America in the Dead Sea Scrolls

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by dan6989, Aug 28, 2003.

1. dan6989 Registered Member

I have discovered dates, names, and events that link the original American Woodstock festival of 1969 and at least one of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Woodstock was originally to be held in Wallkill, NY on 8/15, 16 & 17/69, but the people their protested. So, Woodstock ended up being held in Bethel, NY on 8/15, 16 & 17/69. I Kings ch. 12 in Bible tells about another sinful festival held in Bethel on 8/15(I know the Hebrew calendar and the one America uses today are different. I am sure God knows too). The original author of about 100 B.C. interpreted several Bible verses in this particular scroll. One of those Bible verses interpreted is Micah 2;11. In my modern Catholic translation Bible(although I grew up in a Catholic family, I do not believe in all of the Catholic Church's teachings), Micah 2;11 reads, "If one acting on impulse should make the futile claim: "I pour you wine and strong drink as my prophecy," then he would be the prophet of this people." Concerning this verse, the scroll author writes about a, "follower of the wind, one who raised storms and rained down lies, had preached to them(Mic. 2;11), against all of whose assembly the anger of God was kindled." At Woodstock Joe Cocker sang, "Lets Go Get Stoned" and then, "With A Little Help From My Friends." Just seconds after Joe was finished singing it began to rain. There was no rain forcasted for that day. In my view, the two songs give a negative and a positive message and therefore constitute a following of the wind. Proof of these and other connections can be found at my site. http://www.woodstockanddeadseascrolls.net/ To help convey my train of thought about these connections, I make no attempt to make money from my site or the subject matter. One of the main messages of the connections, is that the 'hippies' and a little later the 'Jesus freaks' touched on what God really wants for us, but the scoffers and the 'yuppies' diverted them with drugs and words of doubt.

MAIN REFERENCES

Woodstock the Oral History, by Joel Makower

Dead Sea Scrolls in English, by Geza Vermes

The New American Catholic Translation Bible

Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dan6989 Registered Member

No questions? No complaints?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Agent Smith Registered Senior Member