Islam & Wife Beating

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Islam & Wife Beating

“How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” Considering the rates of domestic violence all over the world, this question, which was asked by the Prophet Muhammad more than 1400 years ago, is applicable today to all people of all faiths and cultures.

Despite the universality of domestic violence, Muslim men involved in wife-abuse have attracted more attention than others. Horrific stories of husbands beating their wives while claiming that the Qur’an gives them the right to do so are highlighted in the media. At the same time, Muslims assert that Islam honors and respects women, giving them rights that promote and preserve their human dignity.

The crux of the matter lies in the need for the distinction between Islam and the behavior of some Muslims. Each and every Muslim has rather unfairly been caste as a representative of his or her faith, and his or her behavior is immediately a reflection of Islam, not of the Muslim as a human individual.

This special file aims at clarifying the position Islam takes regarding wife-beating. Although the material presented, which is compiled from various IslamOnline.net pages, concentrates on the very specific issue of wife-beating, it is essential to point out that Islam has extensively elaborated on the rights of women at all times and in totality.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/IslamWifeBeating/index.shtml

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

From the link provided:

There is no equality whatsoever in a Muslim marriage according to this article. The husband is considered a dictator to be obeyed and feared and that "light disiplinary action" is perfectly acceptable.

In other words, Muslim husbands are encouraged to treat their wives like dogs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"Stuff the Hijab - I'm gonna wear a towel and I don't care what my husband says"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

How objective you are, you chose to comment on one part, you FORGOT the other part which says:

''But the husband should also use his authority with respect and kindness towards his wife. If there arises any disagreement or dispute among them, then it should be resolved in a peaceful manner. Spouses should seek the counsel of their elders and other respectable family members and friends to batch up the rift and solve the differences''

You dont mean in other words, you mean in your own hateful words !!!!

8. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

You can find in quran and hadith passages that spacifically tell the husband to hit his wife. There is no denying that, the only thing that can be debated is how hard with moderates claiming god only meant a gentle cuff. It is still there telling you this is how a woman is treated. Why didn't god say "talk to her" like an adult or an equal? PM this is not a flame so don't get yourself worked up, just address it in your own words.
    Vienna is that your bitch?

I would love to see her without the hijab Woof

9. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Vienna ( path ) is now talking to himself !!

10. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

So you aren't going to answer me then?

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

PM

I know your myopic zeal for your religion has taken away your ability to think for yourself, so I’ll explain it to you.

If the excerpt you quoted was the only explanation for dealing with your spouse, then your thread might be valid, but it also included the part I quoted. There would be no need for Muslims to resort to light disciplinary action because she is supposed to listen to him due to the fact that It is important that a wife recognizes the authority of her husband in the house.

Quite simply, The Muslim household is a dictatorship encouraged by Islam. The wife has no say in any matters; she must obey her husband or be beaten.

You dont mean in other words, you mean in your own hateful words !!!!

It’s too late; this is another thread that has backfired on you. YOU provided these words, not me.

12. Pakman Registered Senior Member

It's quite an interesting thing to see that nothing much has changed to the distortions of Islam from the medivial times to the 21st century in the Western world and mind.

O, before I comment on what you said earlier, perhaps you won't mind going through the trouble of explaining your viewpoints on the relationship between a man and his wife? How should the man respond? How should he treat her? How should he ask her for something and how should he explain her something? How should the man behave when his wife is a criminial or an adulter? What if the wife is overdosed on drugs, then what should the man do?

13. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

A relationship between a man and a woman should be based on mutual trust and understanding. A man should treat his wife as his best friend and confidant. If you have problems or issues then you both need to make an effort to solve them, you are a team for life. What do you mean by criminal, I didn't marry a criminal so I don't know what you mean. Adultery would be treated the same as above, was it a mistake on her part, is she in love with another can you repair the damage or not? I think if you make an effort to keep close contact with eachother and keep eachother satisfied emotionally and physically to the best of your abilities you run a very low risk of infidelity. Overdosed on drugs? Again this would never happen if you know your wife as a person not as a servant. Would you not notice a drug problem in your closest friend or do you not really pay close attention to a best friends mental well being. I would notice immediately I can see when even a small thing is troubling my wife without her having to tell me. So that pretty much nips any potential criminality or adultery in the bud, and it goes both ways.

14. Vienna Registered Senior Member

No distortions mentioned here.

It's also interesting to note that Islam is still the same today in the 21st century as it was in the medieval times

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What do Muslim wives do all day?

They get together, smoke pipes, drink coffee and talk about sex. The biggest item on their agenda is worrying that they no longer please their husbands and if he'll suddenly bring home a much younger, more beautiful wife. Therefore, they spend all their time looking at sexy lingerie, stripping hair off their legs, armpits and genitals, practice dancing and do everything they can think of that will in some way please their husbands.

They know that if they take off their veils in public, their husbands will beat them severly, but some do not care because they are sick of their oppressed lives and want to lead normal lives like western women, free of oppression from their spouses. So, they try and speak out against the oppression but are soon taken by thier husbands, beaten and locked up in the house.

Nice life.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

(Q):

Do you have a source for that? Somehow I do not think it is true for all Muslim women, or even the majority.

17. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Did you know - Quran (4:34) advises a man to beat his wife if she does'nt obey him?

Quran 4:34: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

18. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Its all here James

WIFE BEATING IN ISLAM

http://answering-islam.org/Silas/wife-beating.htm

Contents.............

1) INTRODUCTION - STATUS OF THE WIFE IN ISLAM

2) THE QURAN AND ISLAMIC WIFE BEATING

3) THE HADITH ON WIFE BEATING

4) THE BIOGRAPHICAL MATERIAL ON WIFE BEATING

5) THE SCHOLARS ON WIFE BEATING

6) ADDITIONAL ISLAMIC WRITINGS ON WIFE BEATING

7) DAMAGE DUE TO WIFE BEATING

8) ISLAMIC WIFE BEATING IN AMERICA

9) ISLAMIC WIFE BEATING THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

10) MUSLIM’S DEFENSE OF WIFE BEATING

11) QUESTIONS

12) CONCLUSION

13) WHERE TO TURN TO FOR HELP

19. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Are you sure Jerry spirnger is not thinking for you ??

You are quoting your own hateful empty opinion which worth nothing, so to who you are talking to ?

I will provide more words to expose you and your hate, shall I quote the statistics about women abuse in the 'civilized' west ????

20. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Since the retard Vienna quoted from hate site, answering islam, let me quote from the site that silenced the answering islam hate site:

Wife beating is not allowed in Islam in any case!

The sections of this article are:

1- Wife beating is not allowed in Islam!

2- Noble Verses and Sayings that support the prohibition of any type of
    wife beating.

3- The Prophet forbade striking on the face.

4- What about the saying about striking the wife lightly on her hand with a siwak? This saying doesn't belong to Prophet Muhammad.

5- More proofs about the translation of Noble Verse 4:34.

6- Conclusion.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/beating_no.htm

Enjoy !!

21. Bells Staff Member

You were saying PM?

And it's from the site you actually used. That was written just after the little list you put up. Shame you didn't post all that was on that site.

You can post the figures for wife beating in the West, it doesn't matter. It's a vile practice that exists everywhere. Women are abused on a daily basis all over the world. To point the finger saying yeah you do it more than we do is childish. Instead of pointing the finger at the West and instead of the West pointing the finger at Muslims, maybe we should all be pointing the finger at the men we know abuse their wives and denounce them for the cowards they really are.

22. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Bottom line is that these passages are in the quran PM you can't remove them and it makes beating your wife a viable option no matter how you try and dress it up.

Bells I agree with you but the causes need to be adressed not just the symptoms and yes that goes for ALL causes not just the ones in islam.

23. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Whats the difference between Islamic wife beating and Western wife beating?

Western Wife Beating --> ILLEGAL. Unspiritual. Unholy.

Islamic Wife Beating --> Legal. Religious Obligation. Encouraged.