Thread: The Show Your Paintings/Drawings/Images Thread

until the end of the world greenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Perhaps it just means an existence. Who cares in the end?
    I care. I engage with art on a daily basis, and I communicate with others about it.
    I invest a substantial amount of time and energy into art. So I am naturally interested in the engagement between myself and art, and others and art.

Registered Senior Member
    A t-shirt I made a few years back, I saw it on the cover of a comics magazine

and another one from a vinyl cover

Quote Originally Posted by lucifers angel View Post
    it puts it in order, but whenever i look at them, i never see the same thing twice.
    ::think:: It puts things in order, but she never sees the same thing twice... So. Order is not static? Order is fluid? Order bends and flows with... progression? What's another word for progression? Not necessarily positive progression? Circumstance? A point of view that alters with circumstance? Interesting. Concepts, LA, concepts to work with. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by greenberg View Post
    I care. I engage with art on a daily basis, and I communicate with others about it.
    I invest a substantial amount of time and energy into art. So I am naturally interested in the engagement between myself and art, and others and art.
    Oh, that's hardly fair! Didn't I tell you I left art because I couldn't stand art school and art people? How you must have smiled... Anyway, yeah, I deleted that last post because I realized I wasn't talking about art but about my perspective—inotherwords, I didn't feel like shouldering such a huge responsibility for an art world that I truly feel estranged from. I also got a bit strange towards the end of that post and the following morning I couldn't quite place myself—one of those mornings when you really don't feel like explaining anything, even to oneself.

Repley...your' cheating, you are constantly changing that picture Lucifer quoted and updating it. Now it does look like art.

same shit, differant day!! lucifers angel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by draqon View Post
    Repley...your' cheating, you are constantly changing that picture Lucifer quoted and updating it. Now it does look like art.

i knew i wasn't going mad thanks draqon!

until the end of the world greenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Anyway, yeah, I deleted that last post because I realized I wasn't talking about art but about my perspective—inotherwords, I didn't feel like shouldering such a huge responsibility for an art world that I truly feel estranged from.
    Can one ever talk about anything but one's own perspective?
    And yet, on the other hand - How can there possibly be such a thing as "one's own perspective", when, in order to communicate successfully, one must use a common, shared discourse?
    Is there anything inbetween these two?

Quote Originally Posted by greenberg View Post
    Can one ever talk about anything but one's own perspective?
    And yet, on the other hand - How can there possibly be such a thing as "one's own perspective", when, in order to communicate successfully, one must use a common, shared discourse?
    Is there anything inbetween these two?
    I had literally and reluctantly lost contact with the art world, grew new roots in a different world, and consequently no longer felt an allegiance with the old world.

But the end product derived from making art doesn't include how one came about in approaching art, right? Unless of course you were privy to the artist's studio—and only if the artist was social and kept groupies. But there are people out there who have no one to witness them.

However, I agree, when art is all dashed up and ready to hang, it becomes a universal language open to debate with a whole different psychology. Suddenly the world "owns" it—even if it had disowned its author.

Interplanetary homesteader domesticated om's Avatar
    Currently experiencing artist's block. If anybody has any suggestions on things I should add to this, let me know

...work in progress (abstract tree)

Technically, this thread should be merged with the Picture Contest thread.
    Any objections?

Perhaps I should retitle that thread and edit the initial post to signify the altered scope of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by invert_nexus View Post
    Technically, this thread should be merged with the Picture Contest thread.
    Any objections?

Perhaps I should retitle that thread and edit the initial post to signify the altered scope of the thread.
    Me personally, I'm not trying to "compete" with anybody, but if the contest thread is intended as more of an exposé, then I have no objections

It's original purpose was a short term contest, but it long ago poured over the dike on that limitation.

LOL --- just browsed through that thread ---- Hapsburg and Sgt. Lard have some interesting stuff.

You all know there is no contest, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir665 View Post
    You all know there is no contest, right?
    you do know the purpose of life is undefined? right?

Fear me, for I am Death. DanceAndExplode's Avatar
    i drew this when i was 15.

emo kid'o, you got more human-drawing art skills than I do

Fear me, for I am Death. DanceAndExplode's Avatar
    hmm are you saying im the emo kiddo.. or the pic?? lol
    and thank you
    i did it like 2 years ago when i was bored on a long car trip haha

Quote Originally Posted by inzomnia View Post
    Here is my attempt to depict Izaku, a character in Japanese manga Kanata Kara.
    Very nice start on anime work.