how many hours can you go w/o sleep?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by valentino, Sep 24, 2003.

1. valentino Registered Senior Member

I'm approaching hour thirty, but this isn't nearly the longest I've stayed up in the past few months. Isn't there an hour also when you completely crack up and everything is funny and you are no longer tired, or is it just me?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

At one time you no longer feel sleepy or tired. thats peace before storm. when you fall asleep irresistably, you are dead asleep.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valentino Registered Senior Member

or just dead, really dead, this is what I am afraid is going to happen one of these days

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

unless you forcibly keep yourself up ; even then i doubt whether you would be dead. what for you are up, btw.?!

8. valentino Registered Senior Member

i had a test to study for, then i decided to go to grocery store and then i had to work, and now i'm in school again...i just didn't have time to sleep. I'll definitely hit the sack after Computer Science though.

9. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

sleep is a must if you want to write the test with refreshed brain. All the best.

10. river-wind Valued Senior Member

I did 36 hours once. I could have gone to bed around 34 hours, but I was so close at that point, I force myself to stay up the extra 2 -just for the sake of being able to say "36 hours". I was on the verge of hallucinations by the time I crashed, and I slept soundly for 14 hours afterwards. My roomate thought I was dead, because normally I'm a light sleeper, but he came in my room, talked to me, kicked me, and I didn't move. He called a friend over, freaking out, but when the friend arived, I rolled over and told them to get the hell out of my room

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

I used to pull 36 hour days constantly.

After staying awake for 20 hours I begin to feel really tired and will crave for sleep untill about the 30th hour, then I'll feel stop feeling the effects of sleeplessness and am able to stay up for extended periods of time.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What did I just do

Okay, Friday morning at 9:30 .... Sunday morning at 3:30. What is that, 42 hours? One of my better runs, and I just pulled it off last weekend, so it turns out I'm not as rusty as I had thought.

13. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I regularly do about 40 hours because of work. Then I take a day off

There was some radio show host that they kept up for 5 days (i think 5). Everybody said he was completely different when he came out of it.

14. Tyler Registered Senior Member

74 hours. While I was in Italy. Around the third day you actually do slightly hallucinate. More than that though, you just completely loose control of your mind. There were many, many times I'd say something, someone would ask me to repeat, and when I 'repeated' they'd tell me what I said the first time was 100% different. Also, the metaphors and allusions I was making made absolutely zero sense. It sounded more like I was on acid than a lack of sleep.

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

This isn't the longest I've been up, but spring last year, I stayed up for over 30 hours.
    It was around my 24th hour that I had to interview somebody. On the way to work, throught the entire 30 min drive I was barely keeping myself awake.
    It's a miracle I didn't crash because throughout the whole trip I kept falling into a state so close to sleep that I was driving without being consciously aware of what was happening around me.

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

16 hours is my record

heheheheheheh....you caffeine addicts make me laugh

17. Heh . . .

I have gone without sleep for 16 or 18 maybe.

18. ScrollMaker I Make Scrolls Registered Senior Member

I love sleep so much that after staying up for 24 hours I will just fall to the ground asleep no matter what I'm doing.

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I've done 36 quite a few times but without fail around the 36 hour mark I just totally pass out.
    I've fallen asleep standing up before and another time in the middle of a busy road

hahaha I should be dead aahahahahahaha lol
    .... aaaah
    Anyway, I think I could stay up longer if I had more money/"fuel" if you know what I mean.
    I know people that have gone a week, they are impossible to talk to towards the end of those runs.

20. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

my records 52 hours with cafien asistence.
    45 without.

insomnia runs in the family. me n my mom keep eachother company when the rest of the house sleeps.

21. Rick Valued Senior Member

15 hours thirty minutes studying hard without taking bath or eating food! that was during Fifth Semester Exam.

bye!

22. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

my record is about 50. I was definitly halucinating and had trouble paying attention to anything people said.

23. ericfost Registered Senior Member

15, 16 hours? You have to be kidding me, thats how long most people stay up everyday. So your telling me the least amount of sleep you've gotten in a 24 hour period is 8 hours? That's the average amount most people get; you're telling me you've never gone over that?