Have They Actually found Sodem and Gomorah?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Norman, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

I saw recently they think they found the two fabled lost cities mentioned in the bible (made famous by their sinful past and destruction by God) Sodem and Gomorah located next to the Dead Sea..........Any comments on this?

Atta Boy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rainbow__princess_4 The Ashtray Girl Registered Senior Member

You got the wrong forum, Norman dude, this is Philosophy. There is no philosophy or ethics to be learned with sunken cities. Try history or world.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Leviticus Banned Banned

(ppb system starts again)

yes, this is wrong, but what is right????
    i know, voting for me in the ubermodship......that is truly right

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=35071

to stop this awful propaganda please just vote 'yes'

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

In this forum, is Philosophy spelled; R e l i g i o n....??? If so, I think I'm in the right forum.....In terms of this Thread, concerning the two fabled biblical cities that are believed to Sodem and Gomorah have been found near the shore of the Dead Sea are definitely not sunken............Your philosophy concerning this thread would be better served if you posted something more intelligent in a McDonalds menu maybe.....

Atta Boy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

9. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

Yes. Could you be more vague?
    • You recently saw what?
    • You recently saw this where?
    • Who are they?
    And what was there about the source that led you to believe that the topic warrants serious discussion?

10. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

It really doesn't matter whether or not the topic about Sodem and Gomorah warrants serious discussion........The question only asks for "Any comments on this?" Obviously, your comments have no real meaning when it comes to serious discussion....There is nothing serious in your comments........

Atta Boy

11. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I think Normon saw it on the history/learning channel. They found two cities that are the same expected age and place as Sodom and Gomorah that were destroyed in some sort of catastrophe.

12. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

I ask for specifics, which you find 'obviously' unwarranted in 'serious discussion'. That speaks volumes.

13. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

How did they lose them in the first place?
    Down the back of the sofa?
    Dee Cee

14. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

They were never really lost.......They were there all the time.....They were looking for charred and ruined temples and pillars of salt that looked like a woman.........That's all.

Atta Boy

Atta Boy

15. Paula Registered Senior Member

I did see on one of the history channels (I've got so many) about finding two buried cities the details of which coincided with Sodom and Gomorrah and something about pillars of salt resembling a woman. Also, there is evidence of a cataclysm happening around the time Moses would have parted the Red Sea, which some researchers think may have been the cause there. It's fascinating stuff. Apparently the evidence refutes the story of Joshua bringing down the walls of Jericho but there are several Biblical stories that seem to at least have some basis in historical fact.

I'm religious but not a literalist, so I can handle being taught important lessons through the use of parable and analogy. It's interesting though.

16. transio Creative Genius Registered Senior Member

So demand go more... ah!!!

17. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Wow!!! That's some pretty heavy stuff you're talking about there........Like, you should save some of that for some future documentary on a popular religious channel.........Like the 7/11 Club or something like that.........

Atta Boy