Does Bible code proves the existence of God or aliens-good question for ATHEISTS!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Gravage, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Gravage Registered Senior Member

I've seen so much talking about Bible code-how truthul it is,it was discovered 3000 years ago.It has predicted every major event in the history,from 3000 years from now.
    Does this proofs God exists,or aliens visited the Earth or,to write the history of this planet?
    I wonder what ATHEISTS say about this!
    Any of theistic and atheistic opinions is welcome.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

First, I'm not an atheist, and I am a borderline theist. I haven't read the Bible code, but I do believe aliens visited Earth in the beginning and we are hybrids of that visit. Perhaps aliens were here all along. I don't know. From what I know about evolution, it suddenly (in evolutionary years) stopped with the Neanderthals, and we branched off. It is still not truly clear how the Neanderthals died out. Some theories say it was their diet. Other theories say their inclusion of protein in their diets caused an autoimmune disease that killed them off. I think that the "sons of God" interbred with the "daughters of men" to create Home sapiens sapiens (the wise man). I don't necessarily think aliens visited Earth to write a history of this planet, but we acquired more brain power. I like to think what if aliens didn't visit? What if we just evolved from the Neanderthals? Where would we be now? Probably still foraging for food in the forests and on the savanna. Therefore, some higher intelligence gave us the instinctive ability to survive in a more modern world that we created. Because of this hybridization, we are truly God-like. If we hadn't become hybrids, I doubt that we would be the God-like creatures called the human race. Man is still in the last days of creation--not literally 'days' in the exact sense of the word but as many eons as it takes to evolve from Homo sapiens sapiens to Homo spirtus.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

You'll have to site some references and prove that it has A. predicted events for 3000 years and B. that it is an honest means and not just predictibility through an infinite amount of numbers and an infinite amount of patterns. Please site references before anything can be determined.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gravage Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Does Bible code proves the existence of God or aliens-good question for ATHEISTS!

Well,I do believe more in evolution than the aliens visited Earth and left their DNA to make us,I truly doubt.My best friend told me that they have discovered disseappered "man-monkey" somwhere in Etiopia,two weeks ago.That man-monkey how they call it was the missing link between neanderthals and homosapiens.

8. Gravage Registered Senior Member

No.no,you got it all wrong...

Or actually,I wrote it wrong,I was trying to say these historical events,like Kennedy being murdered,Shoemakere-Levy's collision with the Jupiter,and etc.,most of this major events were predicted in the Bible code.Big sorry for misqouting.The big question is:Who wrote the Bible code???

9. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Does Bible code proves the existence of God or aliens-good question for ATHEISTS!

All three are absolutely true.
    Speak for yourself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Does Bible code proves the existence of God or aliens-good question for ATHEISTS!

This would be an interesting find if it is true. I expect that there would be some evidence of the link between Neanderthals and Homo sapiens sapiens, but I believe they, too, died out.

11. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Utter bs. There is nothing of merit in such 'codes'. One simply invents a random process of 'decoding' one text into another text. The problem is that one can literally translate one text into any other text of equal or shorter length (assuming we are doing a letter to letter translation). Likewise the 'predictions' are generally determined after the event which means they are not predictions at all. One therefore looks to specifically decode a specific event, such as Kennedy's assassination, and lo-and-behold... one finds a method of doing so. Not in the least bit impressive.

http://www.csicop.org/si/9711/bible-code.html
    http://www.onthenet.com.au/~winckle/biblecode.htm
    http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mbiblecode.html

~Raithere

12. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Not only the bible can predict the future. Any large book (dictionary, novel, etc.) will do the same.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The bible code was applied to <i>Moby Dick</i> and a whole lot of predictions were extracted. According to a hidden message in <i>Moby Dick</i>, extracted using the bible code, the bible is hogwash.

<b>Medicine*Woman:</b>

<i>I haven't read the Bible code, but I do believe aliens visited Earth in the beginning and we are hybrids of that visit.</i>

Why do you believe that?

<i>From what I know about evolution, it suddenly (in evolutionary years) stopped with the Neanderthals, and we branched off.</i>

No. It is true that there were differences between modern Homo sapiens and Neanderthals, but recent evidence seems to indicate that there was interbreeding to some extent. Evolution didn't stop at any stage. Homo sapiens is still an evolving species - just like everything else.

<i>I think that the "sons of God" interbred with the "daughters of men" to create Home sapiens sapiens (the wise man). I don't necessarily think aliens visited Earth to write a history of this planet, but we acquired more brain power.</i>

Wishing doesn't make it so. I assume you have evidence for your rather unorthodox view... (?)

<i>Therefore, some higher intelligence gave us the instinctive ability to survive in a more modern world that we created.</i>

In fact, a lot of studies indicate that we are not very well adapted to the modern world we have created. Witness, for example, the percentage of Americans who are obese.

<i>Because of this hybridization, we are truly God-like.</i>

Hubris. We're no more like a God than a worm is like God.

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Does Bible code proves the existence of God or aliens-good question for ATHEISTS!

That's you belief not mine.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Medicine*Woman:

<i>The way I interpret the "sons of god" passage is that we were visited by an alien race.</i>

Passage from where? A religious text (bible, Qu'ran)?

<i>We are still in the last days of creation.</i>

That sounds like a religious belief, too. What makes you think that?

<i>I'm not "wishing" anything. It's out of my control! All the evidence I have on the subject I have read or seen on documentaries.</i>

Hmmm...

<i>Discovery Channel had a really good three part series on evolution a while back. Not the recent one that was moderated by Alec Baldwin. At the end of the third segment where they talked about modern man, they actually indicated that we were visited by a race of higher intelligent beings.</i>

That seems highly unlikely in a programme on evolution.

<i>We don't plow the fields anymore, we sit behind computers all day.</i>

Yes. In other words, we're better adapted for plowing fields than for our modern computer world. You'd expect the opposite if hyper-advanced aliens had visited us and altered our DNA, don't you think?

And what's so God-like about human beings? I'm interested to hear your views.

16. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I cant believe I waded through all this sillyness to get here.

1. The bible "code" is not a code at all, its metod essentialy consists of plucking random letters out of the bible to spell out statements that would be prophetic.

2. The bible "code" works with novles, telephone books, VCR manuals and bus tickets as well.

3. The bible "code" is not 3000 years old, it was "discovered" when some dopes started running the text of the bible through computerized search programs, having the computer read the bible through a hojillion times picking out letters in a hojillion different odd patterns. Using this method you can spell out propecys of any event in history.

17. wayne_92587 Registered Senior Member

18. wayne_92587 Registered Senior Member

Hybrid Man, he and she, a Singularity

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Hybrid Man, he and she, a Singularity

20. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I find it shocking that people actually buy into this. It reminds me of those christians that took the words "and i shall fill your mouths with gold" from the bible, too literally. They then went around saying god had given them golden fillings. Anyone can read anything they want from a sentence. However, under scrutiny, wishful deciphering of texts fall apart.

As for evolution....

I feel it pertinent to state that human dna is 98.4% identical to chimp dna. We have tail bone leftovers that would imply we once had tails, we have wisdom teeth and goose pimples which imply we were once tree dwelling, tough food eating, hairy things

That's what the evidence suggests.

21. Nehushta Registered Senior Member

I don't think the bible code proves anything, although it may be counted as evidence that our descendents eventually discover time travel.

22. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Mmmm, how come bible codes are in English???

Hans

23. Nehushta Registered Senior Member

Uh, they're not. Actually, they're in Hebrew, and as far as I'm aware, they've only been verified to exist in the original book of Genesis. The best book I've ever read on this subject was "Cracking the Bible Code," by Jeffrey Satinover, MD. Of course, he has a different belief than I do about why they exist, given that he's Jewish and all, but he really helps the reader to understand why this shouldn't necessarily be attributed to chance.