If Islam is really bad, why ON EARTH then all these westerners are converting ????

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Syrian, Jul 1, 2003.

1. A NATION CHALLENGED: AMERICAN MUSLIMS; Islam Attracts Converts By the Thousands, Drawn Before and After Attacks
    By JODI WILGOREN
    Source: The New York Times : October 22, 2001, Monday .

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/22/national/22CONV.html

From “Islam & America” to “Islam in America:

http://www.pakistanlink.com/community/2002/Feb/08/07.html

Islam increases at 17,809 per day, 742 per hour, 12 per minute (three times as fast as Great Commission Christians and only slightly slower than all Christianity as a whole: ( christain resources)

http://www.usprayercenter.org/missionary.html

Understanding The Truth About America's Fastest Growing Religion:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Orchard/1256/is.html

And even the JEWS are converting to Islam:

http://www.jewstoislam.com

A matter of faith: Islam is fastest-growing religion in U.S:

http://classic.sacbee.com/news/news/old/local01_20010701.html

Islam is currently the fasting growing religion in America whose adherents hail from every race and ethnicity.:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/islam_in_the_us/33392

Why are Westerners converting?

http://cbn.org/SpiritualLife/understandingislam/Why_are_Westerners_converting.asp?option=print

Even CHRISTIAN messionaries are converting to ISLAM:

http://www.geocities.com/ultimatetruth1/convetlists.htm

How Islam liberated Africa ?

http://www.culturalorientation.net/bantu/sbrelig.html

Islam is spreaidng in Latin America:

http://www.latinmuslims.com/history.html

http://wais.stanford.edu/latinamer_0muslimsinmexandla7102.html

THE NEW YORK TIMES
    Ranks Of Latinos Turning To Islam Are Increasing
    By DANIEL J. WAKIN

http://www.puertorico-herald.org/issues/2002/vol6n03/RanksIslam-en.shtml

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

"Already more than a billion-people strong, Islam is the world's fastest-growing religion." ABCNEWS, Abcnews.com

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the country." NEWSDAY, March7,1989, p.4

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the United States..." NEW YORK TIMES, Feb 21, 1989, p.1

"Moslems are the world's fastest-growing group..." USA TODAY, The population referance bureau, Feb. 17, 1989, p.4A

"Muhummed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities." Encyclopedia Britannica

"There are more Muslims in North America then Jews Now." Dan Rathers, CBSNEWS

"Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America." TIMES MAGAZINE

"Islam continues to grow in America, and no one can doubt that!" CNN, December 15, 1995

"The religion of Islam is growing faster than any other religion in the world." MIKE WALLACE, 60 MINUTES

"Five to 6 million strong, Muslims in America already outnumber Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Mormons, and they are more numerous than Quakers, Unitarians, Seventh-day Adventists, Mennonites, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Christian Scientists, combined. Many demographers say Islam has overtaken Judaism as the country's second-most commonly practiced religion; others say it is in the passing lane." JOHAN BLANK, USNEWS (7/20/98)
    http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/980720/20isla.htm

"In fact, religion experts say Islam is the second-largest religion in the United States... Islam has 5 million to 6 million members, followed by Judaism, with approximately 4.5 million..... And Islam is believed to be fastest-growing religion in the country, with half its expansion coming from new immigrants and the other half from conversions." By ELSA C. ARNETT, Knight-Ridder News Service

"It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Qur'aan about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from Allah, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of Allah."
    Professor Keith Moore, one of the world's prominent scientists of anatomy and embryology. University of Toronto, Canada.

"But Islam has a still further service to render to the cause of humanity. It stands after all nearer to the real East than Europe does, and it possesses a magnificent tradition of inter-racial understanding and cooperation. No other society has such a record of success uniting in an equality of status, of opportunity, and of endeavours so many and so various races of mankind . . Islam has still the power to reconcile apparently irreconcilable elements of race and tradition. If ever the opposition of the great societies of East and West is to be replaced by cooperation, the mediation of Islam is an indispensable condition. In its hands lies very largely the solution of the problem with which Europe is faced in its relation with East. If they unite, the hope of a peaceful issue is immeasurably enhanced. But if Europe, by rejecting the cooperation of Islam, throws it into the arms of its rivals, the issue can only be disastrous for both." H.A.R. Gibb, WHITHER ISLAM, London, 1932, p. 379.

"It (Islam) replaced monkishness by manliness. It gives hope to the slave, brotherhood to mankind, and recognition of the fundamental facts of human nature."
    Canon Taylor, Paper read before the Church Congress at Walverhamton, Oct. 7, 1887;
    Quoted by Arnoud in THE PREACHING OF ISLAM, pp. 71-72.

"The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammed. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he? "
    Lamartine, Historie de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol. 11 pp. 276-2727

"How, for instance, can any other appeal stand against that of the Moslem who, in approaching the pagan, says to him, however obscure or degraded he may be 'Embrace the faith, and you are at once equal and a brother.' Islam knows no color line." (S. S. Leeder, VEILED MYSTERIES OF EGYPT)

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may
    be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and
    secular level." Michael H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY,
    New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc., 1978, p. 33.

"Everything made so much sense. This is the beauty of the Qur'an; it asks you to reflect and reason....When I read the Qur'an further, it talked about prayer, kindness and charity. I was not a Muslim yet, but I felt the only answer for me was the Qur'an and God had sent it to me." Cat Stevens (YusufIslam), former British pop star.

"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated." De Lacy O'Leary, ISLAM AT THE CROSSROADS, London, 1923, p. 8.

"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." George Bernard Shaw, THE GENUINE ISLAM, Vol. 1, No. 81936.

"I am not a Muslim in the usual sense, though I hope I am a "Muslim" as "one surrendered to God," but I believe that embedded in the Quran and other expressions of the Islamic vision are vast stores of divine truth from which I and other occidentals have still much to learn, and 'Islam is certainly a strong contender for the supplying of the basic framework of the one religion of the future.'" W. Montgomery Watt, ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY TODAY, London, 1983, p. ix.

"He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports." Bosworth Smith, MOHAMMAD AND MOHAMMADANISM, London, 1874, p. 92.

"The doctrine of brotherhood of Islam extends to all human beings, no matter what color, race or creed. Islam is the only religion which has been able to realize this doctrine in ractice. Muslims wherever on the world they are will recognize each other as brothers." Mr. R. L. Mellema, Holland, Anthropologist, Writer and Scholar.

http://www.alhewar.com/nyt_islam_attracts.htm

Finally to all of those who say Islam spread by the sword, here is the facts:

http://www.unn.ac.uk/societies/islamic/convert/sword1.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I don't think the rate of growth should be evidence for truthhood or falsehood. For example, look at how fast the alien craze spread. The mormon religion also has a fast growth rate.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

$cientology claims 9 million members, while they in reality, are less than 1% of that.

As to people converting to Islam... well, some people need to be dominated. Their choice.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flores Registered Senior Member

I'm muslim, and sometimes like the Jews, I feel selfish and wish that noone converts. It's like living with an all inclusive code book and faith that noone can obtain guidance from, why do I want to invite people like the ones in the world today, so they can corrupt it and tell me that my understanding of it is wrong......It's my Islam damn it, go get your salvation somewhere else.....Don't copycat my faith and my book.

Sorry Proud Syrian, but strength is not in the number of members to the faith, it's in the quality of the members.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

From above:

<i>Islam increases at 17,809 per day, 742 per hour, 12 per minute ...only slightly slower than all Christianity as a whole</i>

Well, gosh, I guess Christianity is the religion of the future.

9. New Life Registered Senior Member

Just because it is growing does not make it GOOD...

abortion, teen pregnancies, teenage girls who begin smoking....all of these are on the rise in Canada.......does that make any of them good???

10. Zero Banned Banned

Abortion? It is a bad example, since people will diagree that it is not good. I, personally, don't care about the whole issue.

I might say this to you.

If Christianity is really bad, why ON EARTH are all these Muslims converting?

Oh WAIT I guess you can't answer that one

If Islam is supposed to be the true religion, why ON EARTH are all these suicide bombings going on in the name of your pathetic god?

Oh WAIT I guess that knocked you out

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Flores Registered Senior Member

James R.

I completely understands your synical attidue toward this. Religious sales pitch and bragging numbers is not my cup of tea either, actually, it's one factor that would make me run from whatever it is they are selling.

Most people questing religion here like to arrive to their conclusion on their own, and are unique thinkers and I don't think the idea of flashing billion acounts of masses in their face is a convincing tool....

Proud stay away from the religion conversion numbers and stories...They are very cheap sales pitch looking and undermine the real precious message.

12. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

Better question - if Islam is such a wonderful relgion, why is it guily of so many pogroms on christians and jews over the last milennia, and why are there so few civil rights for people in islamic countries?

13. Flores Registered Senior Member

Zero,

Do you always wet yourself like that....Next time pay attention to that subtle feeling in your stomach, it's a warning that you need to go.

14. Zero Banned Banned

Do you always wet yourself like that? Pay attention to the unpleasant feeling in your tummy; it is a sign that physical evidence overcomes the meaningless "beliefs" Muslims hold dear.

15. Flores Registered Senior Member

I completely agree with you, and since Islam is guilty, I hereby send it to the electric chair. Can you please tell us how do you strap an Islam in a chair and how do we know it has finally died.

Forget all those people that actually did the horrible thing, we need to kill that Islam

16. Flores Registered Senior Member

Zero,
    Comeone now, did you degrade to the point that you have to use my punch lines to come back....What next, a Mechanical butt wiper for you, because I couldn't find anyone even close family members that agreed to do that for you.

17. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by Flores
    >I completely agree with you, and since Islam is guilty,

I'm glad you agree.

> I hereby send it to the electric chair. Can you please tell us how do you strap an Islam in a chair and how do we know it has finally died.

So you support death penalty? That's sad. Because i dont.

Then again, thats not a surprise, because only 2 islamic countries do not have the death penalty.

18. Flores Registered Senior Member

Then die, and let your children take another eternity of so called Islamic opression and killing, because you are a sissy that don't believe that a killer should be killed.

19. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

I'm proud to be a sissy.

20. Flores Registered Senior Member

I have religious license to inslut the hell out of you.

Yeah, aren't you proud of me, I can put your sorry ass to shame any time of the day. Newsflash, Islam doesn't teach us to turn the other cheek, oh no....so watch out Atheists, we slap back and pretty hard....none of that love cheek turning crap.

21. Zero Banned Banned

Re: I have religious license to inslut the hell out of you.

I'm sure Islam teaches you not to turn the other cheek. A possible reason why Muslims have a new fad. Blowing yourself to smithereens seems to be the new Muslim fashion. If this is you, I will give you hearty encouragement, and will hope for your success.

Now be a good boy and ****. Make everyone happy.

Moderator edit: Derogatory comments add nothing useful to the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2003
  22. Flores Registered Senior Member

Go buy a prespective, It cost more than a zero

You are so wrong, if you hurt me and kill a family member, I will ask the governmnet to hang you or blow you up, I would never hurt a nail of my finger. Why would I blow myself up, unless I was in war suicidal mission, and if I'm not mistaken, suicide missions are always used in wars, Americans use them, the Japanese use them, and Palestenian militants use them, so it's nothing new in war fighting, and have nothing to do with Islam.

Or is it when your western movies show Actors suiciding to save mother earth by blowing themselves and rocket, he's a hero, while when a Palestenian militant kill himself in the cause of his fight, that's taboo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2003
  23. Flores Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: I have religious license to inslut the hell out of you.

Just a demonstration that you are an idiot with a pee size memory.
    I'm a mother of two.

Ps. What the hell am I wasting my time on. a Zero.....???? Multiply yourself with infinity, and you might just compare to one of me.