Was Jesus Gay?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by ilgwamh, May 11, 2004.

1. ilgwamh Fallen Angel Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JustARide America: 51% fucking idiots Registered Senior Member

Good luck with this thread, Vinnie. It's sure to be a regular salon of thoughtful, well-reasoned discussion and disinterested debate.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As for me, I don't know if Jesus was gay, but I'm certain Mohammed was a real ass pirate.

And with that opening salvo, let the rational discourse begin.

Josh

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Josh I think you have the makings of a thread there "was muhammed an ass pirate?"

Maybe Jesus was a little bit gay sometimes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Every once and awhile, if I looked really close at some of the pictures of jesus,...I swear I could see assless leather chaps on him while carrying the cross.
    I was never sure and too embarassed to ask, but now, maybe I'm not crazy!
    Thanks whatsyourface!

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Vinnie -

Welcome to the new Sciforums. You'll find yourself wistful for the old style of horsepucky.

In the meantime, I should probably read the article before giving a longer response, but don't let the munchkin gallery disturb you. I'm ... I'm sure Jesus loves them, too.

9. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

There's a passage somewhere in the NT, that say's that when the Roman soldiers went to arrest him in the middle of the night; "A young naked man that Jesus had been sleeping with, got up and ran away", or words to that effect and it has always intrigued me. I mean, why is it mentioned unless there's some significance? I always took it to mean that because Jesus was without sin, he had to do something that would warrant death, so he performed the most benign (but still punishable by death)sin there was; he exchanged physical love with a man.

10. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Yes, I clearly remember a passage somewhere in the NT where 'twas stated explicitly 'after he had finished banging Peter from behind, Jesus responded to the Pharisee with wise words,' or something to that effect.

[/bs]

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Ignoramus.

12. ilgwamh Fallen Angel Registered Senior Member

That passage is in Mark 14:51-52 right after Jesus is arrested in Gethseman. It was argued that it ultimately came from the text of Secret Mark which canonical Mark redacted and covered up.

A snippet from section 6 of the article

Notice that the youth wears only a linene cloth over his naked body next time he sees Jesus and that the first time he wants Jesus as his gay lover:

"But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him."

Vinnie

Last edited: May 11, 2004
  13. ilgwamh Fallen Angel Registered Senior Member

I stopped in because I was told a bunch of skeptics actually fell for one of Winace's parodies. As I am in the business of parody writing myself, I had to come play along

I'll have to re-bookmark this page.

Vinnie

14. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Ok... not exactly as I remember it but look at Mark 14:51

The disciples were all asleep, so why was the young man following him around as he prayed and wearing only a linen garment? Something obviously just draped over him, otherwise it wouldn't have fallen off when he fled. What is the significance?

15. gOn Guest

Jesus didn't existed... so, he could not be gay...

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Hi, gOn. Please tell my why you think Jesus didn't exist. By the way, I'm not religious either, I'm just interested in this subject. Thanks.

17. gOn Guest

Actually i don't Know... I'm just being provocative...
    But some ppl say that some gnostic papers describe the life of some caracters similar to Jesus, and that the Gospels are adaptations of those ancient papers...

18. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

gOn

That's a given.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Wasn't he in love with Mary? Medicine Woman might argue that he even wandered off to the south of France and had some kids.

20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: My theory is Jesus escaped the crucifiction and went off to France. However, most researchers on this subject say MM went to France without Jesus, and bore their last child in Septimania. I like the romance of it, though. In all honesty, I don't really know if Jesus was a real human being or a mythological dying demigod savior.

I believe MM, who was known historically to be a human being, who actually did some writing like the Gospel of MM and possibly Revelations. There is also a connection between MM and John, the "beloved disciple." Researchers say now that MM wrote the Gospel of Mary, possibly the Gospel of John, and Revelations and was referred to as the code name "John." Mary was truly Jesus' "beloved disciple." So, I tend to think that Jesus actually existed, but was not, I repeat NOT, the Christian Messiah of Paul.

To learn more about MM and the French connection, read everything you can find by Laurence Gardner, Lynn Pinknett, Clive Prince, Baigent & Leigh, A.N. Wilson, Elaine Pagels, Karen Armstrong, et al.

21. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

I doubt that Mary Magdalene could read & write. The only people who could do so back then are the priests, merchants & politicians/royalties.

22. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

haha wow people what a discussion, yeah Jesus could have been homosexual, it's possible, but I thought that he was in love with Mary, or was she his mom?

(No offense intended)

23. Q25 Registered Senior Member