Arguement from, "I told you so"

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Jasper, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Jasper Registered Member

Arguments about the existence or non-existence of god fall into a limited number of categories.
    I'll list some obvious ones first, then ask for input about the category I care about most.

1. The argument from, First Cause.
    If god created the universe, who created god?
    2. The argument from, Evil.
    If god is benevolent, why dos HE allow evil to continue to exist?
    3. The argument from, Practicality.
    Do societies full of religion like Iran and Isreal function better than societies with only a little religion like Sweden and Holland?
    4. The argument from, Majority Rule.
    If a billion people believe in in Santa Clause, doesn't that make Santa more real than if only a million believed it?
    5. Add your favorite argument here _________.

Now, the argument that I am puting up for discussion is the one I call,
    "The argument from, 'I told you so'".

I am an atheist. If I am traveling a busy highway with a Christian or Muslim, etc. in my car and we both die, one of two things may happen:
    1. We simply cease to exist and neither one of us gets to say, "I told you so!"
    2. We go to a Judgement or Afterlife as portrayed in major religions. In this scenario, I have to listen to the Muslim or Christian say, "I told you so!" But that person doesn't have to listen to me say anything like that.

I almost want to believe because it would truely be Hell to listen to Muslims telling me, "I told you so!" for eternity.

Please keep this discussion polite.

Thank you,
    Jasper

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DefSkeptic Registered Senior Member

Well....if you are wrong, then you have more to worry about than just "i told you so" you got the whole eternity of hell to deal with.

Dont worry, cause you wont be hearing anything once you're dead. Its just a fantasy and a result of human intuition to come up with such a intellectually infantile concept, such as the afterlife.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.