Elsewhere in different topics we have discussed human lifespan, AI, travel to other solar systems. We use different ideas to solve certain issues. Here I am going to bring in a set of plausible assumptions. Then let the innovations begin.
1. In a few years (may be 25) we will have the most powerful computer the size of a sugar cube (~1cc).
2. Hopefully we will be able to interface and extend our brain to this device and hence increase our brain capacity same way we can use an exoskeleton today. We can implant this device below the ribcage.
3. By manipulating telomerase and other enzymes we can extend our life span to 300 years or more.
4. We can freeze a human cryogenically and be able to revive intact due to the computer implant. The implant is not an AI implant - the I is you.
5. We can regrow limbs or damage parts of our body using the implant which sends the signal to change and manipulate the cell division (differentiation).
6. In 100 years, we can drop (upload) our total memory to a cube computer as a back up with a sleep code so that you are not conscious in the cube. What for I do not know.
7. Nanotechnology can build any protein or small components if raw material is available.
8. You can store the entire knowledge of the human race in a computer the size of a coke can
9. you will know how DNA works and what sequence does what and how it is related.
10. You will know which planets are habitable by humans within 10 light years distance
11. You do not have FTL travel or warp drive yet.
12. Even though we have the most powerful computers, AIs are not quite there yet. They are at the level of a six year old child with no emotions. No temper tantrum.
What can you do with this knowledge?
The usuals are easy, Give me a little time for enovation.
In search of Immortality
You guys are having waaay too much fun here. But I'll beam aboard as soon as I finish my work on the new positronic brain design. Unfortunately my imminent 3 week trip to Europe might interrupt my negotiations with you. It is also a pity that the strato-liner is not operational and I have to take archaic conventional flights instead.
Switching myself off now.
As a major contributer we shall miss your input. Enjoy your trip, I hope it is everything you anticipate.
Personally I don't want to be uploaded, or even live for 300 years even if my quality of life is great. I figure if I pull of 100 I've done my part. I don't want to get greedy with life, the way I see it Earth will be needing the extra space. It would also be weird to see three centuries of history. How much could we adapt? People in their eighties still think the Beatles are a bunch of noise, just imagine if they heard Eminem! I think I may be appalled at seeing the world in the 24th century and being born in the 20th century. Just my opinion. Anyway, I'd like to see heaven by the end of this century.
Assuming that I go to heaven...
P.S. Have a good trip to Europe, Cris. Talk to you in August, enjoy.
Did anybody read the post of Kadeth? It had an excellent article of the downloaded personnality.
You raised a fascinating point. You would rather go to heaven than stay here for 300 years. Assuming you go to heaven, can you tell me what you will do there for eternity.
Could you tell me how you want to pass your days for the first thousand years. Your comments have a relevance to my topic. So, please feel free to explain in detail your daily life in heaven. Assume that everything you wanted will be there (after all, it is heaven - no limits)
If any readers out there are interested, please post your version of what you will do in heaven (assume you will go there someday) and how long you want to stay there.
Got the answer ...
Become a Moslem first, then become a terrorist, then volunteer to blow yourself up along with whoever!
That should solve the problem kmguru referred to ... You'll have umteen vestal virgins to play around with for eternity!
Our young friend may not get it. By the way, it is serious stuff - but no body talks about it (The attribute of a Moslem Terrorist i.e.)
Hell, I just did ...
Can't help it if everyone else is too PC to lay it on the line.
Except maybe HOWARD.