Who is really GOD?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by AlexKN1, Jun 30, 2003.

1. AlexKN1 Registered Senior Member

Is GOD really human?
    Is GOD a powerful ET alien?
    or is GOD who created humans and other aliens?
    Is GOD is just our imaginary friend, which we assume will be with us and protect us for the rest of our life?
    Who is really GOD?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HYPERBAND Registered Senior Member

God is my 2 year old German Shepherd. "Oh wait thats Dog sorry i'm a bit dyslexic" God, Im not sure who or what He or She "LOL" is. However I hope they have a Good sence of Humor or im going down!.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. qfrontier Captain Of Starship Registered Senior Member

GOD can be in your mind or you can think of him as a superior being...but ultimately, your inner purified self is your god, for me, I would consider one of my gods to be Bruce Lee, well as my master I would say...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zero Banned Banned

Xev! That one word is all you need.

8. dribbler Banned Banned

i think God is faith.

9. doom Registered Senior Member

Im god,
    just write down all the sins you have commited here and ill forgive you.
    You must write them down in explicit detail though!

10. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

God is faith...

You could be right! Faith is a gift. We are the vessels of God's spirit on Earth. This is also a gift. That's why we're here. If humans were evil, they wouldn't be here on Earth to accept this gift. I guess without the spirit of God in them, they wouldn't have any faith. Thanks for your input!

Medicine*Woman

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Doom,

You pervert.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

You just called God a pervert?
    OOOOOoooooo you goin'a HELLLLLLL!!

God, apparently, is whatever the believer needs him to be.

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

How about a definition first -

The Definition of a God

There is often disagreement as to how a god should be described. I would define a god as a supernatural, conscious, independent being, entity or force capable of interacting with the natural world.

I do not use the word supreme because then there could only be one god. I do not use the words invisible, undetectable, all-powerful, all-knowing, or all-loving since gods need not have these attributes. I do not use the word spirit since it cannot be defined in real terms.

I use the word supernatural because a god must be something different from nature or else it would be bounded by the laws of nature. In that case, it would be too restricted to act as a god.

I use the word conscious because, without a consciousness (implying awareness and volition), the notion of a god is useless. If a god is believed to be an unconscious force, like gravity or electricity, then why view or treat it any differently than these other forces?

I use the word independent to allow freedom of action. A god would not only be free from the laws of nature, but also free from being controlled by other gods. The devil would be considered a god, since he is believed to work his mischief without interference. Angels would not be considered gods, since they are believed to be subservient to an independent god at all times. Greater gods may rule over lesser gods, but lesser gods must have some independence.

I use the phrase being, entity or force to try and cover a range of possibilities. If a god is something other than this, it is outside the realm of human experience.

And finally, I use the phrase capable of interacting with the natural world because a god must have this option (e.g. creation, miracles, answering prayers, delivering souls to heaven, etc.) or it is useless. What good is a god that can only observe, not intervene?

So the question remains: Is there any evidence or reason to believe a god exists? Atheists have concluded the answer is: No.

http://www.atheistalliance.org/library/AB-Defining_God.html

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  14. doom Registered Senior Member

Hahahaaa must be why people decide to become a vicar,men of the cloth BAH
    cloth=there masturbating wipe

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Raven,

Ahh nuts! And I thought I had been so perfect up til now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

"...don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"
    ~Jack Kerouac~

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

It seems also, that God is whatever the non-believers want him to be.

God is awfully convenient.

18. Gravage Registered Senior Member

Hmmm...