Christianty's Oppression (execution) of Scienctists!!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Preacher_X, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

The Theist Origins of Western Science

[plagiarised text deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vienna Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The muslim philosophers, scholars and scientists also had to be extremely carefull not to piss of the religious nuts of the time. This inhibited their research.

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment. "

Albert Einstien, Letter to M. Berkowitz, October 25, 1950; Einstein Archive 59-215

"I am a deeply religious nonbeliever.... This is a somewhat new kind of religion. "

Albert Einstien, Letter to Hans Muehsam March 30, 1954; Einstein Archive 38-434

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cyorg Registered Member

Why would anyone bitch and moan over something that happend hundreds of years ago. Yes the church oppressed scientists long ago, because back then politics were run by the religious leaders. But because in most cases now that is no longer the case, most christian leaders (including Catholics) embrace science. Many believe science will help prove the existence of God. In fact, the "Big Bang Theory" was created by a Catholic priest, and heavily endorsed by the Pope.

http://www.searchet.com/lemaitre.html

8. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Blatant propaganda to attempt to ridicule Christianity.

Do you not defend your faith?