For serious religion posters...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Fafnir665, Jul 13, 2003.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

It would be a good idea to read this :

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25499

Not only would this clean up a lot of the freeposting, it would push debates in religion to a new level as points of view are presented clearly, and it becomes more obvious who supports what.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

I find animated avatars distracting.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: For serious religion posters...

Maybe I should have stated constructive feedback, are you for or against the idea? Would you participate?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

Which idea would that be: ... team debates? ... color-coded teams? ... distracting avatars?

8. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

What do you think? Are you trying to be an asshole? It should be obvious to any clearminded individual what was meant.

9. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

Sorry - I was distracted by the silly avatar.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Faf,

Personally I don’t like or enjoy team games or team efforts. I like individuality.

But in Religion there are natural teams, e.g. atheists, Christians, agnostics, Muslims. The reality is that those with similar philosophies naturally support each other. I don’t see any need to impose an additional layer, at least not in Religion. Other forums have less of a clear cut boundary between the players.

11. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Thats not the point, this wouldn't be imposing anything on anyone. The point would be to have teams which people could join, and have those teams challenge each other. Individual threads, not related to teams, would not be discouraged. It would just be a way to add some alternatives to posting, kind of like the debate team in high school.

12. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Yeah I'm with Cris. We already have teams. There are teams on any subject really be it predefined as with political parties or religious persuasions, or be it given a polarity to any issue as with gm foods or movie tastes. Moreover such a structure would be cumbersome.

13. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I suggest you re-read the original thread in free thoughts

14. CHRISCUNNINGHAM The Ethereal Paradigm Registered Senior Member

The problem with this idea is it will get you nowhere. ESPECIALLY in religion. You see when it comes to religion, and even politics, people don't care what other people have to say, and what other people think. They are set in their beliefs, and do not deviate from these beliefs. Not even slightly. What they believe is the only thing that is correct, for if it weren't they wouldn't believe it to begin with. Therefore you will only have a colorful forum, rather than a meaningful/unprecedented debate.

15. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: For serious religion posters...

I like bouncing bananas.

16. Flores Registered Senior Member

I agree with Cris, although I see a potential idea where once in a while the moderator can pick a controversial topic and host a team debate to settle things out.....Not all the time though, maybe twice a year or so.

17. Lewd, bouncing Bananas . . .

You have my approbation and encouragement, World Serpent Fafnir!

18. Jeremy Imagine Registered Senior Member

Great idea

I will start a new thread, using your suggestions. It will either start the ball rolling or not. If you think it is pointless, do not post in my 'debate' thread . If you like it, well, jump in - the water is fine.

Now as far as the avatar thingy................Are you lookin' at me? Are YOU LOOKIN' at ME!?.......hey it's looking at me.