Holy Bible implies be an Atheist!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by GodLied, Jul 3, 2003.

1. GodLied Registered Senior Member

To protect oneself from the rath of Satan, be an Atheist, according to the Holy Bible. Furthermore, in the afterlife 144,000 souls go to Heaven; leftover christian souls with good moral records are displaced nomads neither put in Heaven nor in Hell; and all sinners go with non-chrisitan souls to Hell. Because christians that have sinned will be punished by Satan, nomadic afterlife is not the heavenly consideration some people want, and the quota for Heaven has already been exceeded; Chrisitians are better off changing their faith to avoid displacement as well as, if they ever sinned, persecution from Satan.

GodLied.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Philosopher Wannabe Philosopher Registered Senior Member

Does it matter? Live your life any way you see fit, not because someone else says so.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. okinrus Registered Senior Member

140,000 is 120 * 1200. 120 represents followers of Christ. Revelation should be taken symbolically.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Philosopher Wannabe Philosopher Registered Senior Member

What?

8. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

140,000 is 2 *70,000 which, as we know, is 2 * 70 * 1000, where, obviously, 1000 represents a millenium, 70 refers to the Ugaritic Council, and two is the number of anatomically useless nipples on the male ID supporter. Revelation should be taken symbolically, and then dismissed.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

10. okinrus Registered Senior Member

If you look at the age when it was written, symbolic stories were common. You have the mistaken notion that modern historical writing was common at that time. This is what the footnotes say, "One hundred and forty-four thousand: the square of twelve(the number of Israel's tribes) multiplied by a thousand, symbolic of the new Israel(cf Rv 14, 1-5; Gal 6,16; Jas 1,1) that embraces people from every nation, race people, and tongue(9)

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

For an excellent book on numerology and Christian religion I'd suggest: Jesus Christ, Sun of God: Ancient Cosmology and Early Christian Symbolism For example: Why does Jesus pull 153 fish from the sea? Why fish? How does this relate to Pythagoras (also a fisherman of 153

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why is Jesus named Jesus (obviously Greek)? How does Jesus (888) and that evil evil 5th-note relate to music

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(more Pythagoras). What about Mythra? Anyway, Fideler goes into detail on the use of Pagan numerology and Christian writings.

12. Circe Registered Senior Member

Since you mention Pythagorean numerology, it's good to keep in mind that to him/his followers numbers had numerical as well as spiritual values. For example, "2" didn't mean adding "1" and "1" -- it meant a division of "1", signifying that everything originated from the same root.
    Just like when one cell divides, it creates two identical copies of itself.

13. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

Yeshu[a] -> Iesous -> Jesus

Your kidding, I hope.

Yeshua was transliterated as Iesous because Greek lacked the 'y' and 'sh' sound and required the masculine name to end in an 's'.

In the BAR issue announcing the recently debunked ossuary inscribed "Ya'akov bar Yosef akhui diYeshua", Lemaire writes:

14. GodLied Registered Senior Member

You are getting into numerology. Now you are implying that Christians are numerologists. If we really want to get into it, Christians should be Magi because Magi identified Jesus. If Christians revert to being Magi and numerologists, there will be no need for churches.

GodLied.

15. okinrus Registered Senior Member

You are getting into numerology. Now you are implying that Christians are numerologists.
    Yes, at least a little bit.

The Magi worshiped Jesus. I'm not sure what you mean by identify. Judas identified Jesus. Your argument does not follow. The church is a place where believers gather to teach and recieve communion. The building is not important, but the nuimer of people requires a fairly large building.

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Xians are numerologists

Then why does the RCC base its worship on certain "dates" as follows:

Epiphany - January 6 - Circumcision of Jesus
    Good Friday before Easter - Sabbath Day
    Easter - March/April - Pagan feast of fertility
    Immaculate Conception - September 8 - Birth of Mary
    All Souls Day - October 31 - Pray for all souls in purgatory
    All Saints Day - November 1 - Pray for all saints that went to heaven
    Annunciation of Mary - December 8 - Angel told Mary she was expecting.
    Christmas - December 25 - Pagan worship of Winter Solstice

Just a few examples.

Also, several other "great" prophets were born on December 25th. The "holy" dates in Xianity were taken directly from the Pagan feast days. Xianity is the MOST watered-down religion. It took a little bit from here and a little bit from there. Nothing in Xianity is original unto itself! The RCC most definitely practices numerology. Numerology was practiced all through the OT and NT. And what else do you call it when the Bible refers to "6 days of creation," and "God rested on the 7th day?" "12 tribes and 12x12=144,000?" "it rained for 40 days" and "Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness?" Oh, and let's not forget the number of the beast is 666!" The whole Bible (every single version) is based on the number of books, chapters and numbered scripts! Why do you think it always refers to "John 3:16, or II Corinthians 13? All numerology! Every breed of animal Noah took in the ark went 2x2. The Bible was probably the first book of numerology. The entire thing is based on numbers. Oh, yeah, there is even the Book of Numbers! So, Xians do believe in numerology and base their whole faith on it!

17. okinrus Registered Senior Member

In order to stop pagan worship.

The "holy" dates in Xianity were taken directly from the Pagan feast days. Xianity is the MOST watered-down religion. It took a little bit from here and a little bit from there. Nothing in Xianity is original unto itself!
    I never judge a religion by the date it celebrates something.

These numbers have symbolic meaning. God flooded the earth for 40 days, Moses spend 40 days on mount Sinai, Goliath faced off against Israel's army for 40 days, and Jesus faced off against Satan for 40 days.

Numbers are fun.

Every breed of animal Noah took in the ark went 2x2.
    Jesus sent 70 of his disciples out 2x2. A testimony requires two witnesses.

God created numbers.

18. atheroy Registered Senior Member

fair enough. however, look at the reason why christ's birthday happens on december the 5th. it was a major holiday signifying things like harvest end or what have you and could be considered a pagan holiday by christian terms (it may have been superstitious or supternatural stuff but no less supernatural than most religious things). being the anal cavities that the churches were they tried to abolish this holiday when it was probably the single greatest event that everyone looked forward to every year as it was a chance to have a break, dress up and eat some semi-decent food. people rebelled and would not take notice of the churches insistent ramblings that this was no more a holiday so the church had to conform to the people saying it was of other importance- i.e. christ's birthday. doesn't that seem devious to you? does to me. it's this way that religion persists, it changes to people's life styles to insinuate itself into them. it's devious behaviour and another reason why i don't accept christianity. i don't like that sort of manipulation.

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Devious Xians

Amen, Bro!

20. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Atheists shouldn't take the bible seriously. Therefore it is in fact futile to try to bury the bible using the bible. You see Christians lack the basic skills neccessary to understand concepts such as "contradictions" or "parable." Therefore there can be no use in attempting to do such.

However it should be of note that the bible is a terribly primitive read. Most of the stories are the work of raving lunatics. Eg: A man is asked to kill his son based on a bet between God and the devil. What sort of deity is this tyrant?

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

What kind of deity is this?

He's the jealous one who didn't want any other gods put before him. He's the master manipulator. He's the one that inspired all that Biblical crap. Jeez, he calls himself YHWH (Jehovah) but he sure sounds like Satan!

I don't take the Bible seriously. Does that mean I'm an atheist? I believe in a God-Creator, neither male nor female, but a spirit or positive force in the universe. The more I learn about Jesus and Xianity, the more atheistic I become.

22. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

Re: What kind of deity is this?

You have yet to demonstrate either.

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: What kind of deity is this?

What is this, a witch hunt? I didn't know I was being deposed!