Signs of the Last Hour

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

The following information is a summary of a lecture given by a scholar of Riverside, Gharm-Allah El-Ghamdy, around the fall of 1991. Editor's notes are in brackets []. It is hard to tell whether certain of these events have already occurred, or when they will precisely occur. Allah knows best.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/pillars/signsofthelasthour.html

Though Allah only knows when the Last Hour before the Day of Resurrection will come, He has given us 'clues' about its approach through information in the Qur'an and the hadith of the Prophet. The signs can be separated into two categories: minor and major. This article does not cover all the signs, but most of the important ones are here. All these signs are, of course, based on hadith and/or Qur'an, mainly the former.

Minor Signs (in no particular order)

"The coming of the Last Prophet, Muhammad ibn Abd-Allah (SAW)." [This has already happened, of course.]
    "The slave will become the master."
    "Shepherds will compete in the construction of tall buildings." [The modern ex-nomads of Saudi Arabia are an excellent example of this.]
    "Knowledge of Islam will be taken away while ignorance will increase. This removal of knowledge will be because old scholars will die and fewer and fewer new scholars will replace them. The leaders of the Muslims will be chosen from ignorant people, and they will rule according to their whims." [Today, studying Islam formally is considered to be an inferior career in most of the Muslim world. The leaders of the Muslim world are more known for their political or military prowess (oppressive ability?) than Islamic knowledge.]
    "Drinking and fornication will increase heavily."
    "The population of men will decrease, and women increase till fifty women shall be for every man."
    "Thirty people will claim to be prophets, followed by Al-Dajjal (the anti-Christ roughly)."
    "There will be such an abundance of wealth that people will not be able to find recipients for zakat."
    "Killing will increase."
    "Time will be shortened so that a year will be like a month, a month like a day, a day like an hour." [This perception of the seemingly dwindling amount of time is very apparent, especially in First World countries.]
    "Two great countries will fight and kill each other, both claiming the same thing."
    "Earthquakes will increase in number." [Welcome to California. :-]
    "A person will pass by the grave, and wish to trade places out of despair."

Major Signs (in rough chronological order)

"Al-Dajjal( anti christ ) will come, claiming to be God holding Heaven and Hell. His purpose is to deceive, and unbelievers will follow him. He is short, red-faced, blind in the right eye, and has hair which sticks up. He will go around the world, but will be unable to enter Madinah or Makkah." [There are numerous detailed ahadith on this man.]
    "Al-Mahdi will come at the time of Al-Dajjal. He will call to the true Islam, and will be a military leader. His name will be exactly like that of the Prophet: Muhammad ibn Abd-Allah, and his father's name will match the Prophet's father's name also. He will be descended from Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet."
    "Isa (Jesus) will come at the time of Al-Dajjal and al-Mahdi as well. He will descend at the time of Fajr prayer on a masjid in Damascus, the capital of Syria. He is of medium height, red-faced, and his hair is as if he just took a shower. He will call people back to Islam, but he will also be a military leader. The People of the Book will revert to Islam, and wealth will be super-abundant. Isa will break the cross, kill the swine, and personally slay Al-Dajjal. He will stay on Earth for a long time thereafter, and then die."
    "An animal will come and call people back to Islam." [A partial description of this animal is that it is very hairy, so much so that one will not be able to tell its front from its rear (Arabic: 'Dab-ba'). Reference to this animal is mentioned in the Qur'an.]
    "Gog and Magog (two hidden tribes of people) will break free of the dam that holds them back, and ravage the earth. They will drink all the water, and kill people until Allah sends against them a worm which will wipe them out." [This is roughly before/during the time of Isa, although it is not entirely clear.]
    "Three places in the world will sink and be swallowed up by the earth. One in the west, one in the east, and one in the Saudi Arabian peninsula." [This may refer to a series of giant, epic earthquakes.]
    "Fire will come from the area of Aden in Yemen, and sweep northwards." [There are claims that this already happened in some medevial event.]
    "The sun will rise from the west." [This description is not meant to be a symbolic one...but it is known that it is one of the last, if not the very last one before the following.]
    "Smoke will appear all over the earth which will cause believers to catch something similar to a slight cold, whereas the unbelievers will be hit harder by it. Finally, a cold wind will come and kill all believers, leaving only unbelievers on the earth who will then witness the LAST HOUR. The angel Israfil will blow a trumpet, and the resurrection of all human beings will begin." [At this point, the Day of Resurrection commences in which the skies and earth are destroyed by Allah.]
    This list is far from complete; there are many other signs. A couple more of interest are: Constantinople (Istanbul) will fall before Rome to Islam (note that this means Rome will indeed fall), and the Muslim political system will go from Prophetic leadership to a just Khilafah to a 'biting' authority to an oppressive authority and finally back to a just Khilafah. It seems that today we are in the next to last stage of this chain; now is a good time to actively work for the reestablishment of the Muslim state and Khilafah.
    Finally, the Prophet has said that when the Signs start to come, they will come FAST - like a string of beads falling one after the other.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flores Registered Senior Member

The Elevated Places
    [7.187] They ask you about the hour, when will be its taking place? Say: The knowledge of it is only with my Lord; none but He shall manifest it at its time; it will be momentous in the heavens and the earth; it will not come on you but of a sudden. They ask you as if you were solicitous about it. Say: Its knowledge is only with Allah, but most people do not know.

Sorry PM, but these are a bunch of balony Salami waste of time and if anything indication to the deterioration of Islamic studies....There are no signs to doomsday, Allah say that it will come on us but of a sudden. What benefit is it to humanity to indulge in forcasting doomsday??? What benefit is it to humanity to give lectures about signs of doomsday???? Who really care about this stupid forcasting? When dooms day comes, it will come, and whether we are ready or not, we'll find out....Noone knows when the hour will come....Each generation loves to comfort itself to the fact that they are the last people and that they can see the signs...for all I'm concerned, the hour may be now or 18 billion years from now, only god knows.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Live everyday as if it is your last day. Learn as if you are going to live for eternity.

The latter is much more easier.

The former is the real good thing that comes out of those doomsday prophecies.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flores Registered Senior Member

Very nice and here's how it goes.

1- A bunch of looser Sheikhs would like to have control.
    2- They draft a faulty dooms day signs scenario.
    3- They insert their plan as final stage.
    4- They brain wash others through lectures.
    5- They say, it's now a good time to actively work for the reestablishment of the Muslim State and Khilafah.
    6- This have nothing to do with Islam.
    7- This is about abusing islam to satisfy personal agendas.
    8- May all of those engaged in this rott in hell for selling Islam.

8. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Hey PM after the last day when the muslims are gone can I take over an abandoned camel ranch in saudi?

9. Flores Registered Senior Member

This is so ironical...while the muslims are dreaming about the last day and making their final plans, the jews are living on the prospect and hope that there is NO last day and that all judeo-christianity stuff are a hoax...Totally ironical and very explanatory to why modern world politics are the way it is.

10. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Flores you need to lighten up IT WAS A JOKE. I realize some here just throw emoticons into posts without rhyme or reason but when I put a wink in it means I am joking.

11. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

When all the muslims are gone Im sure the U.S. would be so quick as to grab all the oil fields for themselves. Hey Bush, please leave some for us poor filipinos!

12. Flores Registered Senior Member

Do I know you?
    Do you know me?
    Did we shoot the breeze before?
    Do we frequently PM each other and slap high fives after discussions?
    Have I ever used a smiley with you?

All the answers are NO, and on top of all that, I'm not laughing??? Which mean that you're laughing alone, so you must be laughing at me, or you could be totally crazy.

13. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Uhm, lighten up Flores. Cant you have some room for a bit of harmless humor? You dont need to know someone to share jokes with them.

Unless you found that joke quite offensive? I wonder in what sense it would be.

14. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Hey dont ask PM. He would be gone already. Ask Bush instead.

15. Flores Registered Senior Member

Fine

Are you happy now

16. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Unfortunately you are probably right Dr

17. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

You better watch that blood pressure flores maybe try some prozac if it isn't forbidden by allah

damn, sorry I did it again

18. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Anywho PM if you could be my "man on the inside" and email me right before it happens it would really help me get a jump on the crowd. I am sure some sort of amiable arrangment could be reached perhaps a few parting dua or something.

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

PM:

Is that your opinion, or the writer of the article you cut-and-pasted?

20. atheroy Registered Senior Member

Why do people persist in putting the most retarded lists about doomsday coming because of so called 'signs'. The signs listed above are uselessly generic; example- Saying an increase of earthquakes is indicative of the end of the world is so utterly ignorant it's not even funny.

At this point, the Day of Resurrection commences in which the skies and earth are destroyed by Allah
    Hmm, this sounds entirely like someone discribing a religious event at a time when people believed things like the earth being flat and the earth being the centre of the universe to be true. Get some real beliefs that are based in the world around you. This has to be my one major beef with any one religion; they are generally based purely off fantasy- not based off the world or universe we actually live in.

I can't understand the need to believe the end of the world; if anything islam and christianity are end of the world religions. How can you believe in such stupid, generic, retarded things PM? Seriously, the one I keep coming back to is earthquakes. Do a little geography buddy; tectonic plates, magma flows, convection currents. Ringing any bells?

21. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

It is my opinion as well that we are in the last stages.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What a load of bull.

23. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

PM you haven't responded to my post