Woman leads US Muslims to prayer

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

A little while back we used to have this guy called Vienna on here and he was always so paranoid that England was somehow being taken over by Islam(or some such stuff). Anyway, back then I said it will be the Muslims that change their culture – it will certainly not be the English changing to Islamic! In a 1000 years from now, there probably won’t even be an Islam [at least as we would recognize it today (nor a Xianity for that matter)]

That’s assuming there are any significant numbers of religionists around in a 1000 years time to begin with, I for one highly doubt it..

Here’s a first and a also nice start: Woman leads US Muslims to prayer
    I say: Let the interpreting begin!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Female imams
    Firstly it is interesting to note that Islam has been in China for how many millennia? And only 20 million adherents on the far Western fringe? Huh? I wonder why so few?

Regardless, this is again, another excellent example of what I am getting at.

Which is going to change: the Chinese with their 9000 year old history and culture or the relatively new religion Islam with it’s inherently Arabic culture? Obviously Islam, as is evident in the BBC piece I quoted from.

Just imagine what the next 1000 years have in store!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.