A Metaphysical loss - Dr. Elisabeth Targ, "Distant Healing" researcher, dead at 40

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tiassa, Aug 30, 2003.

?

Distant healing ...?

1. Absolutely impossible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Doesn't seem possible at present

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Future research will prove enlightening

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I have been healed by prayer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I have the power!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Immediate Release: "A metaphysical loss - the passing of Dr. Elisabeth Targ"

The Office of the Tiassa has just recently learned of the passing of Dr. Elisabeth Targ, whose work has in the past been presented at Sciforums in considerations of "Distant Healing", or healing by prayer.

Following is an obituary notice from the Institute of Noetic Sciences:
    Dr. Targ presented some of her findings and ideas related to distant healing in Noetic Sciences Review #49 (Aug. - Nov., 1999), which article is still available online through IoNS.

Dr. Targ's work touches on a difficult field of much importance to humanity. The Institute of Noetic Sciences, in their IONS Review, in the same issue, sought methodology and proposals for experiments leading to a quantification of the physical properties of thought; while this office has never heard of those experiments being performed, or seen the results of them, the question is a valuable one, for even psychiatrists and neurologists don't have a straight answer to the physical properties of thought.

In this sense, Dr. Targ's passing brings sadness. I did not know Dr. Targ personally, but I did find important ideas in that of her work to which I was exposed. And while healing by prayer seems to most either a ludicrous violation of reality or else a miracle of their chosen God, Dr. Targ's research is essentially the slightest hint of an iceberg: if we come to understand the physical properties of thought merely in order to endorse the prayer-healers or officially recant them, well ... at least we will have come to understand the physical properties of thought.

Drink up, dreamers ....

Noetic discussion: Power of Prayer and Healing, discussing the work of Dr. Elisabeth Targ.

"ETarg", an Elisabeth Targ dot-org is not available as this goes to press: http://www.etarg.org