Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by jonibo, Apr 23, 2003.

1. jonibo Registered Member

I did a search and didn't find anything on this topic. I am not sure I am putting it in the right category but I didn't think it necessarily fit into the Eastern Religion Section either.

I would like to see what others opinions are on this subject. Personally I believe in reincarnation in some form but just don't have any concrete notions.

I don't think we die and come back as forms less than human but as to whether we freely choose when we come back and as who etc. I am still pondering.

How about some other ideas?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I think believing or thinking you know anything about what happens after you die is utterly pointless and stupid. There's no evidence to think that anything even happens at all, so just try to enjoy life and worry about the after life when you end up there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Circe Registered Senior Member

If we assume that the Earth is a living organism (the Gaia concept) and everything on Earth gets recycled, it would follow that the "souls" get "recycled" as well.

If we do reincarnate, the question is: do we reincarnate 1:1, meaning one person's soul goes into another one? But that wouldn't quite account for the ever-growing population, would it?

Also, If we're supposed to learn from our past lives, how come we can't remember them? What is the point of reincarnation?

And the last question - If human thought is a form of energy, I guess we may assume that it can transform, transgress and relocate. Where then do the thoughts of the dead go? Are the thoughts of ancient Egyptians still around us, or are they floating somewhere beyond our galaxy?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Good points...

May be GAIA learns from the individual contributions of experiences and hence in a way, we are reborn...

Someday, may be in a million years, we could have technology to extract a persons mind in any place of the time line and form a body to inhabit such mind. May be there are entities out there who pick up minds(souls) and take them to distant universes to populate those worlds....

There has been documented cases where people have described their prior life without physically knowing about it that came to be true after investigation. How that happens, we may yet to know...may be someting about quantum level stuff....

Somewhere I read that our mind has the ability to do quantum level computing since qbit computers are now being developed using oraganic compounds. What that menas....I dont know...

Just some thoughts.....

8. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

The world is far more interesting and mysterious a place than Science alone will ever possibly be able to fathom.

9. edgar Registered Senior Member

REINCARNATION IS A PRODUCT OF SATANS CHILD RELIGIONS! DONT BE SWAYED TO BELIEVE IN IT NO MATTER HOW CONVCINING IT IS!

10. Circe Registered Senior Member

Huh? Come again?

11. kmguru Staff Member

For those who did not grow up with "Satan" - Is not that Hollywood creations?

12. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

please don't ask him to come again.

my only thought about reincaration is, is it that you come back imediatly or just some time in the future. like if I died in 2005 might i sit on the "sidelines" for a while and come back in 2103?

not even fathom? I'm certainly a "more in this world than dreampt of in your philosophy" person. but surely at some point we could fathom. maybe not understand fully. but perhaps fathom.

13. kmguru Staff Member

I watched TLC channel on Edgar Cayce - who believed in reincarnation and that he was born in Atlantis around 10,500 BC. Very interesting stuff.

The next show was very interesting too - about astrology and its relationship with fractal system...

14. Circe Registered Senior Member

To take it even further, maybe we can also reincarnate in the past, for example someone dies in 2003 and comes back in 1506? I guess, for this to be possible, we would have to live in parallel universes where the past, presence and future are not preset and take place at the same time.

If we can influence and shape the past, as John Wheeler implies, then maybe we can reincarnate backwards as well?

Wheeler conjectures we are part of a universe that is a work in progress; we are tiny patches of the universe looking at itself— and building itself. It's not only the future that is still undetermined but the past as well. And by peering back into time, even all the way back to the Big Bang, our present observations select one out of many possible quantum histories for the universe.

The physicist John Wheeler suggests that we can affect now how a photon behaved in the past. More here

15. Circe Registered Senior Member

Can you elaborate, please? That does sound interesting.

16. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

There’s the East Indian guy who researched reincarnation for a decade or so. Supposedly found many kids there who no sooner could they talk than they’d say how they once lived in another town or got murdered there by a business partner, etc. Usually by age 5 or so they’d forget all about it. If you look around you'll find these are common stories world wide. They could all be fiction but I find that unlikely.

17. kmguru Staff Member

18. Revolution Registered Senior Member

You are under the assumption that if we are reincarnated back as a living entity as we are, how do you know you cannot say, go to Alpha Centari and be born a Trisglothlopod or whatever?

If I have to come back I want to be in a space travelling species.

Also how do you know your great great great grandpa isnt your dog?

Just food for thought.