Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 286

Thread: Pornography: Why???

  1. #161
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    4,917
    meh, if so what do you guys think of the pics that were posted in the previous pages?
    The pics on the previous pages don't bother me a bit. If someone likes masturbate to pics of underage girls, no harm done. I prefer Playboy myself, but to each their own.

    I am a little disturbed by the number of parents willing to pimp out their daughters on these sites, knowing full well that grown men are the target audience. But since I am unaware of any evidence that any of this harms anyone, I have no reason to be against it.

    Religions that condemn masturbation are really about using guilt to control people. The religious authorities know full well that people are going to do it anyway, but people are easier to manipulate when they feel bad about something.

  2. #162
    I am the great and mighty Zo.
    Posts
    5,952
    I am a little disturbed by the number of parents willing to pimp out their daughters on these sites, knowing full well that grown men are the target audience. But since I am unaware of any evidence that any of this harms anyone, I have no reason to be against it.
    And you just hit on really the only objectional thing in the porn industry... explotation. Most people seem to be nable to seperate the two issues and seem to think porn=explotation.

  3. #163
    Registered Senior Member genteel's Avatar
    Posts
    55
    I look at Montreal Quebec, where sex is so open, funny how hookers are so busy. People are not the same. One man can not say that every man will think like him. That would be vain. Woman are victims of assault and rape every day and it's not because of the cloths they wear, but of the mentality of their attacker (men or woman). Are they being attacked because it is an act of rebelling against the taboo?

    I can not say that every man that is smiling is flirting, but when they use a pick up line, or just won't take the hint and back off, I would say that yes, they are interested in getting it on. I have faced this in a work place, out socializing and even on public transportation, I did not encourage it. It wasn't every man, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I do not place a lot of confidence in mankind, as the jails are full of proof on why I shouldn't.

  4. #164
    Registered Senior Member ripleofdeath's Avatar
    Posts
    2,762
    Repo Man
    Quote
    Religions that condemn masturbation are really about using guilt to control people. The religious authorities know full well that people are going to do it anyway, but people are easier to manipulate when they feel bad about something.
    ---
    how true, how hugely common in parenting techniques, how terribly devistating to personal development it is, most people are lucky to cure themselfs by the ages of 50 years old.

    §outh§tar
    im not aware of any pictures that were posted.
    where are they ?

    basicly yes i am agreeing with Buffys
    people gain sexual excitiment and satisfaction from a vast range of things.
    some of these things are common everyday things that are to some people like carrying out the rubbish bags for collection.
    you are born nude, soo nude is natural
    why is it that those who make rally crys against pornography are not walking around nude?
    they are brainwashed hypocrites, its that simple.
    look at the obesity rate in the U.S.A
    do you think all those over weight unhealthy sedentry types who hate themselfs soo much they do not keep fit will be happy about someone liking a women who is fit???
    ofcoarse not!
    lets face it to stay with the u.s.a as an example, the country is supposed to be run as a democracy that has libral laws to allow freedom of choice and peacefull co-existence, regardless of crime rates and other widespread societal illnesses that is the working model, why should one group that wishes to take control of the private lives of all others and force only one religion on all the people, be allowed to take control?

    when you boil it all down there are some people who are too irresponsible to be having sex at any age as they dont use contraceptives or take care of S.T.D's and such like things, but ... there must be a line drawn somewhere until medical science can catch up to be able to stop all those well taught christians and other religions from being persuaded at the first or consequential time to throw away all their values and be the lowest order their own teachings has ascribed to.
    go figure
    either your responsible for your own actions at a consenting age of adulthood or you should be locked up.
    you cant have the best of both worlds.. be allowed to complain you are the victim while you perpetualy victimise others systematicly and then expect to be considered a valueble and freedom worthy life form.

  5. #165
    Registered Senior Member ripleofdeath's Avatar
    Posts
    2,762
    genteel
    i underdstand and accept that it is a different world for women when it comes to such things, im just hoping that because of that, women will become more intellegent faster in the way they educate their own sons
    i have had unwanted sexual attebntion from women and men so i am well aware of the
    potential and resulting effects of such things, it does have a tendency to colour everything you do as being on a stage of actors. this makes me sad to know and even sadder to witness in social situations.
    as much as it might sound nice to be able to flatten some pushy guy or girl with a punch to the head in such situations such things have a tendency to colour your evening to some point, (or day or workplace) and is the oppersite of the intended head space of being somewhere to have a good time in genral.
    the mothers AND fathers must be held accountable sooner or later.

  6. #166
    is feeling caustic
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by ripleofdeath
    Repo Man
    Quote
    Religions that condemn masturbation are really about using guilt to control people. The religious authorities know full well that people are going to do it anyway, but people are easier to manipulate when they feel bad about something.
    ---
    how true, how hugely common in parenting techniques, how terribly devistating to personal development it is, most people are lucky to cure themselfs by the ages of 50 years old.

    §outh§tar
    im not aware of any pictures that were posted.
    where are they ?

    basicly yes i am agreeing with Buffys
    people gain sexual excitiment and satisfaction from a vast range of things.
    some of these things are common everyday things that are to some people like carrying out the rubbish bags for collection.
    you are born nude, soo nude is natural
    why is it that those who make rally crys against pornography are not walking around nude?
    they are brainwashed hypocrites, its that simple.
    look at the obesity rate in the U.S.A
    do you think all those over weight unhealthy sedentry types who hate themselfs soo much they do not keep fit will be happy about someone liking a women who is fit???
    ofcoarse not!
    lets face it to stay with the u.s.a as an example, the country is supposed to be run as a democracy that has libral laws to allow freedom of choice and peacefull co-existence, regardless of crime rates and other widespread societal illnesses that is the working model, why should one group that wishes to take control of the private lives of all others and force only one religion on all the people, be allowed to take control?

    when you boil it all down there are some people who are too irresponsible to be having sex at any age as they dont use contraceptives or take care of S.T.D's and such like things, but ... there must be a line drawn somewhere until medical science can catch up to be able to stop all those well taught christians and other religions from being persuaded at the first or consequential time to throw away all their values and be the lowest order their own teachings has ascribed to.
    go figure
    either your responsible for your own actions at a consenting age of adulthood or you should be locked up.
    you cant have the best of both worlds.. be allowed to complain you are the victim while you perpetualy victimise others systematicly and then expect to be considered a valueble and freedom worthy life form.

    Scan through the first few pages and see what we were talking about.

    Quite disturbing, to say the least.

  7. #167
    Registered Senior Member ripleofdeath's Avatar
    Posts
    2,762
    pictures pictures pictures!!!!!

    no pictures = theory / topic / area of discusion
    we cant define specifics on pictures we have not got.

    some people think women who are legal adults are too young to have sex and that no one should be in pornography.
    for this reason i was mearly giving a clue that the whole age debate is riddled with extreemist people who actualy have not got one single moderate collectively aplicable thought in their mind.
    ... as we must always define it by what society in genral needs to consider as a mainstream equal footing for people to collectively bond on, rather than seek oppersite ends of some maniacal pole and start scratching around for weapons...
    if there was anyone who deserved to be put in guantanamo bay it would be those domestic terrorists who kill doctors.
    would you like a person like that to be defining your type and amount of personal contact with your girlfriend or wife?
    or how you choose to expres yourself sexualy...
    now look back at what is considered the middle ground.. you will find we are a long way from it now
    i hope that gives you something to use as comparison in a debate that should be clearly defined in norms

  8. #168
    is feeling caustic
    Posts
    4,830
    The pictures must have been taken away or something. You sure you've been thru every single page and nothing?


    The body should be given respect and not used like a toy don't you think?

  9. #169
    I am the great and mighty Zo.
    Posts
    5,952
    Who said sex isn't giving the body respect?

  10. #170
    Registered Loser buffys's Avatar
    Posts
    1,624
    This comes back to the self loathing built into so many religions, "the body is evil", "sex is evil", "masturbation is evil", etc. It's a bizarre view when you think about it, considering sex and nudity are as natural (and necessary) a part of existence as breathing. But it's not just a paradoxical outlook, it's also dangerous. Reinforcing this self loathing for something we are designed to do and be just isn't healthy (mentally or physically, especially mentally).

  11. #171
    is feeling caustic
    Posts
    4,830
    It's not a "self loathing".

    No one says "sex is evil".

    People can and have done without sex or "bodily gratification" if you know what I mean.. Do you mean to say these are abnormal people?

  12. #172
    America: 51% fucking idiots JustARide's Avatar
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by §outh§tar
    It's not a "self loathing".

    No one says "sex is evil".

    People can and have done without sex or "bodily gratification" if you know what I mean.. Do you mean to say these are abnormal people?
    If you don't think sex is evil or at least carries some undesirable stigma, why do you -- and large segments of the religious community -- regard those who abstain from it as somehow superior?

    And a series of questions follow... Why did Jesus refrain from sex? And was being born of a virgin superior to a normal, sex-instigated birth? If so, why? Why create a community of monks and nuns who takes vows to avoid sex? Why go to such lengths if sex is natural and not inherently sinful?

    You can't simultaneously say "sex isn't evil" but "those who abstain from sex are doing the <i>right</i> thing..."

    Josh

  13. #173
    I am the great and mighty Zo.
    Posts
    5,952
    Why did Jesus refrain from sex?
    *cough*
    Because he didn't. This is another myth brought to you from the 'sex is evil' camp.
    *end cough*

  14. #174
    America: 51% fucking idiots JustARide's Avatar
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Persol
    *cough*
    Because he didn't. This is another myth brought to you from the 'sex is evil' camp.
    *end cough*
    OK, let me rephrase...

    Why does your myth contend that Jesus refrained from sex?

    Josh

  15. #175
    is feeling caustic
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by JustARide
    If you don't think sex is evil or at least carries some undesirable stigma, why do you -- and large segments of the religious community -- regard those who abstain from it as somehow superior?

    And a series of questions follow... Why did Jesus refrain from sex? And was being born of a virgin superior to a normal, sex-instigated birth? If so, why? Why create a community of monks and nuns who takes vows to avoid sex? Why go to such lengths if sex is natural and not inherently sinful?

    You can't simultaneously say "sex isn't evil" but "those who abstain from sex are doing the <i>right</i> thing..."

    Josh
    I recommend you take a look at my "I hate crying" thread in this same forum.

    It's all a question of mastery over secondary, weak emotions. If one is a "slave" to one's phallus to where they can't stop themselves then they are indeed inferior.

    Imagine you go shopping. You are not really hungry but you see a restaurant, everyone is eating and the price is within your reasonable limit. So you buy. You have just let your stomach dictate to you and it has become your master. That is indeed shameful but it in NO way indicates that food is "evil".

    The analogy is poor but deal with it, eh?

    I hope that helps answer your questions and proves that the Son of God, of all "people", was not a slave to desire.

  16. #176
    I am the great and mighty Zo.
    Posts
    5,952
    It's not being a slave.... it's doing something you enjoy.

    Why are you on this forum? Why do you play sports? Why do you play video games? Why do you eat cake/pizza/whatever?

    Because you enjoy it. Saying that is is a 'secondary emotion' is really just false. If anything, it is the PRIMARY emotion as it's the reason you are here.

  17. #177
    is feeling caustic
    Posts
    4,830
    Pleasure, as far as being selfish goes, is secondary (like it or not).


    Having sex for pleasure is therefore giving in to secondary desires and showing that you have no mastery over your own body, a grave weakness indeed.

    Remember, monks are no less human because they didn't have sex. In fact, such a lifestyle remains superior because of the outstanding self-discipline which many unfortunately lack.. just like mere animals. It really is sad.

  18. #178
    America: 51% fucking idiots JustARide's Avatar
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by §outh§tar

    It's all a question of mastery over secondary, weak emotions. If one is a "slave" to one's phallus to where they can't stop themselves then they are indeed inferior.
    Ah yes, because there is no middle ground between total abstinence and being an all-out, tongue-wagging slave to the almighty phallus.

    Please.

    Imagine you go shopping. You are not really hungry but you see a restaurant, everyone is eating and the price is within your reasonable limit. So you buy. You have just let your stomach dictate to you and it has become your master. That is indeed shameful but it in NO way indicates that food is "evil".

    The analogy is poor but deal with it, eh?

    I hope that helps answer your questions and proves that the Son of God, of all "people", was not a slave to desire.
    Now all the sudden we're recasting Jesus as Buddha -- a man trying to rid himself of desire as an example for the rest of us. How nice. Let me try again.

    Christianity casts a dark cloud over sex by saying its messiah (who was, of course, "perfect") abstained from it. Your food analogy is apt, though more so for my argument...

    So let's talk about eating. Eating is natural. Jesus ate food, didn't he? And yet the scripture makes no mention of him gorging on fatty meats and turning into a blimp, so we can assume Jesus -- while he ate food -- did not become a slave to it. Fair enough? Now, using that as an example, why then did Jesus have to refrain from sex <i>entirely</i> to show his mastery over it? The implication is that sex itself must be somehow sinful if God's son chose not to partake of it <i>at all</i>.

    If Jesus could show his mastery over some desires by exercising moderation rather than abstention (as he did with eating, drinking, turning over moneychanger tables, etc.), why not sex? What's so different about sex? Was sex so powerful an urge that if Jesus had gone in for just one taste he would have become a sex addict? I'm willing to bet Jesus could have had a relatively stable sex life had he chose to do so.

    Mastery over desire? Nope, doesn't fly. Next argument please.

    Josh
    Last edited by JustARide; 06-13-04 at 02:22 AM.

  19. #179
    is feeling caustic
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by JustARide
    Ah yes, because there is no middle ground between total abstinence and being an all-out, tongue-wagging slave to the almighty phallus.

    Please.



    Now all the sudden we're recasting Jesus as Buddha -- a man trying to rid himself of desire as an example for the rest of us. How nice. Let me try again.

    Christianity casts a dark cloud over sex by saying its messiah (who was, of course, "perfect") abstained from it. Your food analogy is apt, though more so for my argument...

    So let's talk about eating. Eating is natural. Jesus ate food, didn't he? And yet the scripture makes no mention of him gorging on fatty meats and turning into a blimp, so we can assume Jesus -- while he ate food -- did not become a slave to it. Fair enough? Now, using that as an example, why then did Jesus have to refrain from sex <i>entirely<i/> to show his mastery over it? The implication is that sex itself must be somehow sinful if God's son chose not to partake of it <i>at all</i>.

    If Jesus could show his mastery over some desires by exercising moderation rather than abstention (as he did with eating, drinking, turning over moneychanger tables, etc.), why not sex? What's so different about sex? Was sex so powerful an urge that if Jesus had gone in for just one taste he would have become a sex addict? I'm willing to bet Jesus could have had a relatively stable sex life had he chose to do so.

    Mastery over desire? Nope, doesn't fly. Next argument please.

    Josh

    Your argument is baseless. Without food, man dies.

    This doesn't mean one should be a slave to it.


    And what, pray tell, might your alleged "middle ground" be?

  20. #180
    "The pics on the previous pages don't bother me a bit. If someone likes masturbate to pics of underage girls, no harm done. I prefer Playboy myself, but to each their own."

    i reckon there would be quite a bit of harm done to the kid

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •