By His wounds we are healed

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by WildBlueYonder, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  2. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard one woman died of a heart attack while watching it.

3. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  4. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Careful Spidergoat, someone will twist that into somekind of religious propaganda

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

5. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  6. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

\

Darn it. Holy Ghost Killed her!

Hey Rando, did you feel any holy feelings while watching the movie?

7. Q25 Registered Senior Member

I liked "Jesus Christ superstar"better!
    mostly b/c of the great music.

this movie is just Mel Gibsons (himself being great JC worshiper) proselytizing Xianity,me thinks.
    now THAT doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

8. Bells Staff Member

The only way someone is going to get me into a theater to see that movie is if I were bound and gagged and carried in. And believe me I'd still be struggling all the way.

As for the woman who had a heart attack while watching it, one should make sure that she wasn't scared or threatened by a weiner holding a stake on a chain (sold outside the theater for those twits who wish to experience the crucifix by driving it into their own wrists to escape the pain of the movie) trying to rob her of her gold crucifix. What some people will do to get out of a movie

9. Ellimist "Nothing of consequence." Registered Senior Member

Yes, a woman here (in Kansas), Wichita to be precise, suffered a seizure and a heart attack and died during the scene where the nails were being nailed into Jesus's hands and feet...

Now, the problem with this is that there are hundreds of death every year in america that happen during movie showings... this is just the media blowing things out of proportion again.

10. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

How does it end?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

~Raithere

11. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

What about the millions+ other people that died in the exact same way jesus did?(often merely to be made an example of)
    Did their deaths in anyway assist in the saving of our souls?
    I just don't get it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  12. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

What made Jesus' crucifixion significant wasn't the event itself - that was just the form His death took - it was who was crucified, and why...

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's just another whitewash over the true teachings of Jesus, who was not about blood sacrifice for sin, but peace, love, and compassion. Christianity not only has little to do with Jesus, but has, in fact, emerged as a social response countering the radical teachings and lifestyle originally promoted by Jesus.

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Well said!

15. Flores Registered Senior Member

I wish they could play for us the conversation between god and Jesus....It would go sort of like this.

Jesus: God, those bastards don't want to listen.
    God: Keep trying son.
    Jesus: I can't take it no more god, they're a hopeless case of ignorance
    God: Fine, I have arranged for the escape route. On the ninth hour, wait for my sign and I'll get you the hell out of here.
    Jesus: But god, what is going to happen to these idiots
    God: They will all rott in hell.
    Jesus (aloud): But god, please forgive them, they're stupid and don't know the consequences of their stupidity
    God: Alright son, I'm going to stop time right now, while I lift you up to me. They'll think that they are crucifying you in their dreams, but three days later when I wake them up, the fools will find out that you no longer exist in the same grave that they thought they had locked you up in.
    Jesus: Thanks lord, and please don't forsake me no more for a bunch of loosers.

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Flores

I urge you to work on the sequel for The Passion of the Christ. I beg of you because that tidbit right there was awe aspiring writing.

17. Eddie Registered Senior Member

Being more sensitive than most when witnessing another human being being violently afflicted with pain, I won't be able to sit through this movie.

That a woman died of a heart attack while watching it doesn't surprise me but I am surprised that lightning struck people three times on location during the filming. The assistant director was hit twice via his umbrella and J.C. (the actor who played Jesus Christ) was hit directly. According to witnesses, the lightning exited J.C. via his ears and he walked away unharmed...!!!???

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It is quite possible that jesus died for the Jews. If he didn't give himself up, the Romans might well have massacred all the Jews in Judea. It is also possible that it was not Jesus who was crucified, but his twin brother, Judas, who is mentioned in original greek versions of the Gospel of Thomas. That would explain later sightings of Jesus, and the origin of the myth of resurrection.

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I feel certain that there were "later sightings of Jesus." I also believe he is buried in Southern France. There are just too many "clues" that would indicate this. For example, there are some village/town names in Southern France (Septimania = "seven heads" of Revelations), Carcasonne = "body of the Son", Arques = "Ark," etc..

20. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Well, i don't want to ruing the ending... but let's just say it has a surprise twist.

Also, unlike most movies, the movie is better than the book.

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Olberman already tried on The Countdown. It was ... rather sick.

22. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

where did rando go? please do not scare him from your weird reviews. He asked an honest question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.