Was a pair of mules on Noah's Ark?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by daktaklakpak, Aug 30, 2003.

1. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Did god creat mule? or man did?

Was it from male donkey + female horse or male horse + female donkey, or both?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. coolsoldier Registered Senior Member

Whether God created the mule or not, it was certainly not man. The mule seems to be one of those instances where nature is too complex for our classification systems.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

A succesful hybrid, such as mule, shows that horse and donkey are closely related. Evolution explains that they both have a common ancestor. How does Creation explain that? Why mules can't have offspring? Are they the work of devil?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well ....

Are we accepting, then, that there is no scientific answer?

I found an abstract with the simple piece of information I wanted: "Comparative Testis Morphometry and Seminiferous Epithelium Cycle Length in Donkeys and Mules"
    Or I can just point y'all to "Fertility in Mules", or to the BBC article that page offers, Morocco's miracle mule confirmed" ... anything's possible.
    Since there's no actual organization to this post, I'll stop now.

Note: I have to remember to let Google do the work for me. At one point I had "mule reproduction -deer -clone" for my search term and then I just though, "Drokk it!" and entered "where do mules come from". Sometimes I amaze myself by forgetting the simple route.

8. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

thinking of deer while typing "mule reproduction" is a circuitous route indeed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well ... you know how it goes ....

Without subtracting "deer" from the results, I came up with a mass of links on mule deer. And then I came up with a mass of links on the cloned mule in Idaho.

And then ....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean, I shouldn't have had to rely on "comparative testis morphometry" at that point ....