A question about the deaths of babies

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by mgwisni, Jul 23, 2003.

1. mgwisni Registered Member

I'm sort of new with Christianity and I have a question. I had a brother who died after living for 2 days in the hospital. I have heard that for you to go to heaven you have to believe that Christ is the savior. My brother had no way of ever learning that. Did he go to heaven?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flores Registered Senior Member

First, I'm so sorry about your baby brother, and I hope your mother found the courage to deal with such tragedy.

In the muslim faith, each soul is judged based on what it has earned of good and bad. We don't believe in the original sin. God tells us that our soul at birth is pure and it's us that keep it pure or screw it up. Your brother have a pure soul that had no chance to get tarnished and so he's a resident of heaven.

In christianity with the believe in the original sin, each baby would be a sin that must be purified through acceptance of Jesus. The logic of christianity really fails the babies, the sick, and the mentally ill.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Drakkon Registered Member

The logic of the crusaders who try to convert me is a bit different.

Jesus will personally see that the babies and metally ill persons don't suffer in Hell. For too long.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Marigny Registered Senior Member

that goes for me too,

I'm sorry too, my condolences.

from what i believe, is that a babys life is brought into a sort of "cocoon"and is loved generously, until he/she is brought back into the world around 15-45 years. I'm not accurate but it's something about reincarnation and although i don't actually believe in reincarnation, it's nice to know that they are taken good care of.

8. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Mormons believe similarly. No original sin, if anyone's getting that one on his head, it's Adam. Children are not accountable for thier sins until the age of accountability, eight years. If you die before then, you go ot heaven. Condolences.

9. Flores Registered Senior Member

Mormons, Jehova Wittnesses, and nondenominationals have always been my favorite type of christians.