Salvia Side Effects

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Closet Philosopher, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

During the holidays that I had, I went to Toronto to meet up with some buddies. I've dome some experimentation with drugs and I was given Salvia Divinorum by a friend which was said to be "like acid but legal". This sounded too good to be true. How can an acid-like drug be legal? I was told that a hit only lasted 30 minutes to an hour. I decided to give it a try. I smoked a bowl of 15x extract. It was good! It was like a shroom trip but better. I want to do this again on a weekend but I want to know the side effects of repeated use. I felt fine after using it. Most drugs that I've tried make me feel like shit after. One of my friends also screwed up while synthesizing 2C-B. It's funny that the only reason why I'm good at chemistry is because one fo our teachers at my old school paid us to make Chrystal meth for him given that he provided us with the equipment. Anyway, my point is that I'm familiar with drugs even tough I don't do them regularly. I felt fine after taking Salvia Divinorum. You can even buy it for low prices online. http://www.salviasupply.com/store/salvia-extract.html

Is this too good to be true? There must be side Effects!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

15x is very, very strong. Short term side effects include loss of conscious awareness while getting up and stumbling around (involuntarily), and terror. Long term side effects are unknown, but probably minimal. Use a sober sitter to watch out for you. Also try the liquid extract which is placed under the tongue, the effects are milder and longer lasting, and imitate the traditional method which involves chewing leaves.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Well, I have already tried the 15x. We did have a sober sitter and we were careful about the dosage. We mostly sat there and enjoyed the trip. I'm wondering about long term side effects after repeated use. This "no side effect" thing seems to be too good to be true.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Its scary shit Closet. No two hits ever seem to be the same. You can quite openly buy it here in the UK. The best way i can describe it is its like Russian roulette. I have done it and had a mild high. Then i have had a hit of the same amount of the same batch and been away with the pixies for hours. Enjoy, but treat it with respect. :m:

There is a thread about it on sciforums, but sorry i dont know how to link to it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. top mosker Ariloulaleelay Registered Senior Member

They probably sell it locally in head shops. I've seen it everywhere from Reno, NV to Conway, Arkansas.

Do know what you are doing however. Any psychedelic drug can cause short term problems and possibly long term problems as well. Check out www.erowid.org for the best information on salvia.

9. river-wind Valued Senior Member

what is the legality in the US?

edit: ah one of the links above answers that in their FAQ

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  10. stbalaji2u Registered Member

No side effects for me so far!

I too had a dilemma before using it, but when i was searching about the effects of salvia i stumbled on one of the salvia divinorum experiences page where i purchased salvia, it states that if we inhale or chew the pure salvia essence will induce spiritual thoughts, id didn't get that though but i float over my bed and a light of thousand mega watts glowed on my forehead after which i came back to normal state.
    From my experience a very mild headache and i drunk a cup of coffee after which its cured and till now not any side effects and am continuing to take that when ever i feel depressed.

11. draqon Banned Banned

dont do drugs. stay in reality, always.

12. The Breaker Registered Member

15x is actually not an abnormaly potent extract. I regularly see extracts as high as 80x and the one time I experimented with this drug, I used 40x. Salvia is a potentially dangerous substance if you don't have a sober sitter with you. I suggest you, and everyone else go to erowid.com and read up on your drug of choice before deciding to use it. Also try to read up on latest research about the drug, this can be done with a pubmed search.

13. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Salvia is not a recreational drug. If you want to be abducted by aliens, or experience what its like to die and go to hell, try Salvia.

14. dazzlepecs Registered Senior Member

the only side effect is having to endure people talking about their spiritual awakening drug experience.. Which is enough to make it a class A, a serious danger to humanity

15. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

That said, there are lessons to be learned from it.

There is a reason shamans used it for "divining." I tried it thinking it was going to be some good fun, it wasn't, but I did see some interesting things.

My left arm (guitar/bass fingering as well as drawing/painting arm) appeared to be the size of a sky scraper, it looked MASSIVE! Anyway, my arm then began to float way from my body! Horrified, I could see it floating away!

From my perspective, this means that If I don't use my artistic skills they may some day dwindle. (and I am quite artistically skilled) That's just my interpretation.

16. John99 Banned Banned

the truth is though that the best artists didnt\dont use drugs, weather they are musicians, authors, painters etc. there is also a very high price to pay with using any kind of mind altering substance.

i would imagine that any poison can cause people to hallucinate, so that is one way to look at it.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No that's crazy. 6x extract is wicked potent. Keep in mind that the dose is already tiny, and it's easy as shit to double it. Higher concentrations are extremely dangerous! (to your mind, not necessarily to your body).

18. samieeeey Registered Member

I tried salvia for the second time on friday, the first time I tried it (60x) it had no effect on me, I only felt a little weird, no trip though.
    The second time, I had a seizure lasting ten minutes. I was told by people that saw that my face turned blue, eyes rolled back, my veins were popping up, I was shaking and trying to rip off my face. I was taken to hospital and was told I could have potentially died and there is a risk I could end up with epilepsy.

19. elte Valued Senior Member

Brain damage from seizures can be self-reinforcing. Reminds me of acid reflux trouble. If the sphincter can be kept from being exposed to stomach acid, it can work better and help keep the acid away from itself.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Heed my warning. This stuff is dangerous. If you must experiment, use only the dried leaves not the concentrate. It's the most powerful naturally occurring hallucinogen on Earth. Dosage using the concentrate will not be reliable, and you can easily take more than you will be comfortable with. I don't consider it to be recreational.

21. kwhilborn Banned Banned

This drug was used by Mayan Mystics. I have tried and possess 30X extract and raw leaf. I did not think the experience was "fun", and would describe it as unpleasant. There appeared to be a shift in gravity and my world turned somewhat sideways as I held on to furniture at odd angles. I moved from my laptop to the edge of the bed and it felt like my bed was on a 45 degree angle, and made meditation seem improbable in that state. I also noticed reality seemed to flow like a river from left to right in small particles that converged and flowed out of the room through my. bookcase. It was more disturbing, and I did get tiny "flashbacks" where I felt mildly the same way.

I now use it in much smaller doses for experimentation with meditation and solo mind power experiments. I would not recommend this as a recreational drug, but it did have flashbacks imo.

22. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

As I recall, the traditional usage of Salvia Divinorum is by Shaman to make spirit quests into the ether, much like night - blooming San Pedro cactus, peyote, and morning glory seed pilgrimages (used by the Aztec in the rituals of the sun). Just because another person has done something does not mean that you can also do so merely because you are another person. There are preparations that must be made and distinct goals to reach. It is vastly more than "getting stoned". A word from the wise - stick with pot and beer for that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hallucinations are a trial of meditation, not the goal. They are a distraction to be ignored rather than a thing to be pursued.

23. kwhilborn Banned Banned

My use is small doses and never to "get stoned". As some here know I invented a new method to delve into the subconscious as in one of my websites choicedowsing.com. I have experimented with Salvia as a psychic aid. I do not drink alcohol, as I dislike the feeling of being drunk/disoriented. I was not hoping for hallucinations however the shifting of gravity seemed immediate and without meditation. I would consider the gravity shift and flowing of "reality" unwelcome hallucinations. It was not a pleasant feeling. My goal was to achieve higher accuracy on precognition tests on my laptop, and would now use smaller doses. In fact; I have it just sitting here as I do not wish to experience it again any time soon, although I would like to experiment with it sometime in the future as time allows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.