Islam denounces terrorism

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Islam denounces terrorism

Terrorism is a crime against humanity. Islam is a religion that means "peace". In the Koran, the Holy Book of Islam, God commands believers to bring peace and security to the world. The Islamic morality is the cure for terrorism, not the source of it.

''God commands justice and doing good and giving to relatives. And He forbids indecency and doing wrong and tyranny. He warns you so that hopefully you will pay heed.'' (The Noble Qur'an, 16:90)

''Each time they kindle the fire of war, Allah extinguishes it. They rush about the earth corrupting it. Allah does not love corrupters. (5:64)''

''Permission to fight is given to those who are fought against because they have been wronged - truly God has the power to come to their support - those who were expelled from their homes without any right, merely for saying, 'Our Lord is God'… (The Noble Quran 22:39-40)''

''Fight in the Way of God against those who fight you, but do not go beyond the limits. God does not love those who go beyond the limits. (The Noble Quran 2:190)''

''God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you over religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just. God merely forbids you from taking as friends those who have fought you over religion and driven you from your homes and who supported your expulsion... (The Noble Quran 60:8-9)''

''You who believe! Show integrity for the sake of God, bearing witness with justice. Do not let hatred for a people incite you into not being just. Be just. That is closer to heedfulness. Heed God (alone). God is aware of what you do. (The Noble Quran 5:8)''

The teachings of the Prophet on how you and I should treat our Non-Muslim friends and neighbours on a day to day basis as well as how to government should treat a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state.

"He who believes in God and the Last Day should honour his guest, should not harm his neighbour, should speak good or keep quiet." (Bukhari, Muslim)

"Whoever hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state hurts me, and he who hurts me annoys God." (Bukhari)

"He who hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state, I am his adversary, and I shall be his adversary on the Day of a Judgement." (Bukhari)

"Beware on the Day of Judgement; I shall mysefl be complainant against him who wrongs a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state or lays on him a responsibility greater than he can bear or deprives him of anything that belongs to him." (Al-Mawardi)

"Anyone who kills a Non-Muslim who had become our ally will not smell the fragrance of Paradise." (Bukhari)

http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Tell it to Abu Hamza

Islam made a death threat to Salman Rushdie so why doesn't Islam do the same to Abu Hamza.

If Abu Hamza is preaching wrong ideals of Islam - Why doesn't Islam stop him - an Islamic death warrant has been ordered on others for doing similar.

What is it going on Proud Muslim?

Is Abu Hamza telling the truth of Islam?

If he is telling lies - where is the death warrant... Remember Salman Rushdie.

What Salman Rushdie did was timid and tame compared to Abu Hamza.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I don't think that was Islam; it was the Ayatollah who made the threat.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vienna Registered Senior Member

DUH!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And on what grounds was the death threat made?

On 14 February 1989 Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the then Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, issued a fatwa (religious decree) declaring that the British author, Salman Rushdie, should be executed for having insulted Islam in his novel "The Satanic Verses" published in late 1988. Since then, fearing for his life, the author has been living under constant police protection, and all his public appearances are undertaken amid tight security.

So why - If Islam is so anti-terrorism - Why isn't a fatwa issue against the fanatics who promote terrorism which in turn gives Islam a violent identity.

Is Islam violent or not? - Is Islam being misrepresented or not by terrorists?

Why isn't a fatwa issued against Abu Hamza if he is giving Islam a bad name - and that goes for all the rest of Islamic terrorists. If no judgement is given by Islamic leaders on terrorists then I can believe that terrorism is a part of Islam.

The only thing that Salman Rushdie did that was wrong was to write a book which Muslims didn't like - Thats nothing compared to the global identity of a violent Islam brought by Islamic terrorists.

8. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Indeed, Ayatollah does not represent Muslims, he represent the 10% shia Muslims only, his fatwa was not legal, and in any case, any fatwa is not biding.

It was this stupid fatwa that made rushdie a celebrity, if we just ignored this son of bitch, no one will even care about his novel.

9. Vienna Registered Senior Member

What do you mean "Ayatollah does not represent Muslims" ?????

But then you say he represented 10% of Muslims???

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why was this fatwa not legal?

What do you mean any fatwa is not biding?

If Islam denounces terrorism - Why don't Islamic leaders order a legal fatwa on terrorists??

10. Vienna Registered Senior Member

FATWA

Fatwa is a legal statement in Islam, issued by a mufti or a religious lawyer, on a specific issue.
    Fatwas are asked for by judges or individuals, and are needed in cases where a issue of fiqh is undecided or uncertain. Lawsuits can be settled on the basis of a fatwa.
    It is vital that a fatwa is not based upon the muftis or lawyers own will and ideas, he must render it in accordance with fixed precedent.
    Today, fatwas have limited importance in most Muslim societies, and are normally used only in cases of marriage, inheritance and divorce. The importance of a fatwa depends on its acceptance among most people, and if people don't care about it, it is in reality powerless.

So if Islam really CARES about denouncing terrorism surely a fatwa against terrorists should be issued

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Oh, good, that's a relief. I guess we can all go home now...

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

13. Katazia Black Mamba Registered Senior Member

Now all that the Muslims must do is practice what they preach. Pity that they haven't got the message yet.

Kat

14. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Treason carries a mere life sentence in Britain, personally I would have them shot.

Why the government lets this go on unchallenged by the law of this land I'll never know. There must be a reason for it.

You say you wouldn't let it go on, well in Britain you have no option because the law isn't stopping it.

15. Vienna Registered Senior Member

If they do they will get their arses kicked so hard

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

A rational person doesn't need to be told terrorism is a bad thing.

God commands believers to bring peace and security to the world

A rational person need be commanded of such things but only need rely on common sense.

If your gods must command you to do so, is it because you can't think for yourselves or is it because peace and security are not concepts inherent to your culture? Or perhaps it's a little of both?

17. lostminotaur Registered Senior Member

ummm.. i beg to differ... his novels are excellent and especially 'the satanic verses'... are you gonna pretend that your Prophet didn't make a mistake when He couldn't identify between verses of Satan vs verses of Allah?

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

More terrorism

In all honesty, I don't think Islam is denouncing it enough. Seriously, it seems
    as if every non-islamic gets screwed by terrorism or lucks out and stops it.
    When is the last time that Islam has actually stopped a terrorist attack?

19. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

You had to look that up, right?

If not... yikes, man... get out...

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

When was the last time <b>any</b> religion stopped a terrorist attack?

21. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Your recent posts suggest that you support Islam and you don't condemn its terrorist acts - I believe you are in a minority.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It is quite possible to support Islam and to condemn terrorism at the same time, Vienna. Islam, as I understand it, is not about terrorism. It is a small minority of Muslim fundamentalists who want to twist Islam for that purpose. They are not the first to claim religious justification for terrorist acts, and I'm sure they won't be the last.

23. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Islam is about forcing people people to submit under Islamic laws. And dhimmifying the non-muslims under its rule. Some people call that "terrorism".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.