Strangely Distant Lucidity

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by //drift, Sep 20, 2003.

1. //drift I've Seen it. . .It's Rubbish Registered Senior Member

Last night I had a dreamtime first, for me anyway. I remember believing that I had just managed to turn lucid in a dream. At some undefinable point my surroundings became perfectly detailed and realistic and my senses were all fully opened as in usual consensus reality. There I realised I was lucid, and I was dreaming and so tried to do unusual things[I was just wandering the streets of my hometown on a dull, wet afternoon]. It took a huge amount of concentration as I felt like I was battling hard against waking up, but I know I managed to 'will' a football into my hands from the ground, fall over backwards and hover millimetres above a wet road, and shoot a cashier with a 'willed' handgun.

Other than these things everything about the dream seemed extremely.. well.. lucid, with no other differences to my waking life. The town, feelings, weather and people seemed normally real (Or ABnormally, considering this was in a dream). I then lost my already weak grasp of things and woke up...I was lying on the road which I had hovered above, with the same people around me etc, but felt fully aware that I had woken. I managed to sleep there on the spot and return to lucidity a couple of more times, making comments to a nearby friend each time I woke up.

I took me really waking up to realise I hadnt at all, and the lucid dreaming had been based on sleep WITHIN another dream which I mistook for reality. I had Dreamt that I had had a lucid dream, and Dreamt that I had woken up from it.
    This just gives me a

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What the HELL??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

kind of a feeling. It felt creepy yet intruiging seeing as it's like i went through two layers to reach lucidity.
    Would you say this was actual lucidity???
    Have you ever heard of this happening, or ever had it happen to you?

I really hope this happens again, I'm interested now.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It sounds pretty cool man, nonetheless.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.