In Search of Soul

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by MacM, Mar 4, 2003.

1. MacM Registered Senior Member

I generally do not like to get involved in religious threads. I am a Deist (that is not Atheist) but even though I tend to see the following almost voodo, I did see some interesting content and just wanted to pass it on to this group. I'll paste it here then make my own remarks.

prana has a measurable weight
    Date: 9/17/01
    Time: 2:33:19 AM
    Remote Name: 151.21.219.149

Comments
    Dr. Amrit Sorli Osho Miasto Institute 53010 Frosini (SI) Italy tel:0039-348-8127445 fax:0039-577-960213 email: sorli_amrit@hotmail.com

Additional Weight And Unknown Vacuum Energies Of Living Organisms

In 1987 I carried out experiments that demonstrate an additional weight of living organisms. Experiments were done in a closed environment that showed an increasing of weight during the growing phase of an organism and decreasing of it after its death. Therefore, there appears to be an additional weight of living organisms. This additional weight could be due to an unknown vacuum energy containment that exists in living organisms as it can not be accounted for otherwise within these closed systems. Preliminary experiments have been carried out on the Bio-technical Faculty, Ljubljana, Slovenia in June 1987. Measurements have been performed on a Mettler Zurich M5 scale. Six test-tubes were filled with three millilitres of water solution made out of meat and sugar. In four test-tubes were putted fungus in two test-tubes not. All test tubes were welded airtight. The weight difference between test-tubes was measured for ten days. In three days of growing period the weight of test-tubes with fungus increased on average for 34 micrograms in last seven days remains unchanged. The experiment was carried out in sterile circumstances. It shows that roundness of space-time around an organism is increasing during its growing period: Fg (dead) organic + dFg = Fg alive In other experiment two test-tubes were filled with 5 grams of Californian worms two with distillate water. All test-tubes were welded airtight. The weight difference between test-tubes was measured for 5 hours. First hour there was no difference second and third hour difference increased on average for 4.5 micrograms and remain stable in the last two hours. Experiment shows that the roundness of space-time around an organism decreases at the time of its death: Fg alive = Fg dead + dFg The experiment was repeated from August to September 1988 at the Faculty for Natural Science and Technology, Ljubljana. Two Mettler Zurich scales, type H20T were used in the measurements. Identical results were obtained. Experimental test-tube was filled with 70 grams of live California worms and a small test-tube, filled with 0.25 ml of 36% water solution of formaldehyde. The control test tube contained 70 ml of distilled water and a small test tube with formaldehyde. Both test tubes were welded, wiped clean with 70% ethanol, and put into the weighing chamber of the balance. Approximately one hour was allowed for acclimatisation. Later both test-tubes were measured three times at intervals of five minutes. Then the test tubes were turned upside down to spill the solution of formaldehyde and again measured seven times at intervals of fifteen minutes. The weight of the worms increases first 3 minutes after the poisoning on average for 60 micrograms and than went down. Fifteen minutes after poisoning, the weight diminished on the average by 93.6 micrograms. The entire experiment was repeated twelve times. The standard deviation amounted to 16 micrograms. The pressure in both test tubes was one atmosphere for the entire duration of the experiment, the temperature in both test tubes was the same. Neither the pressure nor the temperature could have therefore been the cause for the difference of the weight. In 1997 I published the results of the experiments in the "Newsletter" nr. 18-19 of Monterey Institute for Study of Alternative Healing Arts, California. Third of March 1998 Dr. Shiuji Inomata from Japan informs editor S. Savva that Dr. Kaoru Kavada got same results with the rats. Closed airtight in the plastic containers lose some weight at the time of death. According formula E = mcc by transforming 93,6 micrograms of matter into energy releases 2 X 10 E9 calorie of energy. In experiment no such energy release was observed. It means that energy that enters in living organisms and leaves them at the time of death does not belong to known energies that are caring electromagnetic, strong or week nuclear force. Momentary increasing of weight after poisoning shows that organism is in active relation with this unknown vacuum energy and that this energy is essential for its functioning. Such a type of energy in Indian traditional medicine is called prana, in Chinese QI. Extended research will provide more data what is unknown vacuum energy that causes additional weight.

Dr. Amrit Sorli

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacM Registered Senior Member

Energy and Life

What I found interesting is the prospect of gain in mass (energy) as a function of being alive or loss of the same upon deaath.

This all seems like a search for soul.

In that regard I would like to have seen more in terms of simular analysis of plant life etc.

Further I was interested in that it confirmed my view that life is life and we humans are ethnocentric. That is we should not place ourselves at the head of the table. All life appears to have this affect.

If we have "souls" so then does the worms in the study.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Q25 Registered Senior Member

soul?

thats a nice mumbo jumbo,there dont make much sense though,
    there's a nice explanation about how all this soul ideas came into existense at;
    www.atheists.org.
    click on atheism.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

The assumption that measurement deviations of a living thing between the transition from life to death it’s a form of searching or discovering the existing of a soul, are very bared to say the list. Even if under human standards we defined that a vacuumed sealed medium established automatically an interference–free environment for an unbiased test procedure.

I personally don’t think that the soul has neither a specific weight nor an exact dimension.
    If we were to think, even hypothetically that the soul has some form of energy, that in its absence it could be quantified or measure. It would be in the nano or pico grams. A scale of measure easily affected and easily corrupted by noise impurities.

Of cause, for those willing to believe, it should not be difficult to transfer those test results as an indication for the existence of the soul. Not everything in life has a scientific approach.
    :m: