eternal hell awaits anyone who questions gods infinite love

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Baba O'Riley, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Baba O'Riley Registered Member

doesnt that sound a little intimidating?

Holy Crap

Wow! A lot of people responded to this stupid post. Anyway, I just wanted to make it clear that I did not post this. It was by the user soundsystim01. he just posted it under my name...

so... ya...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Not really. And if his love was infinate wouldn't he let me abuse him and still bring me into heaven because he couldn't stand to see me burn?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DefSkeptic Registered Senior Member

Just another example of the irrational though process that is organized religion.

The punishment definitely does not fit the "crime" and what a crime it is...........Thinking

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. okinrus Registered Senior Member

This untrue. Eternal hell awaits anyone who does not
    accept God's love. Besides, without God's love you are
    already in hell.

8. RileyWins Registered Senior Member

______

Absolutely NOT.

The threat of spending eternity in eternal torment is reserved for those who do not buy into a particular religious belief, be it Christianity or some other one.

It has nothing to do with love on any level.

The threat comes from a primitive desire for revenge against your enemies on the part of the early Christians. They were impotent against the Romans, so they made up stories where anyone who didn't accept their religion would be punished by God.

Have to give this possibility the same degree of credibility as Peter's claim that the world would end while some of the people who heard Jesus preach were still alive.

In other words, zero.

First you have to invent a God, and then you call anyone who doesn't fall down on their knees and accept your God's love a sinner or a heretic or whatever name you're using this week, but it isn't a very logical position.

God loves everyone, but any human who rejects Christ will be cast into a fiery pit...

How would you feel if you saw a Catholic priest hold the hand of a 9 year-old boy against a hot oven until all the flesh and muscle burned away down to the bone?

Isn't that what Christians accuse God of doing to non-christians?

You need to use some logic and not just parrot the dogma.

9. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"eternal hell awaits anyone who questions gods infinite love"

"Primates often have trouble imagining a
    universe not run by an angry alpha male."
    -Anonymous

10. okinrus Registered Senior Member

RileyWiles since why do you think that you can tell me what I believe?

Well this is funny. Do you mind if I quote some of the
    Holy Scripture?
    "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word of God"

John 6:51 "I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."

John 6:63
    "It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

John 15:9
    "As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love.
    If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love. "I have told you this so that you and your joy might be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. This I command you: love one another."

Oh really. Actually quite a few Christians were Romans.

RileyWins it is Satan that wishes us to burn in hell. If we do not choose God and sin intentionally against our concience then we have choosed Satan over God. Without God's love we are nothing and that is hell.

11. RileyWins Registered Senior Member

______

If I straighten you out on the facts, and not let you get away with parroting the Sunday School version of the facts,

then you'll see that I'm right.

Jesus never claimed to be God.

Peter was a con man who elevated Jesus to a semi-divinity, the same way the Roman senate elevated Caesar, and thus gave Augustus right to use the title "son of theos" or "son of God."

But "theos" meant something different than our idea of God.

"theos" included the spirits of humans who had ascended and joined with God after they died. Including many others than Caesar and Jesus, a whole list of deified Romans.

12. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Riley you are out of your mind. I'm starting to think there might be a deeper reason to why you fear exorcisms...

13. atheroy Registered Senior Member

tell that to buddhist peope who are the happiest people on earth. try telling that to me and i'll laugh at you because i don't see how i'm in hell. god does not have infinite love. the bible's description of god is so flawed that it takes some serious faith (and by faith i mean ignoring what's around us and believing in a book written in parts that makes absolutely no sense most of the time) to believe in the christian god. that's my view anyway. and the people who pervey god's word aren't any better. this is from personal experience so don't try and argue this with me either.

what does this mean? it, in my view means that the very words in the bible are absolute. not open to question. literal. besides, how does the rest of the mammialian world live without the word of god? to my knowledge they live quite contently. on food no less.

and okinrus, i have to ask, do you want to go to heaven? because heaven is forever and there is no excitement up there, so boredom is forever and that is not something i myself would want to experience.

well apparently i'm without god's love and i'm sitting here, writing a reply to you and therefore i am not nothing. i do not "sin" if sinning is going against the ten commandments. i have not choosen satan over god as i believe in neither. if god had infinite love, he wouldn't let people burn in hell just because they had a problem with those that preached his word, because as i understand it, god is also infinitely understanding.

14. okinrus Registered Senior Member

When did I say buddhist people were going to hell?

Of course I want to go to heaven, but best to worry about making this world heaven... The word of God is what God says: in the bible and within us. That is why Jesus said "The words I have spoken to you are of spirit and life". The flesh, physical bread, does not matter, but Jesus offers us the bread of life. Some are biologically alive but are spiritually dead.

No what Jesus means by "something" is good works. It is impossible to accomplish true goodness without God. Also you are assuming that you are without God's love which is not true.

15. atheroy Registered Senior Member

um, you didn't, but because they don't believe in god, and god is supposed to be the source of all goodness, i was just wondering how they could be happier than the rest of us (read Buddhism= happiness if you don't believe me) and i thought that if you didn't believe on god you automatically went to hell (that's what i'm told by my christian buddies anyway).

but WHY? no-one gives me an answer when i ask them why they want to go to heaven.

i'm not sure how i would class spirituality or being spiritual. believing in something???

i have to disagree, there are some atheist people who've accomplished some very good things, and true goodness is perhaps only what one perceives as good. i know i have differences when it comes to things i think are great and my friends or family think otherwise.

i find that having some big guy out there that is looking out for you very appealing. unconditional love and the such is a nice idea, but i can't prescribe to it on mass terms. if i were to become religious i think it would be very personal, incorporate all that we don't know into things we haven't found out yet, the things we know and the idea of a deity out there into one entity, i could be apart of that- even though it would still be a personal thing that i wouldn't necesarily feel i have to share with others on a sunday morning.

16. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Goodness is not just happyness but also will show itself outwardly. Some Buddhist do believe in God but it's more of a higher force type God. Not necessary automatic hell since no one can judge but Jesus. However what is certain is that you must put good ahead of selfish desires.

God is infinite joy.

17. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

If he's infinite joy then why is he always such a downer? And so many of his followers act like they've got barbed sticks shoved up their asses.

Hell is where it's at, man, there may be no AC but all of my favorite rock bands are going to be there.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

Isn't he basically saying "Eat me?"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

JD

19. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

This just in, Jesus was delicious!

20. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Hell is complete emptyness ... there will be no rock bands.

His living flesh and body present in the bread so that he is within us and us within him. Its been the major source of debate between Catholics and non-catholics...

21. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Ha, yeah, meanwhile millions starve while old men bicker about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin

What's Theology good for?

22. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Not me, that's for damn sure!

Could someone explain to me why these "god fearing" clowns need to justify their belief in god by telling the rest of us how bad we are? It just gives me a lower opinion of the person preaching and their religion. If god himself turned up & slapped me in the face, I still wouldn't believe.
    I know I shouldn't follow these threads

, I can't help myself

23. revbill2001 Registered Senior Member

Reality check

Anyone who believes that a document, the scriptures, that has been handed down for many years by word of mouth, and then translated into several languages, by people who had their own axes to grind, is absolutely the truth, had better have their heads examined. Having read the bible many times, and becoming an ordained minister in an efort to understand it, I can only come to one conclusion, to wit: the most stolen tome to ever be published has many flaws, but if you only pay attention to the parts that you personally would like have others believe, ignoring the parts that don't agree with your own personal philosophy, then you can have a promising career as an evangelist. Go ahead and preach to the masses that are gullible enough to listen to you and send you the money that they so desperately need to live on, so you can buy new Rolls Royces and Rolex watches. I'll even tell you how to get your own evangelistic credentials, and declare yourself tax exempt, so that Uncle Sugar can't take any of it away from you, you heartless, self-centered, money grubbing ass-holes.:bugeye: Oh yes, as to the origional question, heaven and hell are only in your mind. If you truely believe that you are going to either one, then you will die with your beliefs intact. However, dont be surprised if you land somewhere else intirely.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2003