What are they doing at Area 51???

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by ElectricFetus, Aug 19, 2003.

?

1. Testing advanced but conventional aircraft (Stealth invisibility, Aurora, UCD, ect)

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Testing radical but still manmade (Anti-gravity, Inertia drives, radical energy sources, ect)

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Testing technologies based off alien technologies (Alien bodies, Alien UFOs,ect)

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Burning toxic waste and doing other illegal things free from federal prosecution.

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Something even wackier... (explain below!)

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

i would think they arnt doing anything there anymore because really the whole idea behind it was that its supposed to be a secret base, well now everyone knows, goes there with the kids and takes pictures. If they have a brain in thier heads then they know not to keep doing the stuff that required a super secret base there anymore and moved it to some location that every yahoo dosnt know about.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dinokg Registered Senior Member

I heard something about moving alot of the projects to a new base in Colorado or Utah. This was because the base was both well known and the base is still partialy radioactive from the old atom bomb tests.

But I think there is still some things going on there and I think they are a mixture of all the things that are in the poll.
    And the whole burning toxic waste and so forth is probably happening because the president has exempt Area 51 from environmental regulations so the waste products wouldn't give away any secrets. Also the guards there are allowed to use lethal force if anyone gets to close to the base so its still fairly secret.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

i clicked something wackier because there was no part on the poll that said "abso-friggin-lutely nothing"

8. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I read that there is a base in the middle of nowhere not too far away from Area 51, where they do all the strange stuff. Area 51 is just a decoy, but the UFO sightings are coming from the other base.

9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I think that they are still testing the Aurora there... it's about the only place that the general public can be kept far enough away that provides relatively isolated locality to continue such a project. The site that accompanies Area 51 (which is an Atomic Energy Commission designation) at the Groom Lake base is Site 4, or so I believe. My ex-wife used to work for a major defense contractor years ago... the one that has Fred Haise, the retired astronaut, as a CEO/COO/Vice-pres of something.

She worked in the accounting department and the quarterly bill for Site 4 was the largest she'd ever seen. Or so she said. She was a bit psychotic, so anything is possible <Grin>.

Still, I was watching Charlie Rose the other night and he was interviewing Tom Clancy who stated that he spoke with a Senator who was a member of a committee (Senate Arms?) that relayed to him that a particular aircraft existed that wasn't supposed to. Rose pressed him for more information, but Clancy only said, "it goes really fast."

Clancy is a hoot. Strange, but I like him. I think he was talking about Aurora. The UFO believers will see something else entirely.......

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

if the Aurora exist then the technological spin-offs (when the technology is released to NASA) of scramjet propulsion would revolutionize the space industry.

11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Not a clue. It doesn't appear to be entire craft anymore. Seems they just do basic research there... althought it'll be advanced basic research

12. ArcticChill2k3 Registered Senior Member

people say its closed and moved, but i don't believe them.

13. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

you should have put up a option for all above of the above

14. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Most likely testing aircraft. Didnt the Sr-Blackbird originate from there? Well, it would be execlent if the government came out to the public about the stuff that goes on there. That day may never come......Bummer

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

yes SR-71 did first come from Area51, and so did the U2 and F117 stealth fighter. All of which don't seem to have any alien technology.

16. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

I picked "Something even Wackier" because I didn't have an option to say that they are working on secretive projects without specifying what kind. They are certanly up to SOMETHING out there, but who knows what it is.

17. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

The SR-71 and F-117 were researched and produced at Lockheed Skunkworks, in California. Where is your proof they came from Area 51?

18. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

So did I

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hans