilariously ironic that she was in a vegetative state because she was bulimic, and she eventually died by starving to death.