End-Time Prophecy?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by battig1370, Mar 21, 2005.

1. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

End-Time Prophecy?

There is a lot of talk within certain religious organizations about things yet to be.

Most people have come across some kind of prophecy message from magazines, bible, Nostradamus's writings and etc.

What are you feelings about the End-Time Prophecy?

Peace be with you, Paul

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alter Ego Banned Banned

When time ends for me, I just put another quarter in the box.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

You know, no bible or script, as far as I know, has DIRECTLY foretold the future.

Nosturdamus even had his flaws, but of a a lot of his writings are amazing.

The bible tells about the past.... the stuff in the bible or any other religion scripture is all about the PAST.

When is some real day script going to happen?, clearly the world needs something closer than a 2nd virgin Mary, or Buddha, or what any other religion there may be.

Science has evolved so much in the years of our time....

If some AMAZNG You know, no bible or script, as far as I know, has DIRECTLY foretold the future.

Nosturdamus even has his flaws, but of a a lot of his writings are amazing.

The bible tells about the past.... the stuff in the bible or any other religion scripture is all about the PAST.

When is some real day going to happen?, clearly the world needs some closer from a 2nd virgin Mary, or Buddha, or what any other religion there may be.

IF SOME AMAZING MERICAL HAPPENS..... AND I MEAN A WORLD WIDE MERICAL, i WILL START TO BELIVE.... BUT ALAS ALL OUR CURRENT WORLD IS CONCERNED ABOUT IS WAR....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

The 'end of time' thang is a patriarchal idea.
    You see, they run from the Goddess insight of CYCLIC time, which Is NAture, and then invent the idea that time will come to an end, and 'good' and 'light' will prevail ov over 'bad' and 'darkness'

The real danger of this belief is that their ACTIONS mimic their beliefs. in that they will see fit to use extremely destructive weaponry, etc because they believe the end of times isa comin, and they are THE good guys who are going to see us through

For example, many New Age belief is also part of this trip, where they believe radioactivity is good and only the 'saved' will be able to withstand its effects......in the 'end days'!

8. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Most of the Bible is prophesy. The only debate is how much has been forfilled and how much is yet to be forfilled?

Not all bible prophesy has been forfilled. You asked for views? Do you want general views or specific views?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

9. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Adstar: > Do you want general views or specific views?

battig1370: > let narrow the subject to the "return of the Messiah".

Some people believe and others don't of such an event.

For those that believe in the return of the Messiah, for what purpose and for who?

For those that don't believe in such prophesy, why do you not believe in the return of the Messiah, and why is there no need for the return of the Messiah?

(Messiah: > liberator/savior of an oppressed people or country or world).

Peace be with you, Paul

10. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

I have a Jehovah's Witness pamphlet which talks about the decadence of the United States, burgeoning war and worldwide destabilisation, which lead on to the idea that this is the End of Days predicted by the Bible.

It always strikes me that this kind of millenarianism is rather blinkered when looking at our own times, particularly in contrast with past times when, frankly, there has already been far far worse just in the last century (to say nothing of previous centuries).

As far as Jesus and his early followers are concerned, the "End of the World" as they knew it meant the end of the Roman Empire. Well, in terms of Rome as the centre of the world, that was gone by the 6th Century CE. Empires have come and gone in the time since then, and major upheavals including pandemics such as the Black Death and the 1918 Flu (which killed more people than the First World War which had just preceded it).

11. Adstar Valued Senior Member

The Messiah will return to bring about the forfillment of the promise that God gave to Abraham when He promised him that His descendants would live in a promised kingdom.

He shall return and deliver a remnant of the descendants of Abraham from destruction and they will form the population that will live in peace and prosperity for 1000 years in that promised Kingdom. The extent of that kingdom is defined in Genisus:15 18-20.

All Praise the Ancient of Days

12. ghost7584 Registered Senior Member

Next Prophecy to be fulfilled:

Ezekiel chapters 38,39 - A group of large armies from Russia, Iran, Iraq, Germany or France, Ethiopia, and Libya will unite to attack Israel. God will turn these armies against each other, and it will rain fire on them, and they will fall on the mountains of Israel. [Note: Since Israel is a nuclear power, having over 200 hydrogen bombs, this rain of fire from heaven could involve Israel's nuclear missiles.] The situation in the middle East is going to get worse until this prophecy comes true.
    But that is not Armageddon:
    After the Ezekiel prophecy, Israel will be respected world wide. The future World dictator, the Antichrist will come to power. [Bible scholars in the past believed it would be the last pope.]
    Ten nations from the European Union are going to give their military and political power to the Antichrist. He is going to make a seven year treaty with Israel. This will start the final seven years of the end of the world and the countdown to Armageddon.
    The Antichrist is then going to try to conquer the world militarily. Probably starting off with nuclear war, aimed mostly against the Muslim nations of the Middle East. This will go on for about a year. The devastations of Nuclear War will follow: - famine, radiation sickness, forests burned up, many dead. Then natural disasters, as punishment on men for their sins will happen. A meteorite or astoroid falling into the sea, plague, poison water, and one third of all men killed. Earthquakes, Large hail stones. Three and a half years before the end, the European forces under control of the Antichrist are going to march into Israel and take it over. Another inquisition will start. Jews and real Christians are going to be killed. Most of the Jews will escape to Petra and surroundings. The final punishments of natural disasters from God, worse than the first, will happen. Sores, plague, darkness [possibly from dust or smoke blocking the sun] men scorched with great heat, great earthquake, etc.
    The armies of the East are going to march westward to fight with the European armies, and they will meet in a place in Israel called Armageddon. [The plains of Megiddo]
    Now comes Biblical Armageddon right at the end.
    The Lord Jesus is going to return with an army of angels piloting UFOs, and a UFO invasion is going to happen. The real born again Christians are going to be levitated up into the air to meet Jesus and this UFO invasion, along with the dead bodies of saints that will rise out of the graves. These armies gathered at Armageddon are going to be destroyed.- That destruction is biblical Armageddon. UFOs are going to abduct people that practice sin, people that heard about Jesus and never accepted Him as Saviour, and these sinners are going to thrown into the fire or hell. They'll suffer forever.
    The real Christians are going to rule and reign with Christ on the Earth for a thousand years of peace, in which Satan will be bound and he can't tempt anyone.
    Sir Isaac Newton, the genius and founder of Physics, was also a Christian believer and a Bible scholar. He predicted Armageddon in the year 2060.
    I don't know if that is even close to being right, but it looks like it could be close to being right. The population of Earth is projected to be almost double what it is now, by that time, and that kind of overpopulation has got to cause serious trouble.
    I am a bible scholar, and I have been through the whole bible many times, listening to it being read on tape. That is how I see it right now.

Details of the next prophecy to be fulfilled Ezek. chapters 38, 39

These are the names given in the prophecy:

Ezekiel 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Ezekiel 38:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts [of armour, even] a great company [with] bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Ezekiel 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: [and] many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land [that is] brought back from the sword, [and is] gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Ezekiel 38:9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Gog is russian leader magog is Russia. Meshech is a root word for Moscow. It will be the Russsian leader in the position that Vladmir Putin is now in.
    The biblical persia is Iran and Iraq together. Gomer represents Germany or France.
    It says this is to happen in the latter years, which is the time close to the end. Now can be considered the latter years, because Israel is a nation again.
    Ezekiel 38:13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?
    Sheba and Dedan, which are Jordan and Saudi Arabia, are going to question this army when they come toward Israel.

Those names are names of people mentioned in the geneology in the bible. The lands where they lived are named after them, that is how bible scholars know what lands are being referred to . The old persian kingdom was on the land of Iran and Iraq together. Verse 38:7, shows that Russia is going to be like a guard to the armies of all of those smaller nations.

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

The end times occur every day near midnight. Time starts again at 00:00 the very next day.

14. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Gog and Magog are mentioned in the OT prophesy and the NT book of revelations. They are the same Gog and Magog.

Both propheys mention their defeat.

Both prophesys are the same prophesy

The Gog Magog war happens at the end of the 1000 year reaign of the Messiah over 1000 years after the battle of armageddon.

Note who is with Gog and Magog:
    Ezekiel 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

why no Egypt?? Why no Syria?? why no sinar? why because at the time these nations will no longer exist. Note the borders of the lands that will be the promised land defined in Genisus:15 18-20.

Genisis 15
    18 On the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying: "To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates -- 19 "the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, 20 "the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21 "the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites."

All these lands will be within the kingdom at the time of the final satanic rebellion.

15. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

To Adstar and ghost7584,

Do you actually believe what you have posted?

Here is another version, true or false?

Michel Nostradamus (1503-1566) a French physician and astrologer who wrote over 900 predictions concerning the fate of the world. Written in four-lined rhyming quatrains, they were to be become famous for their astonishing accuracy. Note: A quatrain circulating around and attributed to Nostradamus: "The village idiot" etc. is a hoax, and it was not written by Nostradamus.

That being said, the devil does hide the truth behind a lie, and the Antichrist's most important identifying trait is his ability to deceive. What better deception than to play the idiot? Hitler was ridiculed and compared to Charlie Chaplain, but the world soon discovered he was anything but a joke. bush openly remarks that his greatest advantage lies in the fact that people tend to underestimate him, and indeed the devil's most powerful weapon lies in the fact that we often underestimate his great cunning. Understand, I'm not denying that Bush is basically a complete idiot - however the principalities and powers commanding and guiding his actions are not stupid. .

Nostradamus outlined three distinctly different and progressively worse Antichrist figures, the last one being the bloodiest of all. The first two Antichrists have already come and gone: Napoleon and Hitler. So we are really only waiting for the final Antichrist.

Peace be with you, Paul

16. Silvertusk Registered Senior Member

Personally I believe that we have another 10,000,000,000 years before the sun expands and snuffs out all life on this planet before itself goes nova. God has given us a vast universe to explore and marvel at. I would think he would give us enough time to actually do that.

17. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Silvertusk: > "I would think he would give us enough time to actually do that."

Battig1370: > Do you think that God would intervene, if the kings of this world and their armies are going to annihilate all of mankind on this planet?

Peace be with you, Paul

18. Silvertusk Registered Senior Member

Maybe. I just think he has plans for us that last longer than just a couple of thousand years.

19. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Battig1370: > Do you want God to intervene, if the kings of this world and their armies are going to annihilate all of mankind on this planet?

Peace be with you, Paul

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is a sense in which the biblical prophecies are self-fufilling- George Bush as the pseudo-Christian anti-Christ bringing civilization to an end in the pursuit of freedom on Earth.

But, even if that doesn't happen, I can't imagine another 1000 years of industrialized culture, or even 100 years. Things are heading to some sort of climactic event, but it probably won't be the second coming that the Christians desire.

21. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

spidergoat: > "but it probably won't be the second coming that the Christians desire."

battig1370: > I agree

The AntiChrist who is the son of perdition and the man of sin, who is also a Deceiver, would say, "Freedom will bring about Peace; Freedom leads to Peace; Freedom is the basis for Peace". But the 'Man of Peace' says, "Freedom cannot bring about Peace, but it is only with Love and The Word of God that Peace can be established, and there is no other way because where ever Freedom Reigns, Hell Reigns there also! And All the religions, All the money, All the Knowledge’s, and All the freedom in the world cannot bring about Peace without LOVE and The Word of God. Only when LOVE REIGNS first will there be PEACE and FREEDOM. Love must come first, so that the suffering can be stopped. The LOVE that I'm writing about is having Love for the Lord, having love for the neighbor, and having reverence for the creation . Only when the people of LOVE rule the nations with The Word of God, will there be PEACE and FREEDOM. Freedom will bring about total annihilation, but let LOVE REIGN in the world, so that day of total annihilation will not come. Jesus said, "except those days should be shortened, there should NO FLESH be saved: but for the Elect's sake those days shall be shortened." - (Matt.24:22)

The VIOLENT CHRISTIAN HISTORY with it's conflicts and divisions is abomination that has betrayed and crucified Jesus millions upon millions of times over. The examples of this violence against THE WORD OF GOD are to numerous and to horrific to list, such as (the reformation and "----------" ). One example of many is; Christian Germany torturing and killing approx. 6,000,000 people who were mostly Jewish. Why!? Where is the Love of Jesus which is also from the Father? Jesus said, "The King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me." AND NOW!; what are the Christian World Leaders doing? G. W. Bush is the most powerful king on the earth right now and he knows it. I have heard that Pres. George W. Bush and his people want to bring FREEDOM to the world for the establishment of PEACE by using the FORCE of VIOLENCE; WAR! Is this most powerful king 'the ONE' that would rather have all of humanity annihilated than surrender to The Word of God? I pray to my Lord God Almighty that kings, great and small, would willingly surrender to The Word of God for Peace on Earth. What does the Holy Spirit tell you? Are they worshiping a false Jesus, a false Christ? What kind of Jesus do these Christians worship and believe in anyway; do you know? Is it possible, that most all of the Christians in the world have been worshiping a false Jesus, a false Christ, an imposter, who is the Beast? Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My Kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, --- But now My kingdom is not from here." - (John 18:36 ) The disciples of Jesus do not fight, because they are obedient to the commandments of the Lord. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - (John 13:34) "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say unto you, "Love your enemies, ---" - ( Matt.5:43-48 )

Peace be with you, Paul

22. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I believe in Biblical prophesy 100%. But the interpretation of that prophesy that i have?? not so.

Good old Nostradamus hey lol that brings back memories for me. Before i became a Christian. I was a prophesy nut then also

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The thing with the quatrains of Nostradamus is that he put them down in such a well descized way that they can be interpreted in many different ways, making them useless even if they where all true. I rely on the prophesies of the bible not on a man who's source was suspect and rightings confused.

Non of them where idiots. All of them where portrayed as idiots by their enamies. That’s what propaganda ministries are for. The English posted cartoons of Napoleon as a comic baboon and the comparisons made between Hitler and chaplain served the same purpose. It looks like you have bought into the portrayal that George bush is some kind of village idiot from texas. Don't be deceived. George bush is a very cunning man he plays his role to perfection and he knows the mindset of the bulk of his people and reflects it back to them. You think he makes those talking blunders by accident??? No mate. He is a very smart cookie surrounded by very smart cookies who know what image to project to disarm the concerns of the populace. The american people where burnt bad by richard nixon and they do not trust smart men in the white house. So they vote for someone who seems harmless enough, Someone who is a "regular guy" , just like them, Nice and simple who is not smart enough to pull a cunning stunt like richard nixion did on them, Someone like Bush. LOL

There is only one anti-christ but satan has many servants in high places on earth. Don't get them mixed up. when the anti-christ comes he will claim to be God i believe he will claim to be the returned Messiah and millions will believe it.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

23. Adstar Valued Senior Member

There will not be another 1000 years of industrialized culture. that will come to an end after the battle of Armageddon.

Revelation 11:18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."