Why is Mary not the Mother Superior of the Church?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by one_raven, May 15, 2004.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

If the Virgin Mary was the product of the Immaculate Conception in order for Jesus to have a pure vessel, and God allowed her to be born with a soul that was free of Original Sin, and Original Sin is why we are mortal...
    Why did she eventually die?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Because she was a homo sapien and as far as I know, no human has ever not died. That and the fact that God forgot to give her the recipe for the fountain of youth.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Mary was simply an instrument of God's. He could have chosen for someone in Africa or Asia to have given birth to Jesus, after all there were a lot of virgins back in the day..

And leave it to MW to bring heresy into a thread.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Maybe I should have been more clear.
    I thought I was.

I was looking for the Christain explanation.
    I understand that human beings aren't immortal.
    However, Christainty makes the claim that human beings aren't immortal because of Original Sin.
    They also make the claim that Mary was born without Original Sin (The Immaculate Conception).
    If both are true, I would like to know why Mary was not immortal.

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

10. okinrus Registered Senior Member

This isn't quite true. I think you are implying that it was necessary for Jesus to be born of the Virgin Mary, but I believe the Church only says Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary.

It is not believed that she died in the sense that we do. Her body was taken upto heaven.

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Where did you get this information from?

Dave

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

What is the "Immaculate Conception", then?
    Was it not the conception of a pure vessel for God's son (Mary)?
    God decided she was going to be Jesus' mom since her conception.

On December 8th 1854 Pope Pius IX wrote the Ineffabilis Deus...
    Quote from Ineffabilis Deus:
    Translation:

13. okinrus Registered Senior Member

This is basically it.

As well as this, the Pope ratified the doctrine of Mary's assumption.
    http://home.nyc.rr.com/mysticalrose/marian8.html

14. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Mary was not born free of original sin. She was a normal woman. Do not confuse catholic dogma with Christian Doctrines.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

15. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

16. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

17. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

exactly.

Jesus did not "inherit" from his earthly parents in the biological sense. God planned it long before Mary was born and He planned what He would appear to be (I believe Isaiah prophecies Jesus' ordinary appearance somewhere).

18. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I believe since it is part of the Faith, but Mary has has been appearing and directing quite a few prophets and seers, most famous being http://www.amm.org/ Christians of course have before, however, believed in Mary's absolute purity. It would be odd the least for Mary to contribute anyway to her son's death, to which it is said that a her heart would be pierced.

19. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I know what you are saying here, but Jesus obtained his human nature from Mary. If Jesus was not born of a women, there's no way he could be human, correct?

20. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Did He? Why do you assume that? You think that God who created all matter and life could not start a new life inside a womans womb?

Matthew 1:20
    But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Was it of The Holy Spirit or was it of a union of mary and the Holy Spirit?
    Did God need a wife to create Adam?
    Did the Holy Spirit have intercource with mary?
    Did God need marys genes?

Job
    14"What is man, that he could be pure? And he who is born of a woman, that he could be righteous?

Do not allow human thinking to get in the way.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

21. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Hiya Okinrus, Thanks for answering.

It was the bit where you said that Mary didn't die like we do that got me, I don't quite know how you got the idea that I may entertain the idea of Mary contributing anyway to her son's death...

Mary was a fully human virgin at the time of conception, as it is written in anyway, so why do you think she would die any differently?

Dave

22. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: That's another subject. For a period of time, the flat Earth theory wasn't wrong, but the people who said it was anything other than flat, were the heretics of the day. My point was that organized Christianity has had its followers for + or - 17 centuries. Its heretics have been going strong for more than 16 centuries. That tells me something was wrong to start with. That many people can't be wrong all this time.

It's been about 100 years since mankind's capability to drive and fly proved its heretics wrong. Not only that, mankind's ability to reach the moon and deeper space proved its heretics wrong only about 50 years ago.

My point was that Christianity has had heretics for a good long time, and we still are in the process of proving it to be a lie. The proof lies in the fact that Christianity is the fastest declining religion today.

23. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Everyone who sins has contributed to Jesus' death.

Mary was a fully human virgin at the time of conception, as it is written in anyway, so why do you think she would die any differently?
    [/quote]
    Without sin, decay and sickness would have no power over her. Of course, this doesn't mean that she would not die. Her death would just be more like Jesus' where her body does not corrupt and is taken up to heaven.